Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AWA

25 days with the regimen and now a breakout!?

I am on my 25 day at the regimen and just like that I got a breakout on my whole face, perhaps 8 pimples, huger than ever (?). I have eaten good and all that so it can´t be that. Does anyone know why I suddenly got a breakout, seems very weird to mee :(

/AWA

I had the same thing happen about 5 weeks into the regimen. At first, I had great initial results but then I had a breakout of about 10 pimples and a cyst that looked worse than my skin ever looked before the regimen. I believe it was watching the message boards that pushed me through and kept me on the regimen... but I was highly, highly discouraged. I am about to hit 3 months and currently only have one small pimple on my face (and plenty of red marks). Looking back, I think that dryness was the main thing that encouraged my breakout.

(I should add that I changed my moisturizer, went from Neutrogena On the Spot to Dan's BP, and starting exfoliating after the breakout - all things that seemed to help me).

Good luck, I know the frustration. It really did get worse before it got better for me.

This is an initial breakout. Most people go through this while using BP. I'm on month 5 and my acne is damn near killed but when it comes up it will happen all at once, and then nothing for a long time. It just comes in cycles. Stick with the regimen.

Remember, don't pick.

Looking back, I think that dryness was the main thing that encouraged my breakout.

Good luck, I know the frustration. It really did get worse before it got better for me.