Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
irishboy18

Important Interview+Red Marks= DISASTER!!!

Ok, I have a very important interview for medical school on Monday. My acne is reasonably under control, I only have one active spot at the moment. But I have a lot of red marks, and they are quite draining on my self esteem, which is not a good thing two days before an interview!!! Can any one give me some quick tips with rapid results, even if only temporary? Bear in mind that I am a lad, so any kind of make up is absolutely not an option!!!

I have tried lemon juice, baking soda and vitamin e, which were all reasonably successfull, but I need more!! Any help is appreciated!! Cheers!!!

why are you so against make up?? its probably the only "quick fix" that you can get in that short amount of time... red marks take a while to clear up... i suggest getting some sort of concealer which you can buy at your local drug store...

There's no way you are going to clear red marks in a few days. It can easily take years for some marks to fade depending. Now that's the most extreme cases but still its not uncommon to take 12 weeks for redmarks to fade. Don't be so insecure about your face, its your abilities they're interested in, not if you have a perfect complexion. I have a lot of redmarks but I try not to worry about them. I'd advice the same, be confident in who you are not what you look like.

There's a lot of great concealer make-up out there that covers well while not looking like you're even wearing any, if you pick one to match your skin tone it will be invisible. Or as a compromise how about a tinted moisturizer, a tanned face can disguise some red marks. Take a look at the cosmetics board, everyones v.helpful and understanding, and you wouldn't be the only male that posts there. Only option if you want a quick fix.......good luck!

Yeah, there's no shame in wearing make up or cover up. It's not just for women; it's just heavily advertised for women because that's where businesses see a more potential sale. I've worn foundation on a couple of occasions, mainly big parties, but I only did it on the odd occasion because I didn't want to make anything worse by constantly putting cosmetics on my face. Noone notices, because believe it or not, I don't think people pay much attention to that sort of thing.

I dont know if this will help you but have you tried aspirin masks with honey? Ive been using it the past couple of days and I like it.

You could always try visine...

Whoa, did I go back in time? My post is at 11:30AM while the person above me is 12:20AM...

12:20 AM (20 minutes after midnight) comes before 11:30 AM (30 minutes before noon)...