Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BdotMan

LEMON JUICE & BAKING SODA?

Hi, I want to start this regimen...

* Wake up, rinse face with warm water, put baking soda on my blackheads on my nose for 10 minutes then rinse with cold water

* 12 hours later, after work, rinse face with warm water, put lemon juice from a lemon where my spots are for 10 minutes then rinse with cold water

Will this work??

PLEASE HELP!!

I have tried doing what you are saying myself from reading home remedies for blackheads on other sites. They didn't work for me.

Recently I have been trying scrubbing my skin with baking soda. It really exfoliates like crazy. Takes that dead layer right off. I haven't seen any improvement in my blackheads from it though and it does leave my skin very prone to getting dry and flaky. Not to mention shiny like plastic for a few hours after the scrub.

Instead of lemon juice you would be better of trying a product with salicylic acid or mandelic acid. At least these acids are fat soluble so there is a chance of them getting into your pores and doing something.