Notifications
Clear all

Ice Pick Scars Nose

MemberMember
(@sabracadab)

Posted : 02/16/2008 4:19 pm

I am at my wits end.....I have ice pick scars on the sides and end of my nose..getting worse over years. I had an excission that went wrong so not only is the ice pick scar still there but there is a big indention left. I have had laser done and made these scars worse and 2 ice pick scars formed..I just read that laser surgery can worsen these type scars. I wish I could find a Dr that knew what he/she was doing. I wonder if anyone out there in state of Ohio or any State has the best Dr. who deals with nose ice pick scars and has an idea of what treatments will work and not worsen the condition like a couple of Dr's here in Columbus, Ohio. I am so upset! I know there is something out there that will work but I need to find that Dr. that knows the answers. Not just any Dermatologist will do! Please anyone help! Thanks

Please note these pictures dont really capture the ice pick scars but they are there believe me!

post-6431-1203196927_thumb.jpg

post-6431-1203196935_thumb.jpg

post-6431-1203196927_thumb.jpg

post-6431-1203196935_thumb.jpg

MemberMember
(@anna)

Posted : 02/16/2008 4:34 pm

I'm so sorry Sabracadab,

I know how upsetting these things can be. Your picture almost looks clearer when it isn't enlarged. I see two little scars near the front of your nose and a few little icepicks up on top of the nostril flares. I wonder if some type of subcision wouldn't work on the front two. What type of laser treatment did you have that made this worse? I also wonder if some type of spot resurfacing wouldn't help???

Remember that probably nobody is looking at your nose as closely as you do.

Hang in there!

Anna

MemberMember
(@janey44)

Posted : 06/28/2014 11:50 am

I wish my scars looked this good.

MemberMember
(@db12)

Posted : 07/02/2014 7:54 pm

i have a scar on the same spot, i don't really know how to get rid of it but it's messed me up so bad socially nd psychologically. smh it would be great if dermatologists would find a 100% cure to scars on the nose.

i have to say though i've been using white lotus scar serum on this scar everyday for the past 3 months. it's improved a little but not by much.

ill include pictures upon request.

MemberMember
(@db12)

Posted : 07/02/2014 11:48 pm

dang totally bumped a old thread didn't even realize

MemberMember
(@janey44)

Posted : 07/05/2014 11:07 pm

I think I did that! How old is your scar?

MemberMember
(@db12)

Posted : 07/06/2014 12:42 am

I think I did that! How old is your scar?

well i tried to even out a shallow scar on my nose by the use of single needling and apparently i think i went a little too deep nd it created an ugly ice pick :/

just about 3 months.

MemberMember
(@janey44)

Posted : 07/20/2014 9:01 am

Sorry to hear that I have one lg ice pick and lots of smaller holes created by fraxel restore. I was thinking of trying dermastamp. Your ice pick may close. Give it time.

MemberMember
(@aurevoir771)

Posted : 07/20/2014 9:00 pm

Nose scars are pain in the ass to treat. I have not seen a single success story on icepick scars on nose yet. Oh this is not to discourage everybody as I am one of victims as well :)