Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey everyone....just wondering if any one uses it??i am using mineral makeup and i love it but it just doesn't last all day.ive heard alot of good things about mac but never used it b4...which is better liquid or creme??thanks

hey everyone....just wondering if any one uses it??i am using mineral makeup and i love it but it just doesn't last all day.ive heard alot of good things about mac but never used it b4...which is better liquid or creme??thanks

i do love my minerals but the coverage just doesnt last all day.i was just on makeupalley reading some reviews some good some not so good.i have been off of accutane for about 8 months now WOW that stuff is really amazing.thank you accutane.havent had a breakout in so long...so imknida scared to switch but the coverage from my minerals is just not enough for me.i still have some scarring and uneven skin tone.i want something oil free ofcourse and something that wont break me out.now i know everyone is different .i guess ill just have to take a chance..has anyone used estee lauders double wear??i have heard alot of good things about it??thanks!:)

I used to use Double Wear a long time ago, it is good for heavier coverage but it is very thick & I felt like you could really 'see' it on my face. Until recently I used Lancome Teint Idol which is their long lasting foundation & does not move much throughout the day. I have however just switched to Prescriptives Flawless Skin because I am very pale and it is the only range where I can get a really good skin match. I think it is a really good foundation and looks very natural. I'd definately recommend it.

Depends on what M.A.C foundation you are interested in trying out, since M.A.C has a number of different powder, liquid and cream foundations.

I really like the Studio Fix Fluid Liquid foundation from M.A.C, it provides enough coverage for me, is oil-free so it doesnt break me out, and looks good on me. However everyones skin is different, so if you want more coverage you may prefer a cream foundation.

I tried MAC studio fix and returned it. I'm pretty sure studio fix has been the only foundation product that I've been so disappointed in that I returned it. I found the coverage to be pretty awful - very cakey and unnatural looking. It didn't break me out, but it did make my skin go red and splotchy (which was apparent even through the cake-like application). I just didn't like it at all.

omg do not change ur foundation to mac specially if u r loving minerals..i was using MAC studio fix fluid, i've been breaking out ever since..so bad that i have to go on accutane..the studio fix powder adn the studio tech arent so bad..but i m back to my Bare minerals

Try MAC foundations if you aren't completely happy with your current foundation. Personally I absolutely love MAC Studio Fix powder foundation. I get awesome coverage with it (using a kabuki, foundation, or MAC 187 brush depending on how much coverage I need). It will not get cakey if you properly moisturize your skin. I would not recommend it for people with dry skin. A lot of people love Studio Fix Fluid; I didn't like it so much.

MAC is getting ready to release a loose mineral powder foundation with SPF called Mineralize SPF Powder. It is noted as medium coverage and has 8 or 9 shades. I'm excited to try it, although I HATE mineral foundation.

The great thing about MAC foundations is that you can return them if you don't like them. Which is why I definitely recommend trying MAC since you don't have much to lose. Everyone is different; many people claim that Studio Fix Powder Plus foundation breaks them out, but I love it and would probably quit working at MAC in protest. I've never had any problems with it and I have very sensitive and acne-prone skin.

My face was better for almost a whole month after the regimen. I recently got a MAC Studio Tech foundation just for cover up the scar and stuff on my face for my trip coming next week.... I was told by the counter girl that I should use the Studio Tech cuz I got dry skin (due to 2.5% BP of course). Then I start trying to cover up the imperfection with the MAC foundation I got 2 weeks ago. It was very good in the first sight, i can only slightly see a few pimples on my face! A few days after using the make up, I started to have break out again. I am not sure if it is relating to the ingredients in the make up or either I didn't clean my face properly after. I have the worst break out I ever had last week, it kinda ruined my effort for keeping my face clear :doh: . I spent almost 40 bux on it....I am too afriad to use it again. And I just went to Walmart to get the physician formular Mineral Wear Liquid foundation, hope it won't break me out again for the next couple of weeks on my oversea's trip.

i didn't have the greatest experience with studio tech either. i remember it worsening my acne, but that was a few years ago. they have different formulas out for dry skin now, so you might just want to try something else. the one thing with mac too is that you need to make sure and get all your make-up off at the end of the day. try mac cleanse-off oil. i :wub: it, and would NEVER go without.