Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vanheldan

asian skin and 10% glycolic acid night cream

would it be ok to use?...i'm not particularly dark skinned. i've decided to start off withe 10% rather than 15 %. what do you guys think? any other asians out there who have used GA Peels/ Creams?

would it be ok to use?...i'm not particularly dark skinned. i've decided to start off withe 10% rather than 15 %. what do you guys think? any other asians out there who have used GA Peels/ Creams?

the peel was not useful at least not in my case. But that should not discourage you from trying it. it works our differently for different people.

Hi, I currently use a 10% GA during the day time and a 15% GA at night. The first time I tried the day cream, I nearly burnt my face. The idea is to take it slow and not rub the cream on to your skin, just smooth a small amount all over the face . Initially you will notice flakiness, but that will eventually subside. Even after a few weeks of use, my skin still stings for a few seconds after I apply the cream.

My cystic acne has just cleared and this is helping me in clearing marks. I am a South Asian and believe GA works for me. I do try and use an SPF after applying the GA. The popular comment on this forum is that if you do not use SPF, the sunlight could discolour your skin. Being a south asian, I do not think sunlight affects me much. But then I do not want to experiment, hence comply with the SPF theory.

A few years back, I tried a series of GA peels at the beauty salon. During the application, it used to burn my face like crazy. But every time I walked out of there, I had friends telling me how clear I looked (at the time, I did not have an acne condition!!) and I used to do the peels just to get a glow. I would swear by GA any time......

thanks!!! i was apprehensive to begin with but i'll definitely give it a try. just have to wait for the products to arrive now. i'm going to try the night cream for now and give the peel a go when i'm more confident. its more for the redmarks than the active acne for myself and i've heard great comments in regards to that.