Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zitophobe

ACV timescale?

Been using ACV for red marks for a few weeks now, and so far seen no improvement whatsoever. How long does it usually take....should I have seen any difference by now or am I wasting my time?

What's everyone else's experience been?

Hmm.... I dont think it would cause you to break out? Not positive though. Are you leaving it on all day? Or washing it off

This is what's happened for me, I started using ACV about a week in a half ago and I've seen awesome results. Most of my lighter marks have completely faded and my darker marks are starting to fade. But i'm not using just ACV i'm using Delna's regiman which includes washing with Baking soda and then using ACV (leaving it on for 10 mins) to balance out my PH. At night I use egg white mixed up and a tsp. of lemon juice for 10 mins. And so far i've really seen results. I've also started drinking water with a tbs. of lemon juice everyday too cuz i've heard that really helps with red marks and scarring. Hope this helps.

Thanks for replying :) I've been applying it twice a day and leaving it on. I also use baking soda 3 times a week before the ACV (can't do it more often as it's too irritating along with Retin-A).

Pleased to hear it's working for you, hope it continues :)

hi there.

acv can cause your skin to purge.

it's bringing out all the gross stuff that causes you to break out.

some people go through the purging process, some dont- i definitely did.

i just stuck it out thankfully! i have been using it religiously since thanksgiving. i have no active acne anymore, and i think it is because of the acv internally/externally combined with taking 50mg of zinc everyday and applying vitamin E oil. (as well as not switching around products in my regimen.)

my red marks are definitely TONS lighter, and still getting better.

good luck! :)

Thanks and I'm glad it's working well for you :)

I didn't think I would experience any purging as I went through all that when I started Retin-A, which I've been using for 6 months now. It's encouraging to hear that it's working for you, so I will stick with it for a while longer.

Right now im using an ACV regimen and its definitely purging for me. When I started using it, I got a ton of little zits and stuff. I actually have a few little pastules? I think thats what they are. But those big red lumpy pimples. But I keep putting ACV on them and they are actually healing. I can tell. Im also taking 50 mg of zinc a day. Maybe you can try taking some zinc too? Also you can drink some ACV mixed with water. I dont use it, but I know some people do and it works for them. Good luck!

Thanks for the luck and advice. I take 30mg zinc daily, but cant swallow the vinegar due to a stomach problem.

I'm sorry to hear you're going through the purging, hope it's over for you soon. After the initial breakout I had with Retin-A, I didn't think there'd be anything left to purge! Oh well, will keep trying. Good luck to you too :)

So this is what I tried last night:

1. Mixed honey and Baking Soda, diluted it with water, and gently smoothed on my face. (Remember DONT scrub otherwise it'll cause irritation.)

2. Then I decided to mix my egg white mask, a tsp. of lemon, and about a three fingers worth of yogurt into the palm of my hand and applied it all over my face. I left it on for about 20 mins. Or until it was dry everywhere.

3. I washed it off and applied 1:7 Diluted ACV. (I wanted to dilute it a lot just cuz I wanted to make sure my skin wouldn't be irritated after all the exfoliation. Left it on for 10 mins.

Then I washed it off with water and applied (its just my usual routine afterwards, you can use your usual routine too! This just happens to be mine) my Salicylic Acid gel and moisturizer and went to bed!

I woke up this morning and my skin looked sooo evened out. (Which my skin always looks better right when I wake up) So I just sat there for awhile.. waiting for my skin to change to start showing more of the discoloration and red marks. Which after about 5 mins it did. BUT only a little. My skin looked sooooooo much more even and I even noticed my red marks had faded into a lighter pink shade. I WAS SOO HAPPY! Not to mention I just got my new Everyday Minerals make up yesterday so I couldn't wait to use that.

But you guys should definetly give this a try. I'm only going to do it about 3 times a week just becuz I dont want to over exfoliate my skin and cause irritation. (Cuz i've noticed with irritation it kinda puts you back three steps then you were before). But I also don't have very sensitive skin. My skin can usually handle most things, but I've even noticed that since exfoliating my skin has become more sensitive.

Let me know if you try it and if it works for you!!

Yay sounds good :dance: Thanks for letting us know. My skin always looks better first thing in the morning...then downhill from there.