Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
~ Honey ~

REDUSE stuborn redmarks,redness,unevenskin tone,shallow scars

lateley, my active acne has kinda calmed down, but i still have some whiteheads here and there, that sometime get inflammed (still experimenting with diffrent types of food , so im not sure yet what gives me innflamtion)

after several year of picking and acne has left my skin very uneven and shallowed scared some places, and now i have some really stuborn red marks (after using differin and BP) . it is so annoying cause finally when my acne calmes down, it still looks like i am all covered with zits.

have anyone any suggestions what kind of food or drink can reduse this skin-state,reduse red marks, shallow scarring ect?

or anything i can use as a topical. i have tried the egg white mask, it is ok.. i've also tried avc, but i think it was a little to strong for my skin.

i have also decided to use only natural remedies, like i don't want to have any thing chemicals on my skin, i think its so fed up with chemicals...

right now i only wash my face in the morning with a mild cleanser that has the same pH as the skin, and moist it with a cream from the healtshop, it is really good and makes my skin smooth. thoose are just 2 thing i am doing - both very mild. compared to what i used to before - BP, Diff, vichy creams, make up not for my skin type, make up cleansers, not washing make up of some late nights out, washing my skin several times a day, omg my skin never got a rest..

I've been thinking about this too. I think the egg white mask is something I'm going to do 2x a week (no more because I read somewhere that it loses effectiveness if you do it too often) and also use organic, plain yogurt or greek yogurt (it has natural lactic acid) as a mask 2x a week as well. Exfoliation is important too, so I have a microdermabrasion cloth for daily use, which you can find online. I've also read that yellow clay can help reduce marks. The thing is, getting rid of these marks, even with chemicals, is a long long process...

I just began with ACV but i think it is great. But you have to water it down or it is definitely too strong (makes your eyes sting-ouch). In fact doing this, it has taught me to water down my old toner too (why didn't I ever do that before? duh). I take a cotton disc and put it to the ACV bottle top and give it two upside downs to dispense two little dots. Then I take water from the tap on my fingers and drop about 4 big drops on the disc and then rub it all over. Its awesome.

heheh...ooh oki. maybe i will give it another go, but then i'll have to water it out even more, cause those last times a applied avc on my face it turned red and hot. have you seen any improvement in your red marks or the complex as whole? how long have you been using it?

I'm not really sure because I haven't been using it long. But it seems better immediately upon use, maybe just for an antiseptic quality or something.

Burt's bees Res-Q Ointment has workeed really well for me to heal scabs and scarring of all kinds, from pimples to bruises to broken capillaries from picking. I would reccomend it at night more so then day though, since it's very green and noticable. It's first ingredient that's not an emollient is comfrey root which according to their site stimulates new cell growth and increases cell production to support more rapid healing.

Sometimes with scarring I think time and patience is the only way :|

Massaging the skin is great though, use a very gentle skin care routine that is very healing to the skin. Spend at least 30 seconds massaging the cleanser and moisturiser in. The massaging will stimulate blood flow to the are which is healing.

Using a good exfoliant is great too.

Good luck.

If the redness is current inflammation, try aloe vera. It's all I've used to treated my rosacea for several years now.

And you can mix in things. Niacinimide helps with hyperpigmentation and you can get supplement capsules to add to the aloe. Also, green tea which is anti-androgen and anti-inflammatory due to it's anti-oxidents. I stir in those along with a little bit of glycerin or store bought moisturizer and that's all I use on most of my face.

Also, vitamin C is an anti-histamine and can reduce redness depending on the cause. It will also help collagen production. C needs to be taken throughout the day.

Exercise.

Do some cardio. Jog for like 30 minutes 3 times a week.

Do some exercise that make you sweat and make your heard rate increase - but not to get you tired.

Increases blood flow to the skin, helps distribute nutrition and cleans your pores.

From what I've read in different websites in my research about the benefits of exercise, it does help your skin and your body heal faster.

So it really is holistic if you add that to your regimen. Just make sure to cleanse your face as soon as possible after you exercise.

If the redness is current inflammation, try aloe vera. It's all I've used to treated my rosacea for several years now.

And you can mix in things. Niacinimide helps with hyperpigmentation and you can get supplement capsules to add to the aloe. Also, green tea which is anti-androgen and anti-inflammatory due to it's anti-oxidents. I stir in those along with a little bit of glycerin or store bought moisturizer and that's all I use on most of my face.

Also, vitamin C is an anti-histamine and can reduce redness depending on the cause. It will also help collagen production. C needs to be taken throughout the day.