Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jules.

Progesterone and Breast Development

So I'm on my third packet of YAZ birth control, and first week of my Wiley Progesterone.

AND... I can tell my boobs are either trying or starting to actually develop. I've had breasts for a while, but they've been 32 AA and A, nothing big. I'm a big fan of push-up bras, just because they make me look like I have boobs when I wear them under t-shirts. I've been reading a lot about progesterone and its roll, and one of the man things it's in charge of is breast development. Ha, no wonder I've never had real, developed breasts--I've never had high enough progesterone. Makes sense to me.

I'm not sure what to think of breasts, though. Having struggled so much with body-image and obsessions, I've never learned to appreciate breasts, and have loved not having them. I have mixed feelings. To the eyes of everyone reading this, I'm sure this sounds ridiculous, but if my boobs were to grow, I don't know if I would be ok with it. My sister got to a DD in high school, my mom got to a D in high school. I workout the most and eat the healthiest (I do know cardio helps keep breasts fairly small). But I.. I just don't know how I feel about it. If they were to reach a B-cup, it would take so much to be emotionally ok with that. Retarded, yes, but I've never wanted large breasts, and I've always felt like mine were too much. So now that my breasts are hurting and I realize I may be going through what I'm supposed to be going through as a female, I'm not naturally ok or excited about it.

I don't know what kind of insight I'm hoping to get out of that, if any, but maybe if you developed late or had a hard time with developing breasts, or just hate having large breasts even, you could tell me what it's been like for you. :] And what I should do to appreciate this process if that is really what's happening.

I hear ya. By age 12 i was a b, at 22 i'm a c. not happy with it... granted its proportional ( i aint skinney) but 1. its not all its cracked up to be and 2. it's never felt like it fit. like i woke up in someone else's body. and i have the opposite issue, my mom is flat as a pancake and always bemoaning the fact, somewhat directed at me (she is this as a rail tho :/). so what you describe makes perfect sense. good luck with the baby repellant (bcp)

So I'm on my third packet of YAZ birth control, and first week of my Wiley Progesterone.

AND... I can tell my boobs are either trying or starting to actually develop. I've had breasts for a while, but they've been 32 AA and A, nothing big. I'm a big fan of push-up bras, just because they make me look like I have boobs when I wear them under t-shirts. I've been reading a lot about progesterone and its roll, and one of the man things it's in charge of is breast development. Ha, no wonder I've never had real, developed breasts--I've never had high enough progesterone. Makes sense to me.

I'm not sure what to think of breasts, though. Having struggled so much with body-image and obsessions, I've never learned to appreciate breasts, and have loved not having them. I have mixed feelings. To the eyes of everyone reading this, I'm sure this sounds ridiculous, but if my boobs were to grow, I don't know if I would be ok with it. My sister got to a DD in high school, my mom got to a D in high school. I workout the most and eat the healthiest (I do know cardio helps keep breasts fairly small). But I.. I just don't know how I feel about it. If they were to reach a B-cup, it would take so much to be emotionally ok with that. Retarded, yes, but I've never wanted large breasts, and I've always felt like mine were too much. So now that my breasts are hurting and I realize I may be going through what I'm supposed to be going through as a female, I'm not naturally ok or excited about it.

I don't know what kind of insight I'm hoping to get out of that, if any, but maybe if you developed late or had a hard time with developing breasts, or just hate having large breasts even, you could tell me what it's been like for you. :] And what I should do to appreciate this process if that is really what's happening.

It's meant to be oestrogen that causes breast growth not progesterone. Yasmin is a pill with higher oestrogen then progesterone (as is dianette and all the ones prescribed for acne).

I'm sure yasmin has a great dealof an effect on my breasts, but it's when I take the progesterone that I really notice. Like I said, i never did develop "real" breasts--puberty for me was completely imbalancing my body and trying to do the normal things, but not working out so much. I stopped growing, I got this crazy irregular period that pretty much came once a year, skin problems, easy weight gain, etc. (all from PCOS.)

"The Wiley Protocol® formulation and manner of dosing bio-mimetic HRT. . ."

This website has more info on the stuff I use: http://www.thewileyprotocol.com/

And so far, my breasts never grew bigger than they had when I posted this topic. And I actually love them, they're perky ;)

My breasts are freakishly large - 38 DDD - so I totally get the depression that sets in when you look at yourself in the mirror and realize that your body is NOT doing what you want it to do. I get pretty insecure about my breasts, too, and they do hurt ALOT. The best advice I can give you is this:

You are not your breasts. You are a person, an entire being with years of history that exist independently outside of your breasts. It's not always easy to remember, but when I do remember that, it does make it easier for me to go on with my day.

For an update on all this . . .

I stopped taking the birth control, stopped the estrogen and progesterone..

And my boobs are back to their small A size. hahah. This is a good thing, I couldn't stand the larger breasts. Maybe once I have kids and start nursing.