Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xauthenticx

Retin-A-Micro .1% vs .04%

So ive been using Retin A Micro(RAM) .1% for about 2years now with a combination of Evoclin(Clindamycin), my skin seems to have cleared up but i still get 1 or 2 pimples every now and then. I am debating on going down to .04% as opposed to using the .1%, what do the knowledgeable people on this board think? What should i be looking for or what should i base this decision on?

Thank You in advance.

You should go down to the lower concentration if your dermatologist okay's it.

Usually, people who go to the lower concentration are people who get cleared up from the medication but also experience irritation (i.e. they may be clear, but their face may be red). A lot of times, it's a great option for these people to go down to the lower dose because they can still maintain a relatively clear skin while also lessening the side effects.

However, if you have no irritation at the moment, there's really no need to go down to the lower concentration. But as always, ask your dermatologist about it, since you are curious as to whether or not you should. He/she will have the best option for your skin.

Best of luck!