Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

scrambled eggs or boiled eggs the best for acne? is it even good for acne? i heard it is good for you and then ive heard its not good for you im really confused

eggs have no effect on me whatsoever. I think everyone's body is different in what it will and will not tolerate. I can't drink milk, eat cheese, or ice cream without getting gigantic painful cysts within a few hours.. but i can eat yogurt. Go figure. Anyway, just eat eggs and see how your body reacts. I don't think a certain way of preparation is necessarily superior than all others. The yolks are filled with all kinds of nutritional goodies so I try to have 1 entire egg daily w/ one egg white added. (I fry mine with pam olive oil spray) So, were I to have them hard or soft boiled, I would eat one egg entirely and discard the yolk from the second egg.... same premise with scrambled. Hope that helps.

It's a common allergen. If you aren't allergic, then there's no problem. Eggs are not 'bad.'

I actually am allergic to egg whites according to tests, but they produce no noticeable reaction.l

One concern with eggs is that they are very high in saturated fat and cholesterol. There's a brand of eggs that claim theirs to be low sat. fat and cholesterol, but one of their eggs give you as much as 50% of your daily recommended amount of cholesterol and 25% of your D.R. amount of saturated fat. If their advertising is correct, eggs elsewhere must be really rich.

The eggs you purchase at supermarkets are layed by frail and feeble chickens. Best get organic free-range eggs, preferably from your local farm (support your local organic community!). You'll be amazed at how "healthy" their eggs are, compared to supermarket ones; the farm-fresh ones literally glow next to the dull, small, and pale store-bought ones. Don't fret over omega-3's; eggs high in them are laid by chickens who are forced fed a diet they would not normally eat. Also, do not worry about the lipids in eggs:

http://www.cholesterol-and-health.com/Cholesterol-Myths.html

That's just one site, you can use Google to find numerous more.

To best digest eggs, you should egg them raw, but eat the albumin from just one raw egg at one sitting (however, you can eat as much yolk as you want). Another way is to poach them. I do not recommend frying eggs; you denature the protein so badly that they take forever to digest (if they are still digestable at all).

Eggs are practically a multivitamin itself; they contain nearly all nutrients in decent amounts, only lacking vitamin C and plant chemicals.

Egg yolks are full of essential vitamens like D, and free rangers are usually better in the omega 3 fats. Unless you're allergic, theyre great. Dont eat egg whites raw though, yolks you can.

Altervista, have you ever tried adding back large amounts of grain/sugar/milk to see if it has an affect? Are you sure you haven't just grown out of acne? Don't get me wrong, i don't doubt the acne diet connection i'm paleo at the moment myself and it's working but i'm just wondering. Have you ever gone off the probiotics to see what happens?

Don't fret over omega-3's; eggs high in them are laid by chickens who are forced fed a diet they would not normally eat.

I like eggs but I think I may be allergic to them. Boiled eggs seem to make my mouth and tongue really dry. Is that a symptom?

Don't you mean omega-6's, not omega-3s? Force-fed chickens are lower in omega-3s.

Other than that, great post.

I like eggs but I think I may be allergic to them. Boiled eggs seem to make my mouth and tongue really dry. Is that a symptom?

microwave scrambled need no oils, nore do they open your pores while standing over the hot steamy pan cooking and thus allowing stuff into your pores. I think raw egg can be used topically to stimulate collagen growth but maybe thats a stretch.

microwave scrambled need no oils, nore do they open your pores while standing over the hot steamy pan cooking and thus allowing stuff into your pores. I think raw egg can be used topically to stimulate collagen growth but maybe thats a stretch.

Any kind of "cooking" is going to destroy some of the nutritional value, whether that be stove top or microwaving, it's the "heat". I was eating raw eggs recently (am fully aware of the risks in doing so) until I discovered it caused my skin to breakout.

Any kind of "cooking" is going to destroy some of the nutritional value, whether that be stove top or microwaving, it's the "heat". I was eating raw eggs recently (am fully aware of the risks in doing so) until I discovered it caused my skin to breakout.

I wouldnt believe what other people say in regards to eggs. The only way you will know if they break you out or not is if you eat eggs and find out YOUR reaction.

Don't you mean omega-6's, not omega-3s? Force-fed chickens are lower in omega-3s.

Other than that, great post.

Thanks!

But nope, I meant omega-3s; chickens fed a lot of flaxseeds and soy will produce eggs with a higher omega-3 content. Actually, I made it seems like a bad thing in my post :doh:, but it's not! I was trying to warn that farm fresh eggs will probably not be as high in omega-3s than fortified ones, but that one shouldn't fret over it. : -)

Boiled eggs or eggs in general? If you're allergic to something, you're usually allergic to it in all forms.

No microwaving is not the same as cooking, it's totally different, it's not using heat to cook your food it's using radiation. The vitamen/mineral content of food is lowered to the point of almost no point eating it when you zap it in the microwave. It's a dangerous practise that will be proven to cause a lot of health problems in the future, do yourself a favour and join the slow food bandwagon. Cook it simply, traditionally and take the time and effort and enjoy it. It's the fast food attitude that's got us into such a health mess in the first place.

Heat cooks food, but it doesnt do so by vibrating the water in the cells, thats just unnatural. Perhaps it's not harming you, I dont know nor does anyone, but it does denature the food. Cooking doesn't destroy all nutrients and actually makes many more available, particularly in the case of hard vegetables, humans cant break down cellulose well and cooking softens the wall of the cell. I know a study was done recently where the vitamen content was reduced by microwaving by a large percentage, forgotten what, but much more than cooking. Anyway better than eating crap and transfats I suppose so each to their own.