Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Update: Over 2 weeks on this supplement.

I noticed a few pimples last week, one kind of large on left cheek near hairline. Both did go away and now skin is clear. Possibly a slight purge.

Btw, I am a 44 yr old female who still experiences occasional breakouts. I have slightly to moderately oily skin.

I feel the Dim has slightly to signifigantly reduced the oil production in my skin. Yesterday I took a nap with 4 hr old makeup on my face. It still looked ok when I woke up. Normally, I would be quite oily.

I like this. I don't see how this could cause major breakouts as some reported other than a slight purging effect. Possibly others are trying other new things as well. I think this is a good thing.

Im a 16 year old male with mild acne. Get whiteheads, your normal red pimples but very small and the rare cyst. No blackheads. I just bought DIM-PLUS ( just released in Canada few weeks ago.)

I was reading up on DIM and people are saying this really works, even for males. The DIM I have is by natures way-dim plus enhanced absorption and it contains Vitamin E(3 mg) DIM(12.5mg) and a blend of spinach, cabbage and broccoli (50mg).

Is this too little DIM? Should I be taking more, less? How much should I be taking if so?

Please post what you bought, even though don't buy off the interent but whatever.

Sorry if my question has been mentioned (and answered) already. Since this thread is 62-page, it would be forgiveable if I wasn't able to go through each and every word of each and every post of each and every page ;)

Based on this (http://www.jacemedical.com/articles/Hormonal%20Health%20and%20Balance%20Information.pdf), it looks like I'm a typical victim of estrogen dominance (12/22 symptoms), excess androgen (acne/ super-oily skin and thinning scalp hair) and progesteron deficiency (20/30). So, based on you guys' experience, is DIM gonna be a good choice for me? Thanks vm :)

I just ordered some DIM and am really excited about it from what I've been reading. However, does anyone have any recommendations on how long you are supposed to take it? Is it a permanent supplement that if you go off will ruin your skin again or is it a short term deal? Any thoughts?

Hey

i got hold of some natures way dim and also changed my diet and im sure there was a significant improvement. I ran out of DIM PLUS however .Seeing as im from the UK i have to import from the US). Ive just got my next delivery i ordered 3 mouths worth (taking 2 in the morning and two evening ) It's sooooo expensive to import ive paid like $100 dollars (including handling ect).

My first question: Ive found 'DIM' i can buy in the uk so obviously it would save me lots of hassle and money if i bought that, however im not sure if it will work as well this 'DIM Plus' people have been talking about this increased absorbsion ect. Im just worried if i don't order my next batch soon (takes like 3 weeks to get here) ill run out again so what do you think would it be ok to get some 'diindolylmethane' and use that instead of DIM PLUS. (Would defiantly save so much money and hassle).

or does anyone know where i can get 'DIM PLUS' in the uk?

or anyone who can import cheaply ect :/

My second question: I've recieved my fresh batch and was wondering should i double up on my first dosage to make up for the lost days?

any input would be helpfull thanks

Hi there

I am taking DIM for the past 3 weeks. It has helped me out but hasnt taken away the little pimples on my face and neck and back.

I am wondering what will happen when ceasing this supplement? Has anyone ceased the supplement and what happened?

Thanks

Hi there

I am taking DIM for the past 3 weeks. It has helped me out but hasnt taken away the little pimples on my face and neck and back.

I am wondering what will happen when ceasing this supplement? Has anyone ceased the supplement and what happened?

Thanks

I just found out that my naturopath would like me to not continue on DIM as she will re evaluate me when I see her next week.

God, I hope I dont breakout massively again :confused: :redface:

I know this post is almost a year old and you connected your PMS acne with you being hypoglycemic, I too am hypoglycemic and experience bad breakout before my period and face looks better when I have at . I find when i drink i do have red spot on my face the next day, how is your acne today and did DIM help clear you? Thanks

My acne is definitely hormonal and is wrapped up with bad PMS.

It started getting really bad when I went on Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo and I got cystic acne for the first time in my life.

I stopped taking DIM for a few months because I was clear and figured I could save some cash (but I was also avoiding sugar and alcohol and eating oatmeal every morning).

But then I had a couple months where I was drinking WAY too much and eating a lot of crappy food and my face exploded. After almost four months of hell, I'm finally clear again.

I know this post is almost a year old and you connected your PMS acne with you being hypoglycemic, I too am hypoglycemic and experience bad breakout before my period and face looks better when I have at . I find when i drink i do have red spot on my face the next day, how is your acne today and

<<<<

My acne is generally cystic, just stupid painful lumps that never come to a head and leave red marks in their wake for months.

However, from reading this board I've realized that my PMS is all tied in with my hypoglycemia. So, thank you all for that information, it's really saving my life.

For the past two weeks, I've been following a low-glycemic diet in addition to taking DIM and my other supplements, and I gotta tell you guys, my skin is already looking great. It's no longer all oily and scaly... I actually am starting to look like a healthy human being.

The bottom line is, I just can't drink alcohol or eat a lot of carb-laden junk food if I want to look pretty.

This low-glycemic diet stuff just makes so much sense to me. I wish I'd realized this 10 years ago, though. Oh well. You can't beat yourself up over the past. All you can do is do the right thing going forward!

Hey ive been reading lots of posts about DIM and i think ill give it a try.

From what ive read about it (and a few other 'miracle' supplements) they seem to have a quicker more profound affect for girls. Im a guy and id like to hear from any guys who have had results with this and also what doasage i should take.

And (i just remembered) im on the antibiotic minocycline so will i need to stop using that to see results from DIM and/ or will the DIM stop the absorbtion of the mino.

Mino has helped a fair bit and has kept my acne at a manageable level for a few months now so i really dont wanna have to stop the mino till i find something else that works.

Hi there,

Just wanted to post my story.

I'm a 26-year-old female. I've been battling with acne since age 13, so half my life. Blackheads, whiteheads, cysts. I have tried EVERYTHING a dermatologist could possibly put me on except Accutane. You name it, I've been on it. I just haven't been ok with the possible permanent side effects of Accutane.

The only time my acne ever cleared up (and it has never REALLY cleared up) was when I was on a combo of antibiotics and Yasmin.

After about 5 years of different antibiotics, I had to get off them because I was getting sick constantly and the colds would usually turn into strep throat or some other upper resporatory infection. Also, I had basically run out of antibiotics to try. (When one stops working, they put you on another.)

I had to quit taking birth control because I had stroke symptoms one day. I lost vision in my left eye and then lost all feeling in the left side of my face, shoulder, neck and arm. So no more BC. I got a non-hormonal IUD instead. A few days after I got off the BC my face, chest, and back started to break out badly. Its been about a year and my chest and back have pretty much calmed down on their own, but my face is still a mess. I mostly get cysts on my lower jaw and chin, but I also have blackheads on my nose and whiteheads on my cheeks.

We then concluded that my acne was being caused by hormones. The doc put me on a combo of Spiro and Differin gel. The Spiro seemed to be working, but I had to go off that after 2 months because it made me menstruate the entire time I was on it. I'm not kidding - the entire 2 months, full-on period. I stayed on the gel, but I have been breaking out consistantly and horribly ever since. He then added Aczone to the regimen about 3 weeks ago and I have been breaking out even worse.

They say this stuff needs to help your skin 'purge' but geez! Hasn't it been enough time already?

So I stumbled across this thread about DIM and took my first pill today. I found Nature's Way DIM-plus very easily in my local health food store for $16.99.

I plan on still using both the Differin and Aczone while I take DIM.

I'll keep up on my results and let you know how the 'ole adult acne is.

xoxo

DIM is 95% not working longtime!!! male and female!!!

Do test other things, like Broccoli-Extract ... , there are more chances for success

There are seriously too many things to try. I'll pass on this one I guess.

Isn't that the truth! Like trying to find a needle in a haystack, and of course the needle being the cure to your acne. :S :(

For guys, this won't lower testosterone or give us estrogen that we don't want right? For instance, will it lower my strength in the gym? I'm sure this has been asked already, but they're are 63 pages in this thread and ther'es no way I'm reading through all that to find an answer.

For guys, this won't lower testosterone or give us estrogen that we don't want right? For instance, will it lower my strength in the gym? I'm sure this has been asked already, but they're are 63 pages in this thread and ther'es no way I'm reading through all that to find an answer.

Try this much better thread: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/science-D...ge-t189051.html

Just so everyone knows, DIMM was only found to be effective about 4-6 weeks. It stopped working as fast as it started working.

Other successful treatments since this thread: HCl supplementation, the paleo diet. Check those out.

hi just been reading this and am stunnned

it does make perfect sense to how it works

i often feel my acne is hormonal as it comes up deep from inside i guess

im a 18yr old boy who has had acne for a few years now been on many types of antibiotics

currently on tetralsal300

i recently have been taking 50mgs of zinc a day, and also been using UT THERAPY which i believe has helped to heal active acne faster but only been doing it for two weeks

a few questions i have is

is there a break out period ? or does it just stop the acne there and then and just reduce.

also as it flushes out the bad hormones, would that affect my UT therapy as its probably coming out in my urine, as im using UT TOPICALLY i feel it wouldnt affect it too much , but what are your views?x

hi just been reading this and am stunnned

it does make perfect sense to how it works

i often feel my acne is hormonal as it comes up deep from inside i guess

im a 18yr old boy who has had acne for a few years now been on many types of antibiotics

currently on tetralsal300

i recently have been taking 50mgs of zinc a day, and also been using UT THERAPY which i believe has helped to heal active acne faster but only been doing it for two weeks

a few questions i have is

is there a break out period ? or does it just stop the acne there and then and just reduce.

also as it flushes out the bad hormones, would that affect my UT therapy as its probably coming out in my urine, as im using UT TOPICALLY i feel it wouldnt affect it too much , but what are your views?x