Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

For those that are going to GNC, Vitamin Shoppe, etc: Please post if you've had success in finding it in stores!

How much is shipping and handling? it cant be too bad, in any case less than it takes to ship dan's heavy stuff!

i remain super skeptical on this, ive gotten my hopes up before and have bee let down greatly time and time again so im not going to get to happy. less then a week seems like to short of a time to clear your entire face

yeah, the less than a week thing is probably for people with acne that is more on the mild side but in time it could work...

well im going to try it (i hope).

meanwhile, i am unsure whether to continue with dan's regimen; its been nearly 2 months and im not so excited... people say it kicks in after the 2nd month, what do you all think? should i stick with it for 4 more weeks? (also ive just ordered 16 oz (b4 i was thinking about quitting) and i dont want to waste it)...

You will notice that your pores have stopped making acne within 7 days. It will taking another one or two weeks for your face to heal all the pre-existing spots (Scabs, old lumps, etc).

Its strange how anti-androgens just stop the sebum production. Its like clicking the "off" switch.

DeAntonio - as long as you are ordering the DIM on that website, then that should be fine. The DIM product on that website says, "Twice as strong as I3C" so obviously its not I3C.

It looks like you are ordering the right product!

I realize I linked you to the list of all the products instead of the direct link, sorry

which DIM brand are you taking, though ?

Mech -- that post was about I3C, not DIM. I3C is another separate supplement that is a version of DIM, but NOT DIM.

DIM (opposite of I3C) is KNOWN for its long shelf life and does not have any known negative effects.

ahhh, gotcha.

And GNC does NOT carry DIM.

Geez, this sounds like the new vitamin B5?!

Okay, I've just read this whole thread and have a few questions:

How long do you take DIM for?

Besides online, where can you buy DIM?

What side effects, if any, have you experienced?

Are you taking any other supplements with DIM?

Do you need to take anything else with DIM?

Thanks in advance for any replies ;)

Here is link to another forum where a group of women are discussing DIM for the use of Estrogen Dominance (dated 2006). Many of them mention that it completely clears their acne. It's 25 pages worth of reading and much praise to DIM. I read the whole thing as I love hearing others opinions and experiences with it.

http://skincarerx.com/phorum/read.php?3,18273,page=1

P.S. I haven't wanted to say anything so as not to jinx myself, but this stuff is really working for me too! Maybe I can actually enjoy summer this year without hiding behind makeup and avoiding swimming pools.

I was thinking how I could show you guys before/ after pics and remembered I do in fact have some before pics on my girlfriend's myspace. I still need pics of me now but the one with me kissing her is pretty much what my skin is looking like now minus the few blemishes on the side. Unfortunately you can't really tell how severe the acne was cause my face is really damn red. Most of my acne never came to a head so it was just tons of little red bumbs and big ones that hid well under a sunburn. Also, My face wasn't as bad there as I was on my strict diet then...which I've been on up until a few days ago.

Also, if you click my myspace (I commented her pictures so you can find me there with the name "shifty capone") you can see what I looked like early junior year in highschool, that's what my current state is right now with mild barely noticeable scarring thanks to the fraxel lasers I got last year :)

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?...iendID=12372059

PS. don't message her or I'll have to explain why I'm giving people her myspace URL...lol

So I ordered

http://www.vitacost.com/Natures-Way-DIM-Pl...la-120-Capsules

and

http://youngagain.com/store/cart.php?m=pro...detail&p=51

Im gonna take 2 of the Natures Way a day and 1 of the youngagain

I'll keep everyone posted :cool:

Im awaiting the Youngagain one to arrive, just wondering why you are going to take both? Arent the youngagain ones good enough just on there own?

So I ordered

http://www.vitacost.com/Natures-Way-DIM-Pl...la-120-Capsules

and

http://youngagain.com/store/cart.php?m=pro...detail&p=51

Im gonna take 2 of the Natures Way a day and 1 of the youngagain

I'll keep everyone posted :cool:

Im awaiting the Youngagain one to arrive, just wondering why you are going to take both? Arent the youngagain ones good enough just on there own?

I was thinking they should be but the other ones have a Cruciferous blend, not much DIM though..... I dont know, I was actually just thinking of canceling the vitacost order and just going with the youngagain, those seem like the best... I mean pure 200MG DIM should be good I'd think and maybe take 2 a day

I was thinking how I could show you guys before/ after pics and remembered I do in fact have some before pics on my girlfriend's myspace. I still need pics of me now but the one with me kissing her is pretty much what my skin is looking like now minus the few blemishes on the side. Unfortunately you can't really tell how severe the acne was cause my face is really damn red. Most of my acne never came to a head so it was just tons of little red bumbs and big ones that hid well under a sunburn. Also, My face wasn't as bad there as I was on my strict diet then...which I've been on up until a few days ago.

Also, if you click my myspace (I commented her pictures so you can find me there with the name "shifty capone") you can see what I looked like early junior year in highschool, that's what my current state is right now with mild barely noticeable scarring thanks to the fraxel lasers I got last year :)

PS. don't message her or I'll have to explain why I'm giving people her myspace URL...lol

She set her pictures to private :ninja:

Has anyone drank any alcohol whilst they have been taking DIM? As alcohol usually breaks me out, would be interesting to know if anyone hasnt broken out from drinking alcohol whilst taking DIM?

Hey everyone,

Looks like this thread has recieved a lot of attention. I can't wait for people to post their results! If this works for guys I just might buy some.

She set her pictures to private :ninja:

Oops, sorry. I'll add it to mine then. the red faced one was taken last june or july and it's hard to see the nodules/blackheads with the sunburn. the one with my profile was from august ish. That is the mildest my acne's been since that time, for some reason after that it just exploded. At least there the parts of my face without pimples looked good but then bumps and blackheads took over. Right now I wish I could show you...I'll try to get my g/f camera. The closest I can compare it to is the old ones from my junior year, it's really at that point right now with a few fading red marks and mild scares.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?...0&albumId=0

The pages aren't really too long to skim through. I would just read this thread, as it answers most, if not all of your questions.

In short though, no one has mentioned where they were able to purchase it outside of online resources. No reported side effects, it's just a supplement, not a medicine. People seem to be taking some kind of vegetable supplement. Valo I believe was taking Taurine for some reason. I'd imagine you take DIM whenever and for as long as you want.

The pages aren't really too long to skim through. I would just read this thread, as it answers most, if not all of your questions.

In short though, no one has mentioned where they were able to purchase it outside of online resources. No reported side effects, it's just a supplement, not a medicine. People seem to be taking some kind of vegetable supplement. Valo I believe was taking Taurine for some reason. I'd imagine you take DIM whenever and for as long as you want.

Thanks Mech,

I asked about side effects because B5 is a vitamin but taken in large doses can cause headaches, stomach upset, diarrhea. I guess you guys aren't megadosing on DIM though, huh?

WBAFx

Hello people,

I'm a guy and I have been using this product for about 5 days now and the results are truly too good to believe. I am very skeptical and don't want to get everyone's hopes up, but the mirror speaks for itself every day. I went from regular but lessened breakouts with probiotics and diet, to taking DIM and having virtually zero active acne and everything is fading fast. My blackheads and being pushed out more and more each day. I hope I'm not jinxing anything, but it's really incredible after 10 years of having to deal with acne. I always felt like my hormones were off, or not normal, and now my mood is much better overall. I'm using Nature's Way DIM-plus (it has Vitamin E 9 IU, 100mg DIM complex and 100mg Protectamins). I take two capsules twice a day, as is directed for males. Just getting the results out there that it does appear to work for males as well as females.

Aren't there about 5 people trying out DIM right now? And everyone who has tried it said they were clear?

yeah but it's been a few weeks am I right? if the good results stay for more than one month it means it can prevent them long term. Just bcause it's clearing you up for a couple of weeks doesn't mean it's going to keep you clear for the rest of your life. But I'm optimistic about DIM