Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I think that some have stopped taking it while others have left because their skin has cleared. As I go back through the several pages that this thread has become I can see several people that report incredibly clear skin and then kind of disappear, not leaving any more posts.

I would assume that people who experience good clearing and then get more acne would come back to tell everyone that, but many people haven't.

I think that some have stopped taking it while others have left because their skin has cleared. As I go back through the several pages that this thread has become I can see several people that report incredibly clear skin and then kind of disappear, not leaving any more posts.

I would assume that people who experience good clearing and then get more acne would come back to tell everyone that, but many people haven't.

I was wondering this to, im still unsure of wether to try it. What are the signs of estrogen dominance?

As someone who followed this thread closely, and tried DIM myself, I have to say that for almost everyone it either:

a. doesn't work at all

or

b. stops working rather quickly

I was wondering this to, im still unsure of wether to try it. What are the signs of estrogen dominance?

There are quite a few signs. I would say your best bet to finding out what they are specifically is going back through the first pages of this thread and also googling it to find out signs of estrogen dominance and maybe even medical journal reports about it.

Good luck!

Just letting you all know that DIM did clear ppl up initially, but the effects didn't last very long --- at least for ppl who were using it to help their insulin insensivity (I dont know about ppl who had estrogen problems).

Just to let you know my experience with DIM so far..

Ordered it online, paid around $32 all up (shipping etc, I live in Australia) and waited the 10 days for it to arrive. Started taking it around 3 weeks ago.. only thing i definately did notice was that my sebum production went down - to the point of my skin being too dry (cos i use a foundation that is oil-absorbing) but apparently my acne is not caused by over-production of sebum, so much, cos my acne maintained at the same severity (which is mild-moderate) and got worse around my period.. and my period pain was the worst i've ever had. however, my general moodiness etc has been fine (if not better than normal).. so.. umm. go figure?! lol i dunno.. but don't think I'll be ordering a second bottle.

I've been on DIM for 3 months and my skin is still good - take 2 DIM a day plus Vit A and zinc and spearmint tea plus ive lost a stone - but thats not soley because of the DIM as i came of Dianette , still get vivid dreams though

Can anyone who has tried DIM say (with confidence) that they have had LASTING results? One girl spoke about her blackheads coming out on their own while on DIM....that sounds good to me lol

Edit: Actually, it was a guy on page 2

Im on DIM since like 2 weeks and honestly I don't feel any change but better sleep nights. I'm post accutane for like 8 Months and now I get a few whiteheads but I'm like 90% sure it's because of my living habits right now. Since vacation I've been gaming like all day long and sleeping and 3am everyday LoL. Must stop this... >.<

Can anyone who has tried DIM say (with confidence) that they have had LASTING results? One girl spoke about her blackheads coming out on their own while on DIM....that sounds good to me lol

I had great results (it cut my oil production down like 75%), but it only lasted for about a week. I'm curious as to why the effects would just wear off like that??

I had great results (it cut my oil production down like 75%), but it only lasted for about a week. I'm curious as to why the effects would just wear off like that??

Thats a damn shame. It was like a little tease from sort of higher power...can clear skin be as simple as DIM? yes! yes! awww.... lolol wow gotta lay off the ganja.

Well I guess DIM is out of the question. I just started taking omega-3 and milk thistle with progress improvement everyday for 3 days. PM me if you want some info, or do a search :)

Just ordered from amazon

My skin is cleared now...but i still want to try it for blackheads

I just started posting here two days ago. I am experimenting with DIM and I see you have been using this. How is it working out for you? I am starting a journal about my experience wth DIM since I saw some people had good results that continue to work out for them.

DAY 1: immediate mood change. one white head literally came off. it made my nose itch so I brushed it off and noticed that it was a whitehead. I also started 2 tsp daily ACV.

DAY2: my skin looked less red in my usual areas where acne develops. old wounds where I had busted some pimples looked like it was healing well. more whiteheads are falling out. I picked up some taurine to supplement or enhance the action of DIM. another blogger had mentioned this helped prevent the effects of DIM from wearing off after 2 weeks of DIM alone. I also take half a tablet of VitB-50complex.

DAY 3: the tone of my skin is more evened out. blackheads are falling out on the sides of my nose where they have always been the most difficult to remove. i felt like those pores got a new breath of fresh air! it felt good. :razz:

I ate 3-4 bottles of the stuff (various brands, though the Nature's Way seemed to be the best one), it made my skin more smooth (especially on the nose). But as far as inflammation and spots go-- no effect really.

I would like to share with all of you my experience so far with DIM.

After having severe acne for the past three years of my life, and going through two series of Accutane, I decided I had had enough. Accutane cleared my skin up for the time being, but after the end of each series, my acne returned. Throughout the past three years, I have been taking Yasmin Birth Control.

I came to the conclusion about two weeks ago that Yasmin was responsible for blowing up my acne. The high levels of estrogen in Yasmin, paired with the high levels of estrogen in our everyday lives, caused for an estrogen-dominance to take place in my body. I beleive that this is more common than we think. I was diagnosed with PCOS (Polycystic ovaries) and also have been experiencing hair loss like no other.

I have been off of Yasmin for about two weeks, and have been taking DIM instead. What a difference. My acne is clearing up rapidly; I feel less anxious, less bloated and have far fewer food cravings. I feel like a different person. The best aspect of quitting Yasmin and switching to DIM is the clear improvement in my skin. It looks great.

I would recommend DIM to anyone who has tried Accutane without success, or anyone who cannot seem to find a cure for their acne. Go and get your hormones tested; your doctor will be able to evaluate your levels and determine whether or not your hormones are responsible for you acne. I did not do this, but I could have. If you go to google.com and type in estrogen dominance, it is interesting to read what comes up. I hope DIM (and removing Yasmin) will help any of you who struggle with hormonal acne. It's worth a try!

I'm only on day two of this and havn't completely read this thread. I wish there were some updates.

I am taking the Nature's Way DIM - plus which I purchased locally at a vitamin shop for 13.99.

I took two tablets yesterday and noticed quite a mood change. Felt very relaxed. Very odd for a first time dosage. I was not expecting this and have read that some people notice an overall good mood with this supplement. I fell asleep quickly last night even after drinking coffee mid afternoon. Very odd for me.

Skin feels less oily today. Normally after a few hours post showering, the forehead feels quite oily. Today, only slightly oily or considerable less oily. One temple area blemish dried up overnight which had been lingering for about a week. Cool.

I might add, I am taking this for things other than acne also and ran across this thread while doing some research.

I am amazed at what this pill can do.

I would recommend DIM to anyone who has tried Accutane without success, or anyone who cannot seem to find a cure for their acne. Go and get your hormones tested; your doctor will be able to evaluate your levels and determine whether or not your hormones are responsible for you acne. I did not do this, but I could have. If you go to google.com and type in estrogen dominance, it is interesting to read what comes up. I hope DIM (and removing Yasmin) will help any of you who struggle with hormonal acne. It's worth a try!

I would recommend it to people whose acne coincides with their menstrual cycle. And if so, you should look into lifestyle and nutrient recommendations for estrogen dominance and adrenal fatigue. drlam.com is a good source.

And chances are your tests will say you are 'normal.' Doesn't mean you shouldn't try the tests, you might have a severe imbalance. But most of us don't. And if doctors could just do a test and know all about your hormones, they wouldn't be prescribing BCPs by trial and error. It takes a lot of tests at different times.

Hi, for some reason, I cannot read past the first page of really long threads... every time I hit the arrow or page number button, the same page, page #1 shows up. Does anyone know why this is happening?? It is happening with this thread and others that are long.

Anyways, as for the DIM, I just started taking it, only on day 3, but I have a question: Am I supposed to take 2 capsules at once with food, or 1 at 2x a day at separate times... The first day I took 2 at the same time, and yesterday I took them apart. I broke out in a horrible cyst on my chin. I don't know what I think of this stuff yet, but I will try it for the next two weeks to see where it goes.

I'm sorry if this question has been asked or answered but for whatever reason I don't think my browser is allowing me to read the entire thread. Thank you!