Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is it possible to use Vitamin B5 together with DIM?

I'm quite sure that B5 will help me alot better. Even though it wears off after 1,5 years.

I jumped on the DIM train after reading this post, but after two weeks I decided I wasn't comfortable using a product with little research. I'm not saying it is not safe, but I just made a personal choice. I saw little results and thus moved on.

I think I'm not going to jump aboard solely because there is little research about this. I mean, you might not see any effects now, but what about 10 or 30 years from now? Who knows?

And I'm scared of hairloss. My hair is thin as it is.

Agreed. I'm about 90% clear right now and was hoping DIM would take care of the remainder.

Didn't mean to start scaring people with the hairloss and manboobs thing. I stopped taking DIM yesterday, and will let everyone know if the hairs on my pillowcase when I wake up in the morning stop appearing.

My DIM - hairloss/manboobs connection could just be a placebo effect as well. Everyone is different.

I jumped on the DIM train after reading this post, but after two weeks I decided I wasn't comfortable using a product with little research. I'm not saying it is not safe, but I just made a personal choice. I saw little results and thus moved on.

I think I'm not going to jump aboard solely because there is little research about this. I mean, you might not see any effects now, but what about 10 or 30 years from now? Who knows?

Agreed. I'm about 90% clear right now and was hoping DIM would take care of the remainder.

Didn't mean to start scaring people with the hairloss and manboobs thing. I stopped taking DIM yesterday, and will let everyone know if the hairs on my pillowcase when I wake up in the morning stop appearing.

My DIM - hairloss/manboobs connection could just be a placebo effect as well. Everyone is different.

Thanks for your update, do you think the hairloss could be due to seasonal change? Or maybe you recently tried a new shampoo?

Thanks for your update, do you think the hairloss could be due to seasonal change? Or maybe you recently tried a new shampoo?

I don't think so. Spring just started and I've never shed like a dog because of seasonal changes. I do have longer hair for a guy though.

I don't even use shampoo so i don't think that's it either. Just use a fragrance free natural soap with no SLS (from Carlys) on my body and hair as well. Love it. :razz: I've been using that for 5 months.

Hey wasn't there mention on the thread a while back that after 2 weeks or so DIM starts to not work? And there was a method like cycling DIM to get the effects back? Does anyone know what i'm talking about? :)

DIM seems to be working for me... for people whose skin is drying up use some moisturizer... if its still too dry take less DIM... 100mg should be enough for males and females, maybe 200mg for males even.

Also what about this thread? ---> Anti-Androgens Stop Working after 1.5 yrs

So these questions are for the long-time DIM users... does it stop working after a while? Did you need to increase dosage at some point? Or cycle the use of DIM? Thanks I just wanna prevent any possible acne problems in the future from DIM suddenly stopping to work :)

I was wondering, i wanted to try drinking some green tea because I've heard great things about it, but do I need to stop taking DIM or can I just do both?

IF ANYONE READING THIS HAS HEAVILY DIET INFLUENCED ACNE,

you should try using dim ;D

ive gone from having acne between mild and cystic, to being almost acne free,

all from just taking one dim (100mg of dim) tablet a day.

i used to break out from the sugar in apples,

but now ive eaten gummy bears and chocolate covered coffee beans, and no new spots besides one or two itty bitty little whiteheads.

heres to hoping it continues ;)

this diet thing is killing me, im on spring break now and i cant NOT go into the kitchen....

is popcorn bad? urgh. i dont know what to eat! (and i eat permanently, it keeps me from getting bored while i do homework or watch tv - i know, bad habit)

can anyone suggest any non-disgusting long-lasting face-friendly options?

do apples and carrots have too much sugar?

p.s. i have noticed that my skin isnt happy being oily, although dan says to wash only twice a day or even less, i break out slightly and have even more aggravated skin, i think ill just stick to washing with water like 3-4 times a day, and maybe lathering on castor oil in between.

p.p.s. im only taking 1 capsule of natures way, 12.5mg i guess, it keeps me balanced but doesnt do much for my acne; i went without it for 1 night and 1 morning and already in the afternoon i noticed my mind wandering and being teenager-y and i couldnt concentrate. i hate that feeling, im so glad its gone now, so just one a night every day keeps that in check.

Also ive noticed a WONDERFUL change in my sleep habits, i can fall asleep EASILY, EASILY, EASILY. this hasnt happened since.....before puberty.

im thinking of upping my dose of taurine from 2000 to 3000 mg (3 grams) and seeing how i goes.

er...also, i found some mystery solution that i was prescribed years ago (obviously when i was in a diff country) and i remember it helping so ive tried it. i hope it hasnt expired.

im thinking of doing a liver cleanse soon. ive got the magnesium sulfate and some other stuff....

i wish people would read my posts :)

"Is it possible to use Vitamin B5 together with DIM?

I'm quite sure that B5 will help me alot better. Even though it wears off after 1,5 years."

I read some where on here that people have been taking Vitamin B5 for over several years and it is still as effective for them as it ever was.

Ive been on it for a week and no breakouts, no oil, clogged pores appear to be going but cant really tell yet. Before I was clear on low carb paleo diet, but broke it and broke out. On DIM diet doesnt affect me as badly, but if you go overboard on junk you will have issues no matter how many supplements and good food you try to take. Diet fixes the cause in the long term, DIM speeds up the initial progress, but I wouldnt rely on it. Id definitely recommend everyone try it, youll know in a couple of weeks. 2-3 nature's way a day + taurine. female 23

Speedofsloth - what brand are you taking, and how long have you been taking it? Also are you taking any other supplements like taurine or anything? Have you changed your diet at all? Thank you.

im also taking doxycycline, could this be interfering with dim? im getting lazy with it though, i need to take it 2 hours after or before my other supps so its a drag and i usually forget or take it too late in the day.

I have one question for the original poster, have you tried it before? When I first read this and I thought ok... informative... like an advertisement, but wheres the feedback, wheres the self-experience, have you even tried this before? Yes, catchy thread title, BUT, this is just ALL HYPE, only reason so many views and posts is that people see something like "Acne gone in 1 week" they tend to be excited because they are desperate to get clear. So to the poster, YOU TAKE IT FIRST if it's so good, then tell us if you are "Clear in 1-2 Weeks." gg

P.S(Not trying to attack you but yeah... No Offense)

Day 18 or something

I think the effects of the dim are dweening =(

I am slightly more oily and my pores which shrunk a lot have become noticably bigger

Oh how I was hoping it wouldnt come to this

^ Seriously? :cry:

Well it´s probably too early to tell. But I'm on a candida diet and I think I'm having a die off effect. I feel like shit, always tired, super depressed and can't sleep.

It might be that rather then the DIM, but let's give it a week and see what happens.

I noticed the same thing. I was clear for 3 weeks (perfectly clear)... and then it seemed to wear off. I doubled my dose (2 pills in the morning and 2 in the evening) and my skin became pretty clear again within 1-2 days).

However, after doing weeks of research, I think DIM is going to wear off like every other anti-androgen out there: Diane-35, Yasmine (both pharmaceutical anti-androgen acne pills which wear off)...B5, DIM, and others we've tried.

DIM was a weaker anti-androgen, so its not surprising that it wore off more quickly than some of the stronger ones.

After reading several medical websites, anti-androgens only suppress the symptoms of insulin insensivity... which cause acne. Thats why it is important that we find how to RE-Sensitize our bodies to insulin. ----> Taking fiber at every meal has been proven to help resensitize our bodies to insulin... and taking cinnamon throughout the day is now being sold on the market to help reduce insulin spikes.