Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

WEEK 3 for me and I am acne free! Last week is when I really started to tell a difference! I was taking the natures way but switched to the source naturals I prefer it. I take 2 100mg in the morning and two at night when I was taking the natures way smaller amount I was just not seeing the dramatic changes like with the higher dosage of the source naturals. I really started to see a decrease in my oil production as well! I pray :pray: these results continue I know Im the poster child for estrogen dominance so I really hope this is it for me. I will proberly in a month start to lower my dosage to see how I do. I will keep you guys posted to see if the results last! Good Luck.

Wow I havent been here for quite a while... 50 pages in a month, this stuff has to be special to do that.

Anyway I dont have the time to go through all of it, so does DIM actually worj for most people here? Roughly what's the percentage of people here who have gotten great results from it?

Does anyone want my DIM (BioResponse 75mg) or CDG? I don't plan on using them, and they cost me a combined $50 so I hate to throw them in the trash. I'm happy to send them to you if you paypal me the shipping. PM me.

Hi everybody,

my story - I started with the Natures Way Caps two weeks ago. The first week with 3*2 caps and second one with 3*3 caps daily. So far without any apparent effect :(

I will start this week with 3*Source Naturals Tabs daily, but I'm never really belief in that.

I'm 29 years old male. Anybody an idee why it's doesn't work? :sick:

Greatings,

loler

woah woah woah man,

are you about to jump from taking roughly 90 miligrams of DM to 300?

id just stick it out longer with a dosage near 100mg (one source naturals a day).

so far its working great for me :)

Question for the guys on DIM: Anyone notice any negative side effects so far such as hairloss or worse, man-boobs?

I'm 28 6' 190lbs (athletic) and been taking Natures Way DIM 4 pills a day since late Feb. Had an IB for a couple days, quikly when away, and I think overall it's helped a little without overdrying. (was 90% clear before DIM)

But...I think my hair is thinning/falling out. I've been waking up and noticing lots of hairs on my pillow case. Also, I had surgery to get rid of my man-boobs 2 yrs ago and worried that the DIM my cause breast growth in some men. (I know, acne + manboobs = God hates me)

I DO NOT want the boobs returning! I've lowered my dosage to 2 pills a day and thinking about stopping all together.

Any thoughts on the DIM - manboobs correlation would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

just finished up my 60 capsules of nature's way DIM-Plus today. i took 2 capsules every morning and 2 at night with L-taurine and nothing happened.... zzz

@GoBills

I can't belief that is a effect of DIM, because it should increase the free testosteron. And testosteron should help to get more muscle and less fat. Manboobs are exactly the opposite of them, aren't?

For hairloss is usually the DHT responsible, as well not free testosteron.

@GoBills

I can't belief that is a effect of DIM, because it should increase the free testosteron. And testosteron should help to get more muscle and less fat. Manboobs are exactly the opposite of them, aren't?

For hairloss is usually the DHT responsible, as well not free testosteron.

Thanks loler. That's what I believed as well. Now I'm confused.

I'm singling out the DIM because that's the only thing I've added to my routine since I've noticed the hairloss and possible fatty chest.

Hey wasn't there mention on the thread a while back that after 2 weeks or so DIM starts to not work? And there was a method like cycling DIM to get the effects back? Does anyone know what i'm talking about? :)

DIM seems to be working for me... for people whose skin is drying up use some moisturizer... if its still too dry take less DIM... 100mg should be enough for males and females, maybe 200mg for males even.

Are you able to go to the doctor and get some tests done Bills?

I just moved to a new city a couple months ago. I'll have to get a new doctor soon I guess. What kind of test would you get? A hormones test?

I jumped on the DIM train after reading this post, but after two weeks I decided I wasn't comfortable using a product with little research. I'm not saying it is not safe, but I just made a personal choice. I saw little results and thus moved on.

I have been taking 200mg to 300mg of DIM per day for one month. My acne is TERRIBLE. My oily skin seems to be clearing up, but no noticeable difference in acne. We shall see how things go. I have very very very VERY bad acne. It may take some time.

I will note that for the first time in almost 20 years, my period snuck up on me. That was shocking. No cramps, no PMS, nothing.

I jumped on the DIM train after reading this post, but after two weeks I decided I wasn't comfortable using a product with little research. I'm not saying it is not safe, but I just made a personal choice. I saw little results and thus moved on.

I think I'm not going to jump aboard solely because there is little research about this. I mean, you might not see any effects now, but what about 10 or 30 years from now? Who knows?

And I'm scared of hairloss. My hair is thin as it is.

p_b, if your condition is very bad, it may take some time to clear up. it is a good thing your skin is not oily anymore?

Am I hearing things? This DIM thing causes hairloss? I thought it was supposed to help hairloss! Its an anti-androgen right?