Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

day 9

My skin feels really weird. My skin reminds me of sandpaper. It feels like I have a billion tiny grains on my face. Here's what I think is happening. Either something bad like my face is getting clogged up real bad or all my previously clogged pores (which were ALOT) are coming out.

I'm hoping it's the latter since all my acne has been drying up and my skin feels generally good.

Did anyone experience this?

Maybe you should exfoliate, you could do it gently with some organic apple cider vinegar mixed with water ratio 1:1, you leave it on your face 15/20 minutes and then you scrub with your fingers, if your skin has already absorbed it you can add more acv just before exfoliate

I can't find DIM in stores in my country i am here in Asia and would like to try this supplement. Do you think online shops will ship this to the Philippines and another thing though i have no credit card. So there is no hope for me in trying this product. Another question, will DIM work for me since i think my ance is hereditary (got it from dad)? Or are there any alternatives for DIM? Thanks. Please i need help. I am already 25 years old and still with acne!!!!

I can't find DIM in stores in my country i am here in Asia and would like to try this supplement. Do you think online shops will ship this to the Philippines and another thing though i have no credit card. So there is no hope for me in trying this product. Another question, will DIM work for me since i think my ance is hereditary (got it from dad)? Or are there any alternatives for DIM? Thanks. Please i need help. I am already 25 years old and still with acne!!!!

Hi, you can try to find it on ebay and pay with cheque or bank wire, I have not tried dim yet because my order is on is way, but the first thing you can against acne is follow a low carb diet and only wah your face with water, everybody is different but with only this you can be 90/100% acne free.

I've been taking Nature's Way - 2 capsules per day for about 5 days and it has been looking better. Looks like I might have some clogged pores clearing out along my hair line, but I have noticed a lack of larger, under the skin breakouts I get around my chin and lower jaw line.

I am also on Yaz birth control for the last 9months and just started using Everyday Minerals makeup which I also think helps

Have you noticed any negative side effects with taking DIM along with Birth Control?

It seems to be recomended to NOT taking DIM while on BC, but I have not found any evidence supporting this and no one seems to have a definite answer. I am not willing to get off the pill to try this, but the only evidence I have found is the possibility of a decrease of effectiveness in the pill (ie. possibily could get pregnant), if this is the ONLY concern with combining the two then I can make up for this in other ways.

But have you noticed any negative side effects? i.e. a danger in combining the two?

I've been taking Nature's Way - 2 capsules per day for about 5 days and it has been looking better. Looks like I might have some clogged pores clearing out along my hair line, but I have noticed a lack of larger, under the skin breakouts I get around my chin and lower jaw line.

I am also on Yaz birth control for the last 9months and just started using Everyday Minerals makeup which I also think helps

Have you noticed any negative side effects with taking DIM along with Birth Control?

It seems to be recomended to NOT taking DIM while on BC, but I have not found any evidence supporting this and no one seems to have a definite answer. I am not willing to get off the pill to try this, but the only evidence I have found is the possibility of a decrease of effectiveness in the pill (ie. possibily could get pregnant), if this is the ONLY concern with combining the two then I can make up for this in other ways.

But have you noticed any negative side effects? i.e. a danger in combining the two?

No, I haven't noticed anything. Today is my first week in with DIM. I plan on finishing this bottle of DIM and see what happens when I don't take it. I am not currently "active", so I haven't worried about that, but would take other precautions into consideration.

No, I haven't noticed anything. Today is my first week in with DIM. I plan on finishing this bottle of DIM and see what happens when I don't take it. I am not currently "active", so I haven't worried about that, but would take other precautions into consideration.

Thank you, this is good to know. :clap: Please keep us posted if you do experience any side effects while taking both BCP and DIM.

Day 11:

The grainy sandpaperish feel my skin had has reduced immensly. It was my pores unclogging. I have noticably less clogged pores today and all in all my skin has improved immensly over the last 11 days.

I'm also still totally oil free and the effects dont look like they're dweening.

Day 11:

The grainy sandpaperish feel my skin had has reduced immensly. It was my pores unclogging. I have noticably less clogged pores today and all in all my skin has improved immensly over the last 11 days.

I'm also still totally oil free and the effects dont look like they're dweening.

Thanks for your update you make my day, no change on your hairs?

Day 11:

Thanks for your update you make my day, no change on your hairs?

My hair is fine. I seem to be growing more hair if anything. I'm noticably more hairy on my stomach, chest and legs.

Updated my blog with new pics. I've noticed improvement this week. I decreased the amount of DIM and increased the amount of Taurine. I've also added and apple cider vinegar treatment. If you want to know the details read my blog.

I just bought this today and started taking it! I think there's a lot of evidence that acne is related to a relative imbalance of hormone levels, or their fluctuation that causes this imbalance...just look at what PMS or the onset of puberty (both times, the hormone levels are changing or fluctuating like crazy) does to our faces! I've read that DIM works by balancing the level of estrogen IN RELATION to progesterone. Estrogen dominance does not mean that you have more estrogen than androgens but that you have too much estrogen compared to how much progesterone you have. Yes, a change in your estrogen levels will effect a change also in your free testosterone levels, and although we don't exactly understand the mechanism of change, it seems to be a beneficial change...

I think it is not as significant HOW MUCH testosterone you have roaming about in your body, as it is how your body reacts to it...what it can bind to, and cause results. Unless your skin reacts to the testosterone in your body, your sebum levels will not be increased and acne will not result...so if you can block testosterone's effect on sebum production, it CAN'T cause acne. This is just a guess, but I'd think it would be safer to have more "free" testosterone frolicking about your circulatory system than to have it binding to sites such as your sebaceous glands and causing them to pour out sebum like crazy, so that's my guess on why DIM is so effective although it does increase the amount of circulating free testosterone in the body. I have read about a topical anti-androgen that blocks the effect of testosterone on your sebaceous glands...licorice root extract, particularly the licochalcone that is in it. I think it was a Japanese research study that revealed this....oil levels were reduced by that and other extracts like clove extract - there were others. Some acne medications by Murad and other manufacturers contain licorice root extract. I bought some at the health food store and I'm going to try to apply it to my face and see what that does...it doesn't contain alcohol or oils but it does contain emulsifiers or something so I hope THEY don't irritate my skin or negate its effects. If it works, I'll tell you all. My face is an extreme oil factory...oily even minutes after I wash it...anything to deal with this oil is WONDERFUL.

Thank you, this is good to know. :clap: Please keep us posted if you do experience any side effects while taking both BCP and DIM.

I am a little wary now doing some research and I think I may wait until I have my check up with my family doc and/or my OB GYN to see about things with this. Like I said, I had no side effects and the only change I saw was a better face, and that may have something to do with the make up change.

Day 12:

Face looks great. Perfectly balanced, not oily at all. Blocked pores are coming out nicely and so are the blackheads that have been on my face for months.

Redmarks fading and remaining acne drying up.

Also along with my anti candida diet it has cleared up my SD. I haven't seen a sign of it for a week now and that has never happened in all the 4 years I've had SEVERE SD.

I envy you people because you can buy DIM and there's a chance for you to get clear skin. :(

where do you live? i can probably help you out if you cover the shipping costs and stuff.

I think some people on this thread are being overly cautious. I am a 25 year old male who has been taking DIM for just over a month with spectacular results. I wouldn't be afraid to take this if I was a teenager and I have noticed zero side effects. I take two capsules twice daily of Natures Way DIM-plus with food and plenty of water. The only people who should not take DIM are women who are pregnant or lactating, all other sufferers of acne should at least give this a try. Oh yeah if you can't order online or dont want to wait go to any place that sells vitamins, supplements, or health foods and they most likely will carry DIM.

Hi everybody,

my story - I started with the Natures Way Caps two weeks ago. The first week with 3*2 caps and second one with 3*3 caps daily. So far without any apparent effect :(

I will start this week with 3*Source Naturals Tabs daily, but I'm never really belief in that.

I'm 29 years old male. Anybody an idee why it's doesn't work? :sick:

Greatings,

loler

Hi everybody,

my story - I started with the Natures Way Caps two weeks ago. The first week with 3*2 caps and second one with 3*3 caps daily. So far without any apparent effect :(

I will start this week with 3*Source Naturals Tabs daily, but I'm never really belief in that.

I'm 29 years old male. Anybody an idee why it's doesn't work? :sick:

Greatings,

loler

I've heard that men can take up to 200mg, women to 100mg, and bodybuilders up to 400mg ---> but I think a ballpark for everyone should be about 100mg. This was from a bodybuilding article.

I'm one of the fortunate ones for which this seems to be working. I'm off the bp regimen, just on DIM so maybe hormones was the problem for me. I'm a male, 22, ectomorph.

With the Source Naturals Tabs I should be about 300 mg DIM daily. Right now I take 210-220 mg with the Natural Way Caps. I think it must be high enough to notice any effects...