Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Does anyone know if DIM is available in the UK? Also, I've heard that The Republic of Tea doa fantastic 'Get Gorgeous' acne-clearing tea. Are there any U.K. suppliers for this too? These both sound like products that have had great results and I'd loved to use them; I just hope they're not only available in America!!

I've been taking Nature's Way - 2 capsules per day for about 5 days and it has been looking better. Looks like I might have some clogged pores clearing out along my hair line, but I have noticed a lack of larger, under the skin breakouts I get around my chin and lower jaw line.

I am also on Yaz birth control for the last 9months and just started using Everyday Minerals makeup which I also think helps

the dosage is not much

take 3x1 capsule/day, maybe 3x2 capsule/day

No thanks, I am happy with it so far... and since I am seeing results, that sort of blow this overdosing out of the water for me.

Could DIM cause or prevent hair loss?

It could prevent it.

I was confuse (and I'm still a little) about that because DIM raises the level of free testoterone, but I seen on some hairloss boards that people use it to prevent hair loss.

Sorry for my english I'm a mongoloid, no wait I mean I'm french.

I got Nature's Way Dim-Plus 120 capsules for 30 bucks. I got it at an artisan grocery store with a nutritional section about 3/4 the size of Whole Foods and I asked the man there about where to find it (he also helped and informed me greatly about the Master Cleanse back in late December) and knew a TON about DIM. It blew me away and he said he's researched quite a bit about it and had fantastic things to say. Anyways, I'll be taking 4 pills a day and each pill had 25mg of the dim and 1 of the 8 tocopherals along with other veggie substances. Can't wait to see what happens, even though my face is already 90% clear, excpet a nose full of blackheads.

Dim is definitely no pgx user blessthefall but it hasn't done me any harm. I said i would review the two products earlier in this thread so here is my conclusion

Dim 2.5 out of ten

pgx 9 out of ten

I ranked it this way because you can't eat cheat foods on dim and get away with it yet with pgx you simply can.

On pgx i still have about 5% redness in my face but acne has been definitely been reduced to zero.

So there you have it boys and girls. I am 100% certain that most of you won't believe me anyway because I don't have the same hyping up skill with words as the author but to be frank dim is virtually nothing on pgx in terms of its effectiveness against countering aids... sorry i meant accers, same thing.

I got Nature's Way Dim-Plus 120 capsules for 30 bucks. I got it at an artisan grocery store with a nutritional section about 3/4 the size of Whole Foods and I asked the man there about where to find it (he also helped and informed me greatly about the Master Cleanse back in late December) and knew a TON about DIM. It blew me away and he said he's researched quite a bit about it and had fantastic things to say. Anyways, I'll be taking 4 pills a day and each pill had 25mg of the dim and 1 of the 8 tocopherals along with other veggie substances. Can't wait to see what happens, even though my face is already 90% clear, excpet a nose full of blackheads.

Dim is definitely no pgx user blessthefall but it hasn't done me any harm. I said i would review the two products earlier in this thread so here is my conclusion

Dim 2.5 out of ten

pgx 9 out of ten

I ranked it this way because you can't eat cheat foods on dim and get away with it yet with pgx you simply can.

On pgx i still have about 5% redness in my face but acne has been definitely been reduced to zero.

So there you have it boys and girls. I am 100% certain that most of you won't believe me anyway because I don't have the same hyping up skill with words as the author but to be frank dim is virtually nothing on pgx in terms of its effectiveness against countering aids... sorry i meant accers, same thing.

Ah, still fantastic about pgx!

Dim 2.5 out of ten

pgx 9 out of ten

I don't understand why you'd come off of something that had you 100% clear to test something else but that's great that pgx is working for you. what's the difference between that and psylium husks?

Hey all, im down to about 10 or so whiteheads(pustules), but ive noticed more small, annoying things coming up around my lower temples, i think those calmed down with bp, perhaps i should treat those areas with bp, or perhaps it is because they are too dry (i sleep on my sides and wake up with totally dry skin on both cheeks)... speaking of which, i definitely fall asleep faster, like a regular person, usually within 15-20 minutes...before it would take up to an hour if not more. im sooo glad because im in high school with a nasty workload so i need all the sleep i can get.

i just have to say, about the stress thing, i dont stress about it. in the past year or so i have changed so much in terms of attitude, now i rarely get angry or stressed and only become upset when im having a serious argument with someone. so, instead of stressing about being less stressed, you have to take matters into your own hands and control your emotions, just remind yourself that it shouldn't affect you and you'll get through it. [how inspirational]

hmm less redness, but i have gone off bp and any cleansers (except sometimes i use the teeniest bit (in lather form) of dan's cleanser around my nose because that is usually the oiliest part. my forehead is gradually clearing, the runway down my forehead is still there, still clear, and my right cheek only has about 2 or 3 small cyst/pustules, which i am ECSTATIC about since my right cheek is starting to scar pretty badly...

Sie, spring break is coming soon so i will definitely go off the dim for a day or two to see what happens, i think ive become very balanced (still got cold feet and sore [....] though)

about all the pustules, they usually dry quickly and are gone within 2-3 days, my makeup usually dries them. and im not surprised or disappointed about them bc im SUPPOSED to be breaking out right now and im actually not that annoyed (even though i get like 2 new cysts a day) because it could be MUCH worse.

kay well if uve read this far i congratulate you! sorry for rambling.

What i am taking:

1000mg omega 369 x2

400 (?) IU vitamin E x1 (im taking this to improve complexion and to help with healing - any comments?)

75mg zinc x1

one capsule DIM x2

w/ 1000mg Taurine x2

AND doxycycline 200mg x2

OK, any suggestions???

I've also cut out dairy except for some butter, havent been successful in cutting out grains, but im trying, PASTA is OK btw! i have lots of spinach, broccoli and diff stuff that ill be preparing, i eat meat, but not much and not often. just had some catfish yesterday (fried in egg and a bit of soy sauce - it was AMAZING; with broccoli/carrot/tomato salad). i have canned tuna and salmon, i eat that too.

P.S. I REALLY DON'T BELIEVE IN THIS COMPLETE EXCLUSION DIET! I think that you can essentially eat some "bad" things (like i had a few forkfuls of cake the other day) in moderation as long as you balance it with something super-beneficial, like a bowl of tuna (i add pickles).

btw, omega 369 oils are found in fish livers, fish flesh has mostly protein. just fyi.

Gross.

This year, the FDA decided that "cancerous growths and pus-filled lesions" would not be removed from animal carcases because they pose no immedate health risk to humans.

In a recent study, the FDA stated that up to 15% of factory-farmed animals have bodies riddled with cancerous tumors. Up to 30% of animals had internal and external cysts and running infections that were larger than 20cm because of lack of vetrinary care.

P.S. here is a website for "insulin insensitivity" which is a probably cause of acne. if you look, u can see that "anti androgens" are ranked with 5 stars in terms of effectiveness, and so is a low-GI diet and ...wow...exercise... =P

http://pcosfaq.com/

BTW dont buy chromium supplements, they do more harm than good, 2-3 apples should give u an adequate supply of chromium per day, as does spinach and other things.

P.P.S. Just throwing some ideas out there. I'm getting on the treadmill.

Do you guys know if Whole foods carries DIM??

Thats where I got my DIM-plus. :)

this PGX sounds interesting. :think:

log so far:

thursday,

had a cyst coming in, hard, lower cheek near jawline, so i began taking dim once a day and stopped taking my fish oil (to make sure it wasnt a combo effect)

saturday, smoked merijuana HEAVILY (2 blunts, a joint or two and some bong justice among a few friends), took a wandering journey to whole foods and scored an awesome turkey/bacon/fresh spinach leaves/all sorts of awesome stuff sandwitch ;D, in addition to eating roughly two greasy and delicious burritos that day. missed my dim for that day as well but i happened to have left a single fish oil capsule (NOT enough on a regular non dim basis) at his house and took it.

today, one tiny new pimple near my lip, and thats it as far as new acne is concerned, that earlier cyst is for all intents and purposes gone as well.

for the help of anyone else,

im a slim 19 year old male, about 140 pounds.

heavily dietary acne (fats and oils make my skin become oily, and the like)

im taking 1 source naturals dim (100mg of dim) tablet a day, about noon.

also, apples would always break me out before, i havent tested eating apples with dim yet, im just making sure dim works when i remain sugar free first.

day 9

My skin feels really weird. My skin reminds me of sandpaper. It feels like I have a billion tiny grains on my face. Here's what I think is happening. Either something bad like my face is getting clogged up real bad or all my previously clogged pores (which were ALOT) are coming out.

I'm hoping it's the latter since all my acne has been drying up and my skin feels generally good.

Did anyone experience this?

I've been taking DIM for about 12 days, so I just thought I would throw my cents in here as well. I decided to try this out because it did not appear to have any negative effects and if it might help, then basically why the hell not try it. So I started just taking the reg dosage of the natures-way brand DIM and began drinking spearmint tea, about one cup a day. My face has actually undergone quite a miraculous improvement since I stopped eating sugars, fruits, grains, and processed foods, being typically 98% clear these days. So I was basically hoping that DIM would help out with the other 2%.

I was not expecting this to be any sort of miracle cure and I don't think it is. But I have to say I rather enjoy taking this supplement. I haven't experienced any negative consequences (breakouts, headaches, etc) and have been liking the positives (drier skin, reduction in redness, SLEEP [and wildly vivid dreams!]).

A few days ago I had pimple coming in near my mouth and like usual just think "well great here we go again...", but the next day it basically just dried up and vanished. No red mark, no inflammation, to pus buildup or anything. Pretty wild. And the same thing happened again from yesterday into today. I honestly credit diet/nutrition to most of my success, but this DIM (and perhaps spearmint) seems to be having a pretty positive effect too. I should also mention I'm 23, male, and about 150 lbs. I also take cod liver oil, a multi-vitamin (which actually has a little taurine in it), and a probiotic daily.

I decided to post this today because I happened to be in a social situation in which I was "compelled" to eat something I haven't in about 5 months: grains, dairy, and possibly sugar in a sandwich. The worst part was everything about the sandwich was obviously of poor quality. Well it tasted OK (eh). I'll consider this DIMs test and repost in a few days on what happens.

cheers

3 weeks after Nature's Way

-Female, 23 years old

-5'5" @ 140lbs.

mild to mod acne

results so far:

-at first it really seemed to help with oil, but after a few days, my face went back to oil city.

- no major breakouts, although I didn't really have any before. I'm still getting a few pimples here and there..though they are small. Needless to say I haven't seen any improvement, or negative effects. Pretty much exactly the same as before I started taking it.

-no side effects

Hi Sara,

At what point did it seem like things were improving, and then how long before things went back to normal? Are you taking taurine or sulfur with it?

within 24 hours. i noticed a major decrease in oil(and the two pimples i had basically disappeared). Than within another 48 hours or so, I noticed it went right back to the way it was. No, I am not taking taurine or sulfur. I guess I'm not sure what to be taking with this

Forgot to mention that my skin is no longer improving and its seemingly miraculous effect on my sleep cycle is no more. :boohoo:

day 9

My skin feels really weird. My skin reminds me of sandpaper. It feels like I have a billion tiny grains on my face.

I have the same experiences, dry and sandpaper skin from DIM!

You need a non-comedogenic cream/lotion for dry (acne/ezcema) skin,

maybe with peeling (BHA/AHA) for smooth skin.

Oil-Free is not the right thing.

Avene Clean-AC is a very good cream!

http://www.acne.org/aspirin-mask-reviews/75/page1.html

http://www.acne.org/baking-soda-reviews/209/page1.html

Forgot to mention that my skin is no longer improving and its seemingly miraculous effect on my sleep cycle is no more. :boohoo:

How many days have u been using dim?

Dim 2.5 out of ten

pgx 9 out of ten

I don't understand why you'd come off of something that had you 100% clear to test something else but that's great that pgx is working for you. what's the difference between that and psylium husks?

I didn't come off the pgx because that would simply be complexion suicide. I have a very mild case of rosacea and I was hoping that dim could counter it. Pgx is 7 times more effective then pyslium husks therefore you only need to use a fraction to get the same results.

it's been one week for me taking 100mg per day of nature's way DIM plus and it actually worked, my skin is all smooth except two bumps on the side of my face that are going away and i had very persistent moderate acne. last night was the first time in a while i had refined sugar, so in a couple days we'll see what happens. it's also been giving me energy all day long and my anxiety is gone. so i guess i'm just learning that a lot of my problems were from hormone imbalances.

does anyone have a recommendation on a maintenance dose, or are you still taking 100mg per day?

it's been one week for me taking 100mg per day of nature's way DIM plus and it actually worked, my skin is all smooth except two bumps on the side of my face that are going away and i had very persistent moderate acne. last night was the first time in a while i had refined sugar, so in a couple days we'll see what happens. it's also been giving me energy all day long and my anxiety is gone. so i guess i'm just learning that a lot of my problems were from hormone imbalances.

does anyone have a recommendation on a maintenance dose, or are you still taking 100mg per day?

100mg of Source Naturals can be 8xCapsules (8x12,5mg DIM-Pure)

100mg of Source Naturals can be 2xCapsules (2x50mg DIM-Complex)