Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Mine just arrived..

will update in a few days. Although I have high hopes I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get let down like always :D

hmm

took 2 pills of natures way an hour ago and my face feels less oily and WAY less tight

probably a placebo effect or a coincidence but maybe not.. (I'm hoping! LOL:D)

Day 5

This is my first post here. I have been taking 2 EstroBalance pills a day since Thursday night which is only 50mg/day. I ordered Natures Way but got impatient and started calling around to local vitamin shops and scored!

I'm 32 yo F, 5'1" and 115lbs. Mild to moderate acne since 13. Retinol and AHA products have significantly helped with breakouts but no luck on blackheads and oily T zone. You can fry an egg by the end of the day and every single pore in my T zone is a blackhead. Started cutting out refined sugar, non-organic dairy and bad carbs about 4 weeks ago = more improvement. I got a painful red lump on my forehead (never get them there) the other day and it is gone. I have no active pimples at this time, just a few red scars and of course thousands of blackheads.

DIM reduced my sebum production by about 85% as of Saturday. Unbelievable! I really can't say if it is causing headaches or fatigue since I have had a headache for the past 3 weeks. I think I'm allergic to grapefruit. I have been sleeping restless the past few nights as well but I think it's because I have a new bedspread that is too warm.

I'm really happy with the results thus far. I'll probably add taurine for phase II detox soon. I'll keep you all posted.

Day 5

This is my first post here. I have been taking 2 EstroBalance pills a day since Thursday night which is only 50mg/day. I ordered Natures Way but got impatient and started calling around to local vitamin shops and scored!

I'm 32 yo F, 5'1" and 115lbs. Mild to moderate acne since 13. Retinol and AHA products have significantly helped with breakouts but no luck on blackheads and oily T zone. You can fry an egg by the end of the day and every single pore in my T zone is a blackhead. Started cutting out refined sugar, non-organic dairy and bad carbs about 4 weeks ago = more improvement. I got a painful red lump on my forehead (never get them there) the other day and it is gone. I have no active pimples at this time, just a few red scars and of course thousands of blackheads.

DIM reduced my sebum production by about 85% as of Saturday. Unbelievable! I really can't say if it is causing headaches or fatigue since I have had a headache for the past 3 weeks. I think I'm allergic to grapefruit. I have been sleeping restless the past few nights as well but I think it's because I have a new bedspread that is too warm.

I'm really happy with the results thus far. I'll probably add taurine for phase II detox soon. I'll keep you all posted.

So your face doesn't look oily anymore?

My face is the same.. can fry an egg there at the end of the day LOL that's some way of putting it

Not as oily anymore. It would get so oily I could "feel" it. Yuck. I don't have to blot multiple times a day anymore.

Not as oily anymore. It would get so oily I could "feel" it. Yuck. I don't have to blot multiple times a day anymore.

Same here, but is it gone down the to level you don't feel self concious about being oily anymore or what?

Same here, but is it gone down the to level you don't feel self concious about being oily anymore or what?

Hi, I just joined and wondered what DIM is.

Thanks!

I don't worry about it anymore.

one-of-five go to page 1 of this thread. Has some good info.

can i take DIM with spironolactone?

I doubt it. It might not be harmful, but it would probably be pointless. Spiro raises estrogen I believe, and DIM is for correcting estrogen dominance. So they would kinda be working against each other.

Hi there,

I would suggest decreasing the dose to 4 pills per day...remember the activamune rep is trying to sell you something! In chinese medicine the forehead is linked with the liver, if you beleive in that then it would make sense to reduce your dose (too high of a dose = over stressed liver = acne on forehead)...It won't hurt you to try reducing the dose and it might work better for you, you can always increase it again later if you want....good luck!

I think this is fairly true, although I can't isolate the reason that my forhead has been clearing the past 2 days or so, it might be that i lowered my dose to only 2 natures way dim a day (only bc i forgot to take the 3rd one), OR bc i have upped my zinc to 75mg OR bc i added 2000mg of taurine...hmmm

I think this is fairly true, although I can't isolate the reason that my forhead has been clearing the past 2 days or so, it might be that i lowered my dose to only 2 natures way dim a day (only bc i forgot to take the 3rd one), OR bc i have upped my zinc to 75mg OR bc i added 2000mg of taurine...hmmm

You take 2000mg of taurine a day!! ive been taking 500mg, is that not enough?

Hi there,

I would suggest decreasing the dose to 4 pills per day...remember the activamune rep is trying to sell you something! In chinese medicine the forehead is linked with the liver, if you beleive in that then it would make sense to reduce your dose (too high of a dose = over stressed liver = acne on forehead)...It won't hurt you to try reducing the dose and it might work better for you, you can always increase it again later if you want....good luck!

Hey Junebug,

glad to hear it's going well for you! what's your skin condition/oil situation now? any side effects now? 75 mg of zinc might be too much though, no?

Day 5 (I think).

No new zits the last couple days. Whew. I only have one active pimple (as opposed to 7!) that popped up on my cheek a few days ago, but it's not very visible. The pimples on my chin are almost non-existent. My cheeks are significantly smoother and my face isn't oily at all. It isn't dry either. It's strange, I used to be oily and have dry flakes at the same time

I'm still taking 200 mg DIM a day and 2000 mg Taurine. I've upped my water intake too. I've also been eating worse (dairy, fast food).

I have headaches from time to time, and I'm not as tired as before.

My DIM arrived today. I need to know how much of it to take. It is Olympian Labs DIM, 60 Capsules of 100 mgs of DIM. How much should I take? How much taurine and when?

Please!

Thanks

Still waiting on a reply here :doh: .. was wondering wether I have to take calcium-dg or taurine with the DIM or both..and how much mg is ideal for them, and shud I take with dim or after..sorry im a little confused lol please help ;)

Still waiting on a reply here :doh: .. was wondering wether I have to take calcium-dg or taurine with the DIM or both..and how much mg is ideal for them, and shud I take with dim or after..sorry im a little confused lol please help ;)

Hi nygirl,

I;m afraid no one really knows the answer to that, it is an individual thing. Also the fact that CDG will help is only speculation at this point. It makes sense, however the only people that have posted about CDG have reported that it didn't seem to help them with DIM, it seems that people have better success with taurine. I would give the taurine a try, it seems like 1-2 grams is a standard dose..just watch your symptoms with the DIM and also your progress, if you find things getting worse DIM might not be the answer for you...how are your symptoms lately, and how is your skin?

Hi nygirl,

I;m afraid no one really knows the answer to that, it is an individual thing. Also the fact that CDG will help is only speculation at this point. It makes sense, however the only people that have posted about CDG have reported that it didn't seem to help them with DIM, it seems that people have better success with taurine. I would give the taurine a try, it seems like 1-2 grams is a standard dose..just watch your symptoms with the DIM and also your progress, if you find things getting worse DIM might not be the answer for you...how are your symptoms lately, and how is your skin?

Thanks. Well my skin has improved with the DIM so far, mainly on my forehead where most of my acne is. I did however get a bump on my nose today which I have not gotten in YEARS. For the past few days since I started taking it, I've been having headaches and feeling tired and my whole body feels drowsy so instead of taking 2 at one time I took one in the morning today and one in the evening and my body doesn't feel tired or anything so thats a good sign I guess. I'll try buying some taurine and let you know how everything goes.

I am a 175 pound male. I am on tetracycline. How much DIM and Taurine should I take a day? I have 100 mg capsules...

Please...

@all

when you say "i take 200mg DIM", it is a crap information :wall:

200mg of what?= DIM complex?, DIM pure?, DIM pure in a complex?

For example DIM-Plus Natures Way:

The difference of "200mg DIM-Complex" and "200mg DIM-Pure in a complex"

is the difference of night and day!

4capsules vs. 16capsules!!!

Better tell us how much capsules you take + the brand/manufacturer ;)

and set your gender in the profile, thanks

I take them in the morning and I've noticed a little while after I take them my body feels sort of tired and i definitely am experiencing those headaches some people are talking about. I've had a headache atleast 3-4 out of the 6 days I've been on DIM which sucks because I've seen some results so far so I don't really want to stop but I can't be constantly feeling tired and crappy lol.

the headaches and tired feeling will go away when you take it longer time.

day 2:

DIM is definatly doing something. My oil is a LOT less, my face feels a lot better but I got 3 new whiteheads on my face today. That hasn't happened in 6 months..

But I'm still optimistic :)

Isn't there something besides Taurine for "phase 2", as in something more

easily attainable? lol

Are most people buying Taurine online? I searched high and low in a CVS

Pharmacy a few days ago, but I don't even know what it looks like or anything! lol

Just curious as to where I should go for this stuff :D

I'm only taking 25 mg of DIM a day..its a little pricey where I bought it (DIM Plus is what i use, nature's way).

i began yesterday - i took it last night (although i took 50 MG to get things kick started)

and this morning i took my 25 mg.

no changes in oilyness as of yet, my urine has not changed colour noticeably either.

a couple of red/inflamed zits on my face seem to be coming to a head quicker though.

ignore my regimen below - what i do is wash with cetaphil, and everyother night i use stievamycin. the other nights i use neutrogena healthy skin face lotion. i will be contiuining with this while on DIM.

i'm a little worried that 25 mg of DIM won't do much as its a lower dose. is it ok if im just taking 25 mg?

I started Dim last Wed and I'm already seeing a significant improvement. I'm not using BP or SA because after an Allergy test it was determined I have sensitivies to them. I'm very pleased so far but I will say the first three days, I noticed my pelvic region hurt like when you ovulate. Not sure if it's connected but it was kind of strange. I'm taking two in the morning and two at night, so far very pleased. Can't wait for the long term benefits.

You are looking for taurine or L-taurine on the front of the bottle. It may be in the amino acid section. I tried to find it at a GNC one day about 2 years ago and I couldn't find it on its own...but it was a fluke--they were just temporarily out of it. A vitamin store should have it, even CVS probably. Look where all the amino acids are.