Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am not gonna take it anymore. At least not for a few weeks. Seems it irritates my skin or something. Maybe I cannot mix it with all other pills I am taking. My skin looks irritated. My spot are pretty small but they look soo red. Even one of my family members commented my face for the first time in my life saying what the hell is wrong with me. :wall: :wall: :wall:

your acne may not be hormonal OR

you may need to supplement taurine 2-3g /day

I am not gonna take it anymore. At least not for a few weeks. Seems it irritates my skin or something. Maybe I cannot mix it with all other pills I am taking. My skin looks irritated. My spot are pretty small but they look soo red. Even one of my family members commented my face for the first time in my life saying what the hell is wrong with me. :wall: :wall: :wall:

Haven't you only been taking it for 3 days or so? It might not be the DIM at all...also if small red spots is worse than you are used to, maybe you didn't need DIM in the first place...do you have any side effects (other than irritated skin)?

No I'm not taking anything to aid DIM, I just thought it was getting too complicated introducing all these supplements to help DIM. Although I have got Vitamin E on order, which helps with DIM absorption. I was thinking of taking sulfur, but would really like to keep from taking too many supplements, what advantages does sulfur give?

Alex

Hey Alex,

I think this is how it works: your liver uses sulfurs and glutamines to get rid of toxins/excess hormomes etc...both taurine and MSM natural sulfur are of the sulfur variety and CDG is of the glutamine variety (this is very simplified, but I think this is the idea), this all happens in something called phase II detox. Phase I is getting the toxins/excess hormones to the liver in the first place, which is what DIM does. Now that said, if you are not feeling symptoms of detox (eg feeling tired) then your liver is probably capable of expelling the toxins/hormones on its own...I guess supplementing with taurine/sulfur or CDG probably wouldn't hurt but you might not need it, esp. if you are eating lots of fruits and veggies (though I believe that sulfur is harder to come by than CDG through diet because of the way we cook and process our foods...I supplement with a small dose of natural sulfur and have been doing this for weeks before I started DIM). In all honesty the way in which the liver works and what it needs to work properly is all very complex and I'm not sure taking a single supplement really accomplishes what we think it might...I guess you'll just have to research it, see how you feel, and make an educated decision. good luck!

I have been reading a lot of the threads regarding DIM and I just wanted to comment. I have taken it for 6 days (2x a day) and I haven't had one new break out since. I am not on any special diet other than only drinking organic milk instead of the regular. I do take B-12 500mg and B-5 500mg. I do believe that it is linked to the hormones. I seem to be much older than the majority of the people in these forums. I'm 37 and this is the first time since I was 11 that I haven't had new acne. It may not be a cure for everyone but I feel it's worth trying. I am currently using the Source Naturals brand. I only chose this one because it was the least expensive.

Thanks to everyone for sharing your information.

So I thought I'd post since I want other people to continue to update with their progress reports whether positive or negative. I've been on DIM-Plus for 9 days now. I have been taking 4-5 capsules in the morning, 4-5 at night with meals. About 3 days ago I started taking 1000mg Calcium D-Glucarate and 1000mg Taurine 3x daily with meals also. My skin tone/texture does not seem to have improved at all. My skin does seem more dry. I am in a predicament right now. The DIM seems to have cleared up a good portion of my acne all along my neck, most of my cheeks, and my chin. However, my nose remains the same, and is pretty much filled with clogged pores/mini blackheads. My forehead is the real kicker. I have been breaking out with these "sores". They aren't really pimples in the conventional sense. They don't bleed, but they are very easily "broken" and weep a clear fluid for a long time until they crust up. (I know how disgusting that sounds). It is incredibly frustrating because they are so hard to control and very noticeable. I only get a few pimples like this every now and then, so this is definately something different.

Summary:

DIM has definately and consistently cleared part of my face, but has seemingly made me break out worse in other parts.

I just don't know whether to up the dosage as recommended by the ActivaMune rep, or to reduce the dosage to maybe 4 pills a day.

So I thought I'd post since I want other people to continue to update with their progress reports whether positive or negative. I've been on DIM-Plus for 9 days now. I have been taking 4-5 capsules in the morning, 4-5 at night with meals. About 3 days ago I started taking 1000mg Calcium D-Glucarate and 1000mg Taurine 3x daily with meals also. My skin tone/texture does not seem to have improved at all. My skin does seem more dry. I am in a predicament right now. The DIM seems to have cleared up a good portion of my acne all along my neck, most of my cheeks, and my chin. However, my nose remains the same, and is pretty much filled with clogged pores/mini blackheads. My forehead is the real kicker. I have been breaking out with these "sores". They aren't really pimples in the conventional sense. They don't bleed, but they are very easily "broken" and weep a clear fluid for a long time until they crust up. (I know how disgusting that sounds). It is incredibly frustrating because they are so hard to control and very noticeable. I only get a few pimples like this every now and then, so this is definately something different.

Summary:

DIM has definately and consistently cleared part of my face, but has seemingly made me break out worse in other parts.

I just don't know whether to up the dosage as recommended by the ActivaMune rep, or to reduce the dosage to maybe 4 pills a day.

Hi there,

I would suggest decreasing the dose to 4 pills per day...remember the activamune rep is trying to sell you something! In chinese medicine the forehead is linked with the liver, if you beleive in that then it would make sense to reduce your dose (too high of a dose = over stressed liver = acne on forehead)...It won't hurt you to try reducing the dose and it might work better for you, you can always increase it again later if you want....good luck!

I have a question, would someone need to take all the supplements to aid DIM(calcium-d & taurine) or just one of them? which would be the better option. As I posted above I've been having headaches from the DIM so I wanted to also take something to aid it in hopes that I wont get anymore headaches.

I get acne mostly on the cheeks, very mild on the forehead, and rarely on the chin jawline......does this mean i have hormonal acne?

also is DIM an antioxidant.

I get acne mostly on the cheeks, very mild on the forehead, and rarely on the chin jawline......does this mean i have hormonal acne?

I dont really think hormonal acne targets a specific area of your face. I would just try the DIM and see if it works for you.

my situation for day three on dim is slightly more oily around nose, cheeks and chin yet less redness. I'm cool with that because dotty was saying her oil went away after a week or so. Reducing redness is my main aim and it is working in that regard thus far.

It's hard to say...in chinese medicine they beleive that the mouth/chin area is hormonal, the cheeks are related to the lungs and the forehead to the liver...it doesn't necesarily mean you don't have hormonal acne. Do you have very oily skin? Any other hormonal symptoms?

Im 16, male, and have shitty acne. I started this two days ago, and my face is looking a bit better. All forming pimples have stopped, and my skin is a bit better. Im taking two pills, morning and night of the Natures Way DIM Plus, making a total of 4 pills, 200mg daily. Im also taking 1000mg of Taurine morning/night. Ive been a bit tired but nothing major. QUESTION Will the use of DIM lead to Baldness? I know it increases free form Test., which is a cause of baldness. Im hoping to only use this until my acne is under control, and then ween off of it. But will the use of it now lead to baldness later on? Thanks

how come milk thistle hasn't been brought up as a supplement for stage 2 liver detox?

and has anyone heard of Glutathione?

how come milk thistle hasn't been brought up as a supplement for stage 2 liver detox?

I just posted about milk thistle and DIM, hoping to get people's milk thistle experiences...I think it's a good idea at least in theory...

I just posted about milk thistle and DIM, hoping to get people's milk thistle experiences...I think it's a good idea at least in theory...

thanks i'll be checking in on that thread often.

i would try it out for myself but i just spent enough money on DIM, vitamins, CDG, and taurine.

Im 16, male, and have shitty acne. I started this two days ago, and my face is looking a bit better. All forming pimples have stopped, and my skin is a bit better. Im taking two pills, morning and night of the Natures Way DIM Plus, making a total of 4 pills, 200mg daily. Im also taking 1000mg of Taurine morning/night. Ive been a bit tired but nothing major. QUESTION Will the use of DIM lead to Baldness? I know it increases free form Test., which is a cause of baldness. Im hoping to only use this until my acne is under control, and then ween off of it. But will the use of it now lead to baldness later on? Thanks

It blocks DHT so it actually helps prevent hair loss. I'd be carefull taking DIM if I was you because your still growing (at 16) and I don't know if it does anything long term in growing people.

It blocks DHT so it actually helps prevent hair loss. I'd be carefull taking DIM if I was you because your still growing (at 16) and I don't know if it does anything long term in growing people.

Ok thanks, and I'll look into it more, but as of now, I dont see any harm of a short term use. Once my acne is under some control, I'll lower the dosages.

Ok so the general consensus is that it has no bad long term effects and that it could solve your acne probs? Good enough for me... I ordered some off bodybuilding.com:)

Interesting that its being sold on a muscle-building site? Manly enough for the haters yet? lol... anyway supposedly its good for working out as well so thats wonderful for me! Most of the "natural" cures affect my bulking diet and as most bodybuilders can attest - its difficult to change the diet to suit both acne prevention and bulking up... hopefully this pill can perform both roles for me... wish me luck!

i would try it out for myself but i just spent enough money on DIM, vitamins, CDG, and taurine.

hehe I hear ya...supplements are expensive...if you're already taking CDG and taurine maybe you don't need milk thistle anyway? I haven't decided yet...from reading it seems like something with milk thistle burdock root and dandelion root would be very good for the liver and kidneys..if i can find such a product i might try it out...there are so many options it's kind of confusing!

hehe I hear ya...supplements are expensive...if you're already taking CDG and taurine maybe you don't need milk thistle anyway? I haven't decided yet...from reading it seems like something with milk thistle burdock root and dandelion root would be very good for the liver and kidneys..if i can find such a product i might try it out...there are so many options it's kind of confusing!

definitely it seems supplementation is unique for everyone and you have to try and bunch of stuff to see what works for you

here is a brand i trust

http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=802

but liek you said with the cdg and taurine i don't think it's necessary unless someone reports it's amazing, then i'll go out and buy it lol

Do you guys know if I can buy this at like walmart or a local grocery store?

I hate buying things offline. I have had bad experiences with people stealing my credit card number and spending my money. People suck...