Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ClaraLoassa

Good Mineral makeup?

I'm a Bare Minerals user and I love it, but if it's got that nasty Bismuth stuff I've heard so much about, I want to stop using it.

I tried Everyday Minerals and I just hated it. I'm sorry, I know it has a big following on here :( I just don't like it.

Is there another good brand of Mineral makeup to try? I've heard great things about Physician's Formula Mineral Wear stuff, like the loose powder.

Anybody? Preferably by companies I can buy in a drugstore! (Maybelline, PF, L'oreal, Neutrogena, etc)

Thanks!

Maybelline just came out with their own mineral line that looks pretty good and has the least amount of ingredients that I've seen so far.

http://www.maybelline.com/search/index.asp...eywords=Mineral

I can't find them on the site, but I remember being pleased with the ingredients list when I looked at the store.

After that I would say Covergirl TruBlend mineral makeup, but it contains talc which is very common in breaking people out.

I used PF a long time ago and I wasn't incredibly happy with it. I didn't notice it breaking me out, but the powder coverage wasn't great and the liquid was really shiny and moved all around my face. The only thing I really liked was the concealer.

I don't know a lot about Almay's mineral makeup and Neutrogena is usually pretty good with not clogging pores, though the coverage will be pretty sheer.

Even Revlon has mineral makeup now. http://www.revlon.com/ProductCatalog/Produ...x?ProductID=135 I haven't heard anything about it. I've had bad luck with Colorstay breaking me out horrible in the past, so I would be wary of this.

I'd be wary of L'Oreal too, since they're ingredient list is gigantic (at least since last I checked).

That's all I can think of right now. Be sure to read the ingredients. In general, less is better. Beware of anything with talc and bismuth if your skin is sensitive.

Pre me being a EM lover..I did try Maybelline minerals..and they were ok, but the color selection wasn't great at all. I'm pale, but I don't consider myself, extremely pale. When it comes to me buying foundations and concealers, etc, I usually end up buying the "light" variety, and usually "fair" is too light. I tried the "light" variety in this, and it was sooo dark on me. A friend had the "fair" variety, and that still seemed almost orangey on me. (Note, I did try to powder foundation, and the liquid mineral foundation by maybelline). On a better note, it definately did not break me out, or irritate my skin.

Pre me being a EM lover..I did try Maybelline minerals..and they were ok, but the color selection wasn't great at all. I'm pale, but I don't consider myself, extremely pale. When it comes to me buying foundations and concealers, etc, I usually end up buying the "light" variety, and usually "fair" is too light. I tried the "light" variety in this, and it was sooo dark on me. A friend had the "fair" variety, and that still seemed almost orangey on me. (Note, I did try to powder foundation, and the liquid mineral foundation by maybelline). On a better note, it definately did not break me out, or irritate my skin.

I broke out TERRIBLY with Physician's Formula!!

However, i had wonderful results with Alima brand mineral makeup!

They have pretty good prices, Tons of samples and super fast shipping, not to mention a good selection colors.

I am hooked!

www.alimacosmetics.com :wub:

www.sheermiracle.com

you cant get more natural than this line. it even HELPS by reducing inflammation in acne prone skin.

i love it.

Joppa and Aubrey Nicole minerals have pretty good reviews, from what I recall.

I recommend against Loreal minerals - they were super itchy for me.

Drug store color selection drives me crazy. >:( I'd get so frustrated looking for colors light enough. There are girls out there who are whiter than that! Come on now. >:( And it's so PINK! Grrrrr.

I'm a Bare Minerals user and I love it, but if it's got that nasty Bismuth stuff I've heard so much about, I want to stop using it.

I tried Everyday Minerals and I just hated it. I'm sorry, I know it has a big following on here :( I just don't like it.

Is there another good brand of Mineral makeup to try? I've heard great things about Physician's Formula Mineral Wear stuff, like the loose powder.

Anybody? Preferably by companies I can buy in a drugstore! (Maybelline, PF, L'oreal, Neutrogena, etc)

Thanks!