Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
samariah

how many calories should i eat daily to lose weight?

Im 19, 5'4 and 130ish lbs and i want to lose 10 lbs. but im not sure how much i should be eating, i dont want to be eating too much or too little. does 1300 a day sound like a good amount? for exercise i do pilates for a half hour many days of the week and i suppose i should try to get to the gym more.

Here's some results based on an online calorie-counter and the numbers you gave:

"You need 1956 calories per day to maintain your current weight without exercise.

You need 1913.4 calories per day to reach your goal weight slowly and maintain that weight without exercise.

If you reduce your current caloric intake to 1456 calories per day you will lose one pound per week without exercise.

If you increase your current caloric intake to 2456 calories per day, you will gain one pound per week.

Exercise and Calorie Needs

If you exercise for 30 minutes each day, you may increase your caloric intake to 2164 calories per day and still maintain your current weight.

If you exercise for 60 minutes each day, you may increase your caloric intake to 2424 calories per day to maintain your current weight.

If you exercise for 30 minutes each day, you will be able to reach your goal weight with 2116.3 calories per day.

If you exercise for 60 minutes each day, you will be able to reach your goal weight with 2369.9 calories per day.

Macronutrients

The United States Department of Agriculture suggests that approximately 50 percent of your calories come from carbohydrates, about 30 percent from fats, and approximately 20 percent from protein sources. One gram of protein has about four calories, one gram of fat has about nine calories, and one gram of carbohydrate has about four calories.

You need 244.5 grams of carbohydrates, 64.5 grams of fat, and 97.8 grams of protein per day for 1956 calories to maintain your weight of 130 pounds.

You need 239.2 grams of carbohydrates, 63.1 grams of fat, and 95.7 grams of protein per day for 1913.4 calories to maintain your goal weight of 120 pounds.

Please remember that these calorie counts are an average, you may need to adjust your calorie needs up or down slightly to get the results you want. Your results are calculated to help you understand how many calories you need to maintain your current weight, or the number of calories you need to lose weight slowly, over several months' time. "

It depends on your metabolism, body weight, and height, AND do not ever ever forget that you must eat small things ever 2-3.5 hours or you will have a million times more difficult time losing weight and your metabolism will go to boot.

-the right kind of foods ever 2-3.5 hours, that is.

Im 19, 5'4 and 130ish lbs and i want to lose 10 lbs. but im not sure how much i should be eating, i dont want to be eating too much or too little. does 1300 a day sound like a good amount? for exercise i do pilates for a half hour many days of the week and i suppose i should try to get to the gym more.

Why do you want to lose weight? Average weight for someone who is 5'4 is between 130-135 pounds.

i feel more attractive at 120 lbs and it is still a very healthy weight for me. i also have a small frame so it suits me fine.

1100 calories

Why do you want to lose weight? Average weight for someone who is 5'4 is between 130-135 pounds.

technically its not overweight at all. i'm in decent shape, i wear a size 4-6 depending on the brand. i just feel a little too thick is all.

Please don't count calories, it's way too stressful and you'll get too hung up about every single little thing that you eat.

I once gave up refined sugar and refined wheat ..actually all refined foods, and the weight just fell off me. I wasn't even trying to lose weight!

I wish I was small again :( Im 5'5 and I weigh 155

I think weight loss is mostly about exercising.

For your diet, just avoid all refined carbohydrates like the plague. Make sure each meal is a good source of fat, as to give you longer-lasting energy throughout the day. In terms of calories, I wouldn't worry about them as long as 1. you don't feel you're overeating and 2. you're exercising, like I said before.

I found it very difficult to lose weight when I was vegan because of the high amount of carbs/ low amount of fat in the diet. I actually gained about 10-15 pounds and I was always hungry. Once I started eating meat, butter and some vegetables and nothing else I have lost about 10 pounds with no exercise, and I feel satisfied after eating a lot less.

My tip is to read good calories bad calories by Gary Taubes to get a different perspective on weightloss.

QFT

I absolutely loved this book.

Please don't count calories, it's way too stressful and you'll get too hung up about every single little thing that you eat.

I once gave up refined sugar and refined wheat ..actually all refined foods, and the weight just fell off me. I wasn't even trying to lose weight!

You're absolutely right, counting calories can be extremely stressful. But if you do it right it still works. I mean if you put less calories in your body than your body requires, you will lose weight because your body will have to take the energy from somewhere and so it will go after the fat. I used a software tool for making my ahead of time and it made it easier to count all calories. On the other hand giving up refined sugar, wheat and so on is always a great idea.

130 is a nice weight for a girl

anything between 125-160 is ok

depending on your hight and frame of course.

You need three meals a day

breakfast, lunch and dinner

most food packets tell you the daily guide line.

It's unhealthy to loss body water and not fat . I've got a magazine and it says that some boxers still beleive today they can drink to much water and it's total utter rubbish .I posted a thread about water intake a couple of months ago and asked how much water the forum drank and some said about a gallon a day .I noticed it does improve performance alot but have drank to much before a run and it made me sick .You should try drinking loads of water and eating next to f--k all , then work out , that way you loss fat and not water .If you spit in a cup and dehydrate then as soon as you rehydrate it just goes straight back on because it's water you loss , plus your risk of injury skyrockets when your dehydrated .If your trying to make weight for a fight then it's obviously ok because your bodyfat should be low anyway

----------------------------------------

Edited by katalo28

To lose weight, follow this simple rule:

Burn more calories than you consume.

And if you want to gain weight, vice versa.

To lose weight, follow this simple rule:

Burn more calories than you consume.

And if you want to gain weight, vice versa.

^ what he said.

Michael Phelps (google if you don't know him) when he trains, he eats around 12,000 calories daily.

He still stays in top shape, because he gets an insane amount of exercise in the pool.

If you want to lose weight, simplify your meal schedule.. breakfast in the morning, lunch around noon, and dinner at 6pm. Don't eat in between, and keep the meals simple (only a few items). If you are hungry in between or want a snack before bed, use fruits. My favorite is strawberries & blueberries :) also it's important to stay away from diet soda's, stick with water.

Good luck