Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JPizzle

i think im aboutt to cry

im dealing with this cold and i feel like shit but now, my grnadma comes up to me and says my mom, who ive gorwn to hate and her bitch attitude, says ive bene usoing creams and other topicals on my skin when all ive used is aloe verla lotion and clearsil. they assume that i use all these creams and shit when i dont. i feel liek there calling my a liar when all i fuckin use is clearsil which isnt doing shit. what am i supposed to do, my derm doesnt help me, my acne sucks, my family doesnt beleive me, i just wish i had a gun right now and take myself out. what the hell is the point of me living

fuck now im crying

im dealing with this cold and i feel like shit but now, my grnadma comes up to me and says my mom, who ive gorwn to hate and her bitch attitude, says ive bene usoing creams and other topicals on my skin when all ive used is aloe verla lotion and clearsil. they assume that i use all these creams and shit when i dont. i feel liek there calling my a liar when all i fuckin use is clearsil which isnt doing shit. what am i supposed to do, my derm doesnt help me, my acne sucks, my family doesnt beleive me, i just wish i had a gun right now and take myself out. what the hell is the point of me living

fuck now im crying

fuck now im crying

Hey, dfon't get so upset. Try not to let what they say bother you because the bottom line is, you know what the truth is regardless of what they are saying. Why do you say your derm doesn't help you? What happened? Has he prescribed anything for you?

ugh ignore them. family, as much as they love you, cna get right on your tits

my nan and bro always used to go on at me about what i use on my skin. 'well if you ate more greens and didnt put so much on your face you'd look better'. makes you feel like just turning round and saying yeah fuck off, i didnt ask for your opinion.

dont let it get to you

I'm sorry you don't have your dad around anymore and that you are going through these emotions. But try to remember it is just a moment in time which will soon pass.

Have you spoken to any professional counsellors for advice? I really believe they could help you.

You should take stock in knowing you are true to yourself, as said by leepinglizards in a previous post.

its just so damn stressful, its like i have nowhere to go. counseling is not even an option for my family becasuse they are "image" ppl. they want to be portrayed as a good, well cleaned family to all of our relatives and having a kid go to counseling will worry them into thinking others will think we cant control our own family.

its just so damn hard to deal with, thing is, kids at my school have worse acne then me and i never feel bad there, its just at home, they want me to be perfect, ive talked to them and eveyrthing but they wont listen to me. i can look at my friends in the face but not my own family becuase they comment on it out of the blue. like before, a while ago, i was eating at the dinner table and i wnated to be excused but my cousin wouldnt let me until i begged and pleaded and finally he said "fine, get outta here, i dont wanna look at ur pimples while i eat"

i just dont know who i fuckin am anymore

its just so damn stressful, its like i have nowhere to go. counseling is not even an option for my family becasuse they are "image" ppl. they want to be portrayed as a good, well cleaned family to all of our relatives and having a kid go to counseling will worry them into thinking others will think we cant control our own family.

its just so damn hard to deal with, thing is, kids at my school have worse acne then me and i never feel bad there, its just at home, they want me to be perfect, ive talked to them and eveyrthing but they wont listen to me. i can look at my friends in the face but not my own family becuase they comment on it out of the blue. like before, a while ago, i was eating at the dinner table and i wnated to be excused but my cousin wouldnt let me until i begged and pleaded and finally he said "fine, get outta here, i dont wanna look at ur pimples while i eat"

I'm so sorry. I wanted to cry just reading what you've said. If your family frowns on counseling and won't get you in to talk to somebody, please consider one of your guidance counselors at school, or a trusted teacher. Or if one of your friends has a mom or dad who you can really relate to and feel comfortable with, try talking to them. They may not be able to get you into counseling, but just talking to them might do wonders for you. I'd definitely start with the guidance counselor at school. They care about more than just your college education and the classes you choose. They can also help you with something like this.

hey man, Im sorry that your family are treating you like this. I think a lot of people just dont understand acne, and they dont realise that you're trying to get rid of it. Even my mum who had acne herself can be pretty stupid about it. as far as treating it is concerned, did your derm prescribe you clearasil?? cos thats normally just an over the counter commercial product. which doesn't work. I suggest that you go back to your derm and discuss things better, and find a new treatment which works better for you. Im doing antibiotics, which a lot of people criticise, and they're not an ideal solution, but they are working slowly but surely. there are also loads more things you can do to help your acne, with diet and topicals, just read some of the posts on here. maybe you could talk to your mum and explain the situation to her a bit better? either way, dont let them get to you, people just dont realise that a small comment can really hurt you. good luck and I hope u sort it out!

u poor thing......fuck families!!.....u are dealing with sooo much.....and moms never understand how devastating having a disease on ur face is.....they just add to the devastation most of the time.....

get on accutane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its the only thing that can clear u....ask ur derm for it....take some power back, tell the derm that he is not helping u, and u want accutane....be strong, take matters into ur own hands, its ur face! start pushing back!!

I'm sorry but you f*ckin piss me off. B*tching about your family? Questioning the point of living? Yelling at your gramma? Wishing you weren't part of the family? Whats wrong with you?

I used to get down about my acne and my family would make jokes but I never lashed out at them or wished to be seperate from them. And I can bet my acne was worse or at the least, the same as yours.

Get some help man...

yeah it sucks getting made fun of about it. even when i dont hear it you know it probably goes on. i used to make fun of my brother karma will soon let you know what it feels like. ima beliver

I'm sorry but you f*ckin piss me off. B*tching about your family? Questioning the point of living? Yelling at your gramma? Wishing you weren't part of the family? Whats wrong with you?

I used to get down about my acne and my family would make jokes but I never lashed out at them or wished to be seperate from them. And I can bet my acne was worse or at the least, the same as yours.

Get some help man...

Scumbag you say?

Being tough? I got emotional at times too, but not as many times as you have. You need help, go to a guidance counsellor at your school.

Get on Accutane, its working wonders for me. If your derm refuses to prescribe it, then your acne isn't as bd as you think, or she just refuses and in that case, you go find another derm.

Get some help man...

Get some help man...

It's very very easy to judge others. Don't do it. This forum is for support. Some families do NOT provide support and aren't the loving environment that you obviously have. The original poster certainly has a right to express his feelings.

JPizzle, would it help your family believe you that you don't use anything else if they were to see your bathroom, or watch you do your routine? I know it is silly that you have to go that far, but I understand that sometimes it's necessary to maintain peace in an odd household.

Have you talked with your mom about how difficult it is for you to have acne, that you know she misses her husband (your dad), that you all would be happier if you could support each other?

You should try from some counseling on your own at school. I do not know if you need parental permission, you could ask if you could see someone at school and find out. Counseling isn't a sign of weakness: you're stronger because you're reaching out for support and coping techniques.

Ah, it does then sound as though you've done everything to prove that you're only going by the derm's recommendations. It is not your fault then that they won't listen. Sometimes family is in denial and just won't listen, even when they have their noses rubbed right into an obvious fact.

If you are indeed feeling depression (and you have every right to!), you can tell the counselor the things you said in your very first post. How your family makes you feel, how the acne makes you feel, how you respond to your family. There may be small changes you yourself can do that will help in your relationships at home. There may not. There are, however, coping skills that a counselor can teach you, to help you cope with your difficult life. I cannot even imagine how hard it would be to have lost my Dad when I was young. That alone is so hard to bear, no wonder the family is slightly dysfunctional right now.

Perhaps for the next appointment, the derm will see that her course of action is not working.

haha damn dude i know exactly what your going through! my rents are always telling me i need to work out more often, eat more greens, drink more water, when I do all of those things on a daily basis, its annoying dont let it get to you they just want whats best for you even though it doesnt seem like it

Ah, it does then sound as though you've done everything to prove that you're only going by the derm's recommendations. It is not your fault then that they won't listen. Sometimes family is in denial and just won't listen, even when they have their noses rubbed right into an obvious fact.

If you are indeed feeling depression (and you have every right to!), you can tell the counselor the things you said in your very first post. How your family makes you feel, how the acne makes you feel, how you respond to your family. There may be small changes you yourself can do that will help in your relationships at home. There may not. There are, however, coping skills that a counselor can teach you, to help you cope with your difficult life. I cannot even imagine how hard it would be to have lost my Dad when I was young. That alone is so hard to bear, no wonder the family is slightly dysfunctional right now.

Perhaps for the next appointment, the derm will see that her course of action is not working.