Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
seductiveartistica

Dermarolling

These dermarollers all come from Thailand. There's something a little disconcerting about the thought of using a instrument purchased from a third world country that I will use to puncture my skin. I'm not sure if these are made there or not.

If Thailand is anything like China, these dermarollers would be probably be contaminated with chemicals or heavy metals. It seems like every other day that I read about the dangerous, contaminated products that are coming to us from China.

Man 2 and 2.5 mm is huge. I've never tried this business, what should I start out with? And how much should I expect to pay? Does everyone just get these from Ebay? I'm also wondering if there's a risk of pigmentation issues since I have brown skin. I got some CP recently and I figure this might make it work better. Anyone else use any topicals with this doohickey?

I have used the 1.5mm twice now (every 3 months) and have not noticed any real results. I have a 2.0 and a 2.5mm as well. I have thick skin and may need to try deeper. I plan on doing the 2.0 mm in about a month.

I have used the 1.5mm twice now (every 3 months) and have not noticed any real results. I have a 2.0 and a 2.5mm as well. I have thick skin and may need to try deeper. I plan on doing the 2.0 mm in about a month.

I bought a 1.5mm roller but have not used it yet. How long did it take you to recover from using it? Did you use any topicals?

Man 2 and 2.5 mm is huge. I've never tried this business, what should I start out with? And how much should I expect to pay? Does everyone just get these from Ebay? I'm also wondering if there's a risk of pigmentation issues since I have brown skin. I got some CP recently and I figure this might make it work better. Anyone else use any topicals with this doohickey?

Keep us in touch on how the 2.0 and 2.5 go. I have thick skin and dont think the 1.5mm is going deep enough. I am going to try the 2.0 first and then, if prudent, give the 2.5 a go.

One thing to keep in mind is penetration depth. The 1.5 doesnt really penetrate 1.5mm (unless you a pushing real deep). This has to do with the curvature of the tool, the adjacent skin not allowing full penetration, and the flexibility of the skin (my personal theory). Therefore, I speculate that about 1.0 is the penetration depth. If you go to a 2.0 mm, I am guessing you get a 1.5mm penetration depth. Therefore, a 50% increase in depth eventhough the length is only a 33% increase.

Keep us in touch on how the 2.0 and 2.5 go. I have thick skin and dont think the 1.5mm is going deep enough. I am going to try the 2.0 first and then, if prudent, give the 2.5 a go.

One thing to keep in mind is penetration depth. The 1.5 doesnt really penetrate 1.5mm (unless you a pushing real deep). This has to do with the curvature of the tool, the adjacent skin not allowing full penetration, and the flexibility of the skin (my personal theory). Therefore, I speculate that about 1.0 is the penetration depth. If you go to a 2.0 mm, I am guessing you get a 1.5mm penetration depth. Therefore, a 50% increase in depth eventhough the length is only a 33% increase.

I bought a 1.5mm roller but have not used it yet. How long did it take you to recover from using it? Did you use any topicals?

Someday, so the 1.5mm didn't do anything for you in terms of improving your scars? Did you use enough pressure when using it?

I'm going to purchase one 1.5mm to use for my first time in the next days.

So you didn't use any numbing cream? Some people says it hurts a lot. I guess some people just have higher pain tolerance. I've done self-needling before although using individual needles and not as effective. It actually doesn't hurt at all when you only needle the scar tissue.

I've seen dermarollers with needles up to 3mm, those seem extreme to me.

BTW, pretty much all dermarollers are made in either China or Korea, no big deal really.

Someday, so the 1.5mm didn't do anything for you in terms of improving your scars? Did you use enough pressure when using it?

I'm going to purchase one 1.5mm to use for my first time in the next days.

So you didn't use any numbing cream? Some people says it hurts a lot. I guess some people just have higher pain tolerance. I've done self-needling before although using individual needles and not as effective. It actually doesn't hurt at all when you only needle the scar tissue.

I've seen dermarollers with needles up to 3mm, those seem extreme to me.

BTW, pretty much all dermarollers are made in either China or Korea, no big deal really.