Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NickE

how come my acne looks best when i just get up?

In general my face looks heaps better as soon as I wake up.. I dunno really, i think maybe its got to do with the fact that we haven't perspired and been involved in any activity... so theres less blood flow to our face making the redness less apparent. Maybe also its due to the fact that our body repairs overnight, but once we go outside and everything, we are exposed to pollutants, sunlight etc. which may make our skin look worse. I stress "may".

Don't know if you're a picker but for me it usually looks best first thing in the morning as I've gone the whole night without picking!

haha. it's literally as soon as i get up, looks amazing. put a record on, look out the window, clean my teeth, and look up, and everything's changed back to the raging shitstorm i'm used to.

I have that right after I wash my face.

I used to look in the mirror and pick before washing my face until one day I just washed my face and I noticed that 80% of the things I would've picked at looked almost invisible after a simple washing.

It seems that my face gets red every time it gets oily. Maybe I'm allergic to my own facial oil.

I wake up and it looks alright. Then i notice a little red bump here or there on forehead usually and then pick it cause i know it will be there for weeks...its just one of those kind. Then i usually exchange a few curse words with my self and say no more picking today over and over.

Holy crap, I thought this was just me! Sometimes my skin looks and feels PERFECT when I wake up, then all of a sudden, the 2-3 pimples i had the night before re-appear.

it might be cuz ur totally relaxed when you sleep so you dont put pressure on urself, im sure most of us have our skin on our minds 24/7 expect when we sleep, our face cools off and you dont think about it

or maybe cuz u press ur face down on th epillow and that might cause ur pimples to press down and when you wake up and check they are all smushed in but they evenutally pop up again

Your eyes are still adjusting as you wake, so maybe you're just not seeing them all when they are in fact still there.

This happens to me to! I wake up and the first thing I do is go to the mirror to check the status of my face. Lo and behole it's much much better, then I wash it and poof, right back to where I started. Ugh!

yep same here amigos, i reckon its the water aggrevating the spots, iv gone a few days without washng my face in the mornin attempting to keep it lookin half decent but usually i feel all crappy a few hours later, so jus wash moisturise an say screw u world my acne kicks ass!

yep same here amigos, i reckon its the water aggrevating the spots, iv gone a few days without washng my face in the mornin attempting to keep it lookin half decent but usually i feel all crappy a few hours later, so jus wash moisturise an say screw u world my acne kicks ass!

It's because of sleep. There are heaps of articles about it. Sometimes when I wake up my skin looks perfect, and then when I get out of the shower it looks like shit. I guess it's from all that hot water splashing on my face.

My face is amazing in the morning. But like everyone else, once I finish washing up It's awful. But then it seems to subside after half hour to an hour. But it's still the smoothest most perfect state upon waking up. I wish it would stay that way!

I totally know what you are talking about. I thought it was weird too! When I wake up and brush my teeth and then look up at the mirror, my skin looks and feels smooth and then after washing my face, it still looks somewhat fine, but then later in the day when I go to the bathroom again, my skin just doesn't look as good!!! Probably does have to do with activity and your skin getting oily. Wish my skin looked like it does in the morning all day.