Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bakesalee

Weird looking texture under bright lights

It's all shiny and wrinkled, uneven, and so on (but clear of blackheads). What's the deal? What can be done? I have to use one or both of these products daily to keep blackheads in check, so do I have to choose between uneven skin and clear skin?

Well you are using acids on your skin. If you find they are working for you and getting rid of the blackheads then you can reduce the % acid you are using on your skin to get rid of the blackheads but not disturb the skin. Using a stronger moisturiser, like those formulated for dry skin/eczema, should also help.

Well you are using acids on your skin. If you find they are working for you and getting rid of the blackheads then you can reduce the % acid you are using on your skin to get rid of the blackheads but not disturb the skin. Using a stronger moisturiser, like those formulated for dry skin/eczema, should also help.

I second that. Sometimes a lower % can be just as effective, and less drying.

How many times are you using these products per day, and in what way are you using them? You could also try cutting down applications to say one every other day or something. Or taking a break every 3 days.