Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BizzyButFocused

How Many Are You Pleased With Accutane So Far?

So it does not matter how long your into your accutane course, a week, a month, 3 months, 6 months, post accutane, it does not matter!! Simple Question: Are you satisfied with your results from accutane thus far? For me I'm about 2 months in and I'd say my skin is getting better and smoother and scars are SLOWLY fading, and I've had minimal side effects, so I'd have to say I'm pretty satisfied with accutane thus far.

day 15,

thus far...i think im pretty happy with it.

the sides of my mouth broke out a bit, but im really drying out.

i can definitely feel the drug working, which is good :)

I really dont mind moisturizing areas that dont have pimples, but i hate putting it on these zits, so I dont, and I get all peely haha.

I just hope it will clear me up soon so I can moisturize all over...but im willing to wait as long as it takes.

after all...its only 6 months

I'm in day 60 now... and its going superbly...

I was getting VERY BAD joint/back pain... but its subsided with drinking lots of water, i think... and being generally healthy.

I did have a nasty virus a year and a half ago, (viral arthritis) which left me with bad joints anyhow, so i guess it was a combination of the two, i always hav a little niggle here n there, but c'est la vie?!

I do get VERY DRY lips, and have cuts in the side of them through the drug BUT

MY SKIN IS VERY CLEAR! i hadnt had a spot for ages, until yesterday, i have two, but meh... i think its cuz of hormonal imbalance due to girly things :P

but over-all, side effects, minimum to having nice skin.

:)

Im on day 60 something and although Ive had a couple of breakouts (the worst one happening 9 days ago and only just finished) I'd say Im fairly content. Although the results are not as good I was hoping for at this stage, I must admit during the Quiet periods (the time in between breakouts) I have been getting less spots

I'm thrilled with it! I'm only on week 3, but I've seen such an improvement and have been liberated from the oily skin. I know some rough break-outs, dry skin and other side effects are still ahead of me. But my skin looks so much better at this stage that it gives me hope for the rest of the treatment.

I am 4 months post tane and I couldn't be happier. I had pretty bad cystic acne on both sides of my face and I must say, last year was a pretty depressing year. I was not happy when I was taken off accutane because I thought my face could use another month or two on it. It was tough at first because the scars were soooo visible and the redmarks were pretty bad.

4 months later, the scars are better but still there. I suspect they won't go away completely but where they are at right now is good enough for me. Also, the redmarks have gone from a dark red color to a light red. Definite improvement.

Accutane was a roller-coaster ride for me. So many ups and downs but in the end, it's so worth it.

I've been on Accutane for close to 3 months now (83 days) and I'm very satisfied with the results so far. My initial breakout was the most horrible thing to ever happen to my face, I actually missed close to a month of school because of it. After that it's been (and hopefully continues to be) smooth sailing.

All I have is dry skin and dry lips. I can cover up the dry skin with moisturizer but I'm stuck with the dry lips because nothing works for them.

I'm happy I went on Accutane.

I began my accutane regimen in september and haven't really observed the benefits until now. I think I would've gotten results more quickly if I had been able to take it twice a day as instructed. I stopped accutane for about a total of 3 weeks within the past few months because of the intense headaches and nausea I endured. I have about a month and a week left of pills and I can't wait to finish them. I have always been a picker, so right now I'm just dealing with the red marks and haven't had any new blemishes for a while. My advice: DON'T PICK and make sure you take your pills as instructed. I have also found that reducing my sugar and salt intake has helped reduce my inflammation a substantial amount.

been a long time since i posted, but i just finished my 5th month (1more to go) and my face is completey clear- and i only have 1 tiny red mark.

accutane has been one of the best desicions of my life

I've been on it for 42 days and I'm really liking my results so far. I've had little side effects and my skin has been getting gradually clearer. My family and friends have started to compliment me! I am incredibly pleased with my treatment so far and wish I would have gone on it years ago.

i have been off of tane for about 8 months.my breakouts stopped around the fourth month and i have been clear ever since.i would do it again in a heartbeat!i could kick myself for being so scared to try it and for waiting so long.its was definally worth the dry skin, cracked lips, and all those damm blood tests.im sooo pleased with my results.

I'm currently on day 81 of accutane and I must admit that so far, I am not pleased with the results. I still get at least one new inflamed whitehead every day (which usually end up breaking while I sleep), and the remarks are cumulatively getting worse and worse. Redmarks and scars I've had for 4+ months have not faded in the least bit. This is very depressing and I can't wait to get off this drug as it is currently making my skin look like crap. If this doesn't work, I'll be lost.

I'm currently on day 81 of accutane and I must admit that so far, I am not pleased with the results. I still get at least one new inflamed whitehead every day (which usually end up breaking while I sleep), and the remarks are cumulatively getting worse and worse. Redmarks and scars I've had for 4+ months have not faded in the least bit. This is very depressing and I can't wait to get off this drug as it is currently making my skin look like crap. If this doesn't work, I'll be lost.

hey, i started roaccutane in feb 07 and was on it 4 months, about 3 months in my acne stopped and i was merely left with the marks, however i spent a good few weeks in the sun that summer an it cleared my skin perfectly, i was clear a few months and it came back so im on my 2nd course which is goin well im 4 weeks in and hav had a few breakouts but thats all gotta happen i spose, roaccutane is the greatest drug! id be bummed if i didnt kno my skin wud be clear in a few months but im confident it wil be cus iv been through this last year, hopefully it'l clear for good this time

ROACCUTANE=THE BOMB!

I've been on Accutane since September. I'm pleased with the result so far as far as acne is concerned. But red marks... They're driving me crazy. My face looks worse no when all zits are gone... I'm thinking about buying vitamin E oil? Has anyone tried it?

I am only about two weeks in and I have no actives left! I have a couple of redmarks I am trying to clear up and with the right mosturizer and OTC topical I picked up they are slowly fading. I only had mild noudle acne so I only went on a small dosage (40 mg). I figure by the time summer roles around I will have perfect skin for the first time in 7 - 8 years.

im in month 6 with an option on month 7 and i think i should be on accutane packages so they can say "SEE LOOK HOW WELL IT WORKED" for serious check out the log for pictures.

I'm on my second month right now, and I absolutely regret not going on it earlier. it would have saved a lot of scarring/ orange peel skin. The drying was bad for two to three weeks, and after that, I'm enjoying "normal" skin, the kind that feels neither dry or oily. If my acne comes back after I finish, I'm sure it will be more managable.