Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest wickedaznguy

90% clear within 2.5 weeks

Guest wickedaznguy

Hey guys I like to share my story. Last year around june-august i was 100% clear. I was quite unsure what had made me clear because I was using many product and supplement at the same time. Then after august I started working nightshift which then I started to break out horribly. I figure oh well these products stopped working. So then about 3 weeks ago I started to think I had the clearest skin I had ever had for the past 2 year which was last year between june-august. Than I remembered. I was using benzoyl peroxide as a spot treatment and I was also taking acidophilus and at the same time and I was doing construction sweating 10 hours straight. Then I recall that it was mainly acidophilus that I was taking but what had made it stopped in the past was that when I ran out. And bought a new one. What I did not know what that the new bottle I purchased was 10 months expired acidophilus. Recently I went back on a acidophilus from gnc. I take 4 billion bacteria a day which is about the most you can take. I take 2 in the morning and two at night. And simply at night I was my face with cetaphil and spot treat with 10% benzoyl peroxide. I do not wash my face in the morning. I figure hey the more I wash my face the more Ill irritate it. So to sum it up guys.

-4 billion acidophilus. 2 billion morning and 2 billion at night

-wash face with cetaphil once at night and spot treat with 10% benzoyl peroxide

-do not wash face in the morning just at night

-Oh and i have been drinking alot of red bull and monster drink

That's all guys! hope this will help someone.

I just started taking acidophilus not too long ago. In the liquid form, you can get as high as 50 billion or more. I don't think capsules have that though. I take Bio-K Plus, it comes in a minimum of 6 bottles per case. I take half a bottle per day which gives me 25 billion. It's also expensive especially for 12 days worth but it might be worth it. I'm on day 4 I think....

Congrats with your success, that's great news!

Wicked, PLEASE Try adding vitamin D to see if it gets you to 100% clear and let me know.

You went from working in the sun in Summer to working nights.. and it being Winter means you aren't getting enough vitamin D.

I have been doing exhaustive (and exhausting) research on vitamin D. I am certainly deficient and started supplementing yesterday and many people probably are deficient in the Winter (especially the Northern latitudes: Canada, UK, Nordic countries). In researching, I see alot of functions of vitamin D (besides the commonly known calcium/bone link) that relate to acne.

I am just starting my test using it and will let everybody know how it goes.....but you are a great candidate as well, because unless you are already supplementing, there is NO WAY you are getting enough vitamin D (it only comes from sun exposure or supplementing via vitamin supplement, fish oil or some other foods that contain it). There is not enough in fortified milk to really help the problem, unless you drink several quarts per day. I am NOT currently taking fish oil because it also contains vitamin A. A and D share some receptors. I want to test the vitamin D without any interference so I can see if it and it alone helps. (I also had nice skin in the Summer and the only difference between then and now was the sun, and where I was staying having different water source.)

Anyway, hope you'll try this and get back with me!

Here comes the Taurine...

From one scenario there are 4 different conclusions. The original poster says it's probiotics, someone says it was the exercise, someone vitamin D, and another the taurine in the red bull. Dan should make an acne.org board game in the style of Clue. Something killed acne and you must find out what did it. It was taurine, in the redbull, during winter! :lol:

Guest wickedaznguy
Here comes the Taurine...

From one scenario there are 4 different conclusions. The original poster says it's probiotics, someone says it was the exercise, someone vitamin D, and another the taurine in the red bull. Dan should make an acne.org board game in the style of Clue. Something killed acne and you must find out what did it. It was taurine, in the redbull, during winter! :lol:

You have to take the amount of bacteria on probiotics labels with a grain of salt. Nothing is regulating that number, they can literally say whatever amount they like. It's good to go to a site like consumer labs that actually tests these products to see if they hold up their claims, otherwise you may be wasting money (the super expensive ones are not always best).

I have a questino about redbull :

If there's taurine it it and that's supposed to be good for you, how about the caffeine content of the drink? Won't that break you out?

It;s like Taurine effects get countered by caffeine and sugar or something.

Help me understand this redbull thing I've been reading quite a few times on here

Hey guys,

Acidophilus stopped my breakouts too!! I've been taking Acidophilus for a little over two weeks now and I've only had ONE pimple since then :dance: It's the acidophilus!! I'm not taking any other supplements besides OptiZinc, which I've been taking for a while now.

I think anyone who has fallen prey to the "anti-biotic cure all" from doctors could benefit by trying this. In other words: if you've taken alot of antibiotics in the past (for acne, for example), then adding probiotics like this to your diet could be the first (and last) thing you need to do to fix things.

OMG. BEST REPLY EVAH!!!!! :lol:

man if i drank alotta red bull and monster drinks..the sugar and caffiene would surely ruin me....i cant believe theres even enough taurine in a red bull to do any serious benefit..i bet if the original poster cut out the large quantities of those 2 drinks, the skin would really improve!

but in all honesty, i wish i could pound those drinks down! :wacko:

i looked into it and ended up ordering iflora, it has 16 strains of probiotics and the only review which dates back to 2005 said it had most of them alive when they arrived

I don't think it was the acidophilus mainly. It could have contributed, but I'd say the physical exercise/construction (10 hours sweating, outside? daytime/sun exposure?) that cleared the skin. I've seen it in myself as well.