Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BarbWire

milk's affect on acne

hi everyone, I have been suffering from acne for about a year and a half and was wondering if milk had an impact on acne. I hope it does not because I am on a bulking diet and milk is a big factor. If milk is a factor in acne does anyone know if soy milk will work for bulking?

I wouldn't drink too much soy milk if you're a guy. Almond milk is good, though it is a lot lower calorie, so you'd have to use a whole lot more of it--and it tends to cost more.

I am lactose intolerant and I break out from milk. Milk is actually a common food acne sufferers breakout from. I tried soy mlk from trader joes once and I thought it was disgusting. Who knows, you might like it. I didnt though. I took one sip and threw the rest away

hi everyone, I have been suffering from acne for about a year and a half and was wondering if milk had an impact on acne. I hope it does not because I am on a bulking diet and milk is a big factor. If milk is a factor in acne does anyone know if soy milk will work for bulking?

I have a glass of chocolate soy milk with dinner, often times. It is awesome. Haven't had any breakouts, but then I've also been on Accutane.

I have a glass of chocolate soy milk with dinner, often times. It is awesome. Haven't had any breakouts, but then I've also been on Accutane.

if youre trying to bulk, then cow's milk is the best by far... no other milk is a substitute, its not even close.

if youre worried about clearing acne, then milk seems to be a high risk drink. When I was doing some bulking over the summer, I usually had oatmeal for breakfast, a tuna sandwhich with lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, onions, with mustard on whole grain bread with a protein bar, and a dinner usually balanced with 1 meat, 1 carb, and 1 vegetable portion. I drank a protein drink once or twice a day. I dont know how much bigger I looked, a couple people told me I looked bigger/better, but I know that my bench shot up doing that (but at the same time, I hadn't lifted the previous month, and I had just started a new protein powder that I now love).

Soy contains estrogens and lowers testosterone levels so its not really good if your trying to bulk...

read about it on t-nation http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=459861

Please don't cite that article. =(

It's just really biased, but I generally like the stuff on t-nation.

OP: There's a good chance that pasteurized milk is bad for your acne. If you think it is, you can try unpasteurized milk. If unpasteurized milk is illegal where you live, get Lactaid, or another milk that's been fortified with the lactase enzyme, thus making the lactose in the milk digest itself, making milk a non-culprit. You should also be able to tolerate cheese and yogurt just fine: cheese is very very low in lactose, and yogurt also helps digest itself.

Three years ago, I went from consuming absolutely no dairy to a great deal. I developed very large, painful pustules around the chin/jawline area, typical of hormonal acne (there are hormones in milk!).

I, myself, would like to be physically stronger (I am a male) for sport etc but I refuse to have protein shakes (because of the effects on my skin). Perhaps the dairy thing doesn't affect you?? If so, I guess you can drink up.

Just be wary.

Soy contains estrogens and lowers testosterone levels so its not really good if your trying to bulk...

read about it on t-nation http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=459861

Please don't cite that article. =(

It's just really biased, but I generally like the stuff on t-nation.

OP: There's a good chance that pasteurized milk is bad for your acne. If you think it is, you can try unpasteurized milk. If unpasteurized milk is illegal where you live, get Lactaid, or another milk that's been fortified with the lactase enzyme, thus making the lactose in the milk digest itself, making milk a non-culprit. You should also be able to tolerate cheese and yogurt just fine: cheese is very very low in lactose, and yogurt also helps digest itself.

I don't think milk causes acne, but I think it can aggravate it if something in your body is a bit off balance and you are suffering from acne. This is different for everyone though. If you have an allergy or sensitivity to milk then it's probably more likely to aggravate your acne.

When my body was working well and my skin was clear for years, I drank milk every day without any problems. I stopped drinking it when I got acne last year ...I'm not sure if it really made a difference but hey, the oat and rice milk I have as alternatives are a little healthier than something that's made for calves :)