Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi, has anyone used Skinceutical products? what do you think of them? I have just come off my second course of Roaccutane and after my last course I tried to keep it simple and cheap by using Neutrogena and Garnier products that my derm had suggested as she has the theory that cheap products are just as good as expensive brands. I am not so sure, or at least I must have been using the wrong ones as my skin went crazy agin and I ended up back on Roaccutane. This time I am thinking of going for more expensive brands recommended by Beauticians as by keeping my skin really healthy from the beginning (i.e.not using products that strip it etc.) I may keep the dreaded zits from building up!!!! I used to use Skinceuticals years ago and loved them but it was expensive so I stopped. I am more financially secure now though so thought I would give it another go. Just wanted to see what other acne sufferers had experienced with them.

I recently started using their Hydrating B5 serum. I realllly like it as a moisturizer. I've also used their facewash - Simply Clean. I liked it too, but it became a little too drying once I started using Renova.

i really like their sunscreen, as it does not make my face look all white and pasty. In terms of acne control, did you have success with Retin A or Tazorac?

No I have tried EVERYTHING with only ill effects. Only Roacutane seems to work for me, and Eryacne gel for small pimples. I have totally clear skin at the moment and I just want to use some 'good' products to keep my skin as healthy as possible so as to minimize the possibility of a relapse again. I can't keep going on Roaccutane (though I'd like to) as it is a pretty full on drug, so I hopefully won't need to.

No I have tried EVERYTHING with only ill effects. Only Roacutane seems to work for me, and Eryacne gel for small pimples. I have totally clear skin at the moment and I just want to use some 'good' products to keep my skin as healthy as possible so as to minimize the possibility of a relapse again. I can't keep going on Roaccutane (though I'd like to) as it is a pretty full on drug, so I hopefully won't need to.

i see, well if i remember correctly from reading their catalog a while back, most of their "acne-control products" are all retin based. So if you did not have success with Retin A or Tazorac, I'm not sure how well Skinceutical products will work for as far as controlling breakouts. But I guess it's always worth a shot. Ask for some free samples first before buying anything. I got some free sample sunscreens before I actually purchased it.