Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
~ Honey ~

Hormonel Acne

i have noticed, that no mather how strict i am with my diet, and even though my skin does clear up, it gets bad in a specific period of the month, that makes me question if my acne is hormonel. yet those break outs aren't that bad like they used to be, my whiteheads do get inflammed, and i know that it can't be from something i ate, because i have a strong will, and i don't let in for cravings... any one other noticed this?? so can hormonel acne be cured by diet and holistics??

right now my skin is getting kinda bad again. and i don't know why.. i have just started the taurine, so i don't count with that.. but could it be that i've dropped my daily ACV, or that i react to seeds? cause i've been eating them latley.. oh and yes, i drank a cup of black coffee today ( with sweetners) , im trying really hard to find out what the missing link is, so i can avoid it. :doh:

I'm in the same boat, unfortunately. Do you keep track of everything you put in your body? I think all of us with hormonal acne problems should share our logs and triggers vs. things that help us get clear, because hormonal acne is absolutely HORRIBLE. I keep track of my intake on http://www.thedailyplate.com which gives a great overlook of everything I put in my body + medications + exercise, and you can write little journal entries, including how you're feeling, when you ate what, how your skin is doing, etc. and then it breaks down your calorie %'s for you (carbs, fat, protein, fiber, etc....)

I really wish acne didn't exist. Lamest natural occurrence that could ever occur.

oh thanks! what a great idea! i never keep track of what i eat, even though i know, cause my diet is pretty limted. the only thing i keep track of is my menstruation, but i haven't done that in realition to acne. im definitly going to do that. but how is your hormonel acne? i mean when does it occure?

Poor food choices which stimulate your brain put hormones into overdrive. DON'T EVER believe your diet is full proof & healthy i.e I see tuna is in your sig. Tuna contains some of the highest concentration levels of mercury & dioxin in the world, most fish really. Personally speaking, when I cleaned up my diet it controlled my hormones, my acne diminished as a result. I certainly wasn't into girls as much and sex certainly felt less appealing. But my acne had gone & that is all I was bothered about, not scarring.

People don't see acne as a blessing in disguise. I'm heeps healthier because of it & so would everyone else with a bit of research into finding there cure (Diet, lifestyle & hygiene).

hmm.. i haven't had tuna in weeks now, i mostly eat samon and makrell. but right now i have got a inflamed acne, and its the 21 day of my cycle (im supposed to get my period tomorrow)

but it could also be other factors :doh: yet i'm pretty sure that this inflamed pimple that i got on my chin is cause of my period... :S

Your nutrition (but also physical activity and other lifestyle factor like sleeping, fresh air, water ...) have a lot to do with your hormones. Food influences hormones and the system devoted to the synthesis and production of hormones. Food can make the difference between balanced hormonal output or roller coaster crazy hormonal output.

i know that =) but what im saying is that the worse acne is gone (witch i've acived by the right diet) what's remaing on my face is some red marks, and then i get some inflamed bumps once a month , that's why i think it might be hormonel. the one thats inflamed now, was just a whitehead days ago, and then al of a sudden it tured red and painful. and i can't figure out what or why it did, cause i have been doing almost everything right (that i think works for me)

and taking my taurine and the other supps. and avoind almost al kinds of suger. so i don't see the connection. ooh.. and i drank last weekend(on friday), but the zit didn't inflame until yesterday(wednesday) that couldn't be the reason right..??

but is there any food or drink (like teas) that i sould take to 'calm' the hormones down once a month? ooh.. and does sex have a bad impact on acne?

Yeah it is hormonal but the solution is still a right diet and lifestyle.

It might take time. Try to tweak your diet, drink more, exercise, walk, take a lot of fresh air and have some contact with nature at least once a week (pack packing, pic-nic, camping ...)

Also use techniques to reduce stress like breathing, meditation or listening to soothing music.

Laugh and watch things that make you laugh.

Sleep at least 7-8 hours mostly at night and expose yourself to light in the morning.

Don't drink alcohol and wait because years and years of dietary abuses leave the body systems so impaired that it takes time to fix things. In fact when you're dealing with hormonal systems and diet (i.e. decreasing insulun resistance, healing burned out adrenals, stopping rushes of adrenalin, inreasing melatonin and serotonin production) it might even get worse at the beginnin and it is a sign that some profound healing is occurring. For example crazy reactive blood sugars gets way lot crazier when they're being healed. When such acutization begins you know you're on your own to healing. Just be patient and relax.

Hormonal acne can be cured by diet. What do you think causes the hormone imbalance in the first place? I'll tell you, it's too much insulin in your blood.

What kind of a strict diet are you eating? Just because you have eliminated junk doesn't mean you are eating the right things for clear skin. For instance, I noticed in your signature you say you are avoiding wheat but still eat whole grain bread, which contains wheat. If most of your calories come from carbohydrates you will still have too much insulin in your blood, and you will have a harder time getting clear.

Hormonal acne can be cured by diet. What do you think causes the hormone imbalance in the first place? I'll tell you, it's too much insulin in your blood.

What kind of a strict diet are you eating? Just because you have eliminated junk doesn't mean you are eating the right things for clear skin. For instance, I noticed in your signature you say you are avoiding wheat but still eat whole grain bread, which contains wheat. If most of your calories come from carbohydrates you will still have too much insulin in your blood, and you will have a harder time getting clear.

Yeah it is hormonal but the solution is still a right diet and lifestyle.

It might take time. Try to tweak your diet, drink more, exercise, walk, take a lot of fresh air and have some contact with nature at least once a week (pack packing, pic-nic, camping ...)

Also use techniques to reduce stress like breathing, meditation or listening to soothing music.

Laugh and watch things that make you laugh.

Sleep at least 7-8 hours mostly at night and expose yourself to light in the morning.

Don't drink alcohol and wait because years and years of dietary abuses leave the body systems so impaired that it takes time to fix things. In fact when you're dealing with hormonal systems and diet (i.e. decreasing insulun resistance, healing burned out adrenals, stopping rushes of adrenalin, inreasing melatonin and serotonin production) it might even get worse at the beginnin and it is a sign that some profound healing is occurring. For example crazy reactive blood sugars gets way lot crazier when they're being healed. When such acutization begins you know you're on your own to healing. Just be patient and relax.