Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Broadwaylife

Colon cleanse, good. Cyst, bad.

About a week ago I began a colon cleanse using Oxy-Powder. I hope I'm not jinxing myself by writing this, but my skin has not looked better in a LONG time. I have no active pimples, and only two tiny new ones surfaced over the course of the week. Areas of my face that consistently break out are finally healing (I have a lot of residual red spots, but they'll fade in time). As of now, I STRONGLY recommend this product. I'll write more in a few weeks about my progress, in the hopes that it will keep working.

The only thing that won't go away is a large, stubborn, reddish-purple cyst on my cheek, that surfaced the day before I started the cleanse. Any advice on how to accelerate the healing process? I usually don't get such deep cysts, so I don't know how to treat it. So far I've crushed up some Aleve and made it into a paste, but it didn't help the inflammation. I'm also coating it with SA and BP daily, and was thinking about trying apple cider vinegar.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I also have to add that I've drastically changed my diet for the past month (went from lots of junk food to 5-6 servings of fruits/veggies a day, eating lots of whole grains and fish), I'm working out every other day, and I'm taking lots of vitamins/supplements. I'm convinced that this, paired with the cleanse, is what has helped my skin (and my body and energy levels) the most. Antibiotics and topicals did absolutely nothing. Yay holistic healing.