Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Good Morning Guys,

Can anyone tell me when I can get a tatoo? I havebeen off Accutane since about 1st November 2007. Am I supposed to wait 6 months?

Any help/advice appreciated

Thanks

Sam

You should wait six months after your last Accutane pill, according to the literature. One should wait at least six months before any invasive procedure (invasive meaning breaking the skin or entering the body). It is too high a risk for a purely cosmetic procedure. Wait until you know your skin will heal properly and not give you a scar rather than a tattoo.

I had emergency surgery on my knee due to a sports injury. I had to stop Accutane only four days or so before the surgery and was not allowed to restart at all afterwards due to the incredibly slow healing of the knee. It STILL hurts, 11 years later. Don't risk it.

You should wait six months after your last Accutane pill, according to the literature. One should wait at least six months before any invasive procedure (invasive meaning breaking the skin or entering the body). It is too high a risk for a purely cosmetic procedure. Wait until you know your skin will heal properly and not give you a scar rather than a tattoo.

I had emergency surgery on my knee due to a sports injury. I had to stop Accutane only four days or so before the surgery and was not allowed to restart at all afterwards due to the incredibly slow healing of the knee. It STILL hurts, 11 years later. Don't risk it.

Thanks alot will do.

Bah! Six months?

I was wanting to get tattoos as close to my 18th birthday as possible... my birthday is in six days.

Oh well, I guess I can wait. I'm getting two sick tattoos. I'm getting my family's Latin motto around my wrist (which is cool because it'll match my sister's) and my family's Gaelic war cry below my collarbone.

Yeah... I'm Scottish as hell.

I was actually considering getting a drunken bachelorette party tattoo this weekend! Glad I didn't! Not only drinking, but a tattoo also?? My derm would kill me lol.