Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Smokeyjay

Ice method

I've been having success with this method.

Its recommended by Dr. James fulton-the guy who made Retin-A and BP.

Interestingly enough, he also recommends zinc and to avoid a high glycemic diet in a book dated in the early 90s. But he doesn't believe that diet is a good indicator of acne nor is chocolate.

Anyways, basically to ice your face for 2 minutes. It reduces inflammation which helps my pimples from becoming bigger. Also allows for better penetration of any topical medicine you are using. I've noticed an improvement the next day.

Basically I use a bag with ice and just parts of my face for 2 minutes. I've had success with this method that I try doing this twice a day now. I wash my face after because I fear a dirty bag...

The redness/swollen look of acne is due to an over active inflammatory response. I find that icing it helps.

BEWARE OF ICE STICKING TO YOUR FACE. THIS HAPPENED TO ME ONCE AND I HAD TO SLOWLY MELT IT AWAY WITH WARM WATER slowly.

Ice is most assuredly anti-inflammatory. Many estheticians recommend icing the entire face twice a day prior to applying medications. Also see link in my signature for icing method to reduce individual lesions. :)