Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JamROck

Accidental Cure with odd side effects

First off i am a 20 yr old male, who has had moderate acne since high school.

Alright so I managed to stumble across a cure that completely cured my acne. I purchased the Nature's Cure homeopathic acne tablets for men which come with a benzoyal peroxide (which i didn't use), started to swallow one tablet with water before i went to sleep, and one in the morning. I also was using a different benzoyal peroxide with a cleanser much like DK's regimen. After about a week my acne began to subside, after a couple weeks i was clearer than i've ever been. I mean clear. The BP helped but i didn't even really need it and sometimes i forget to wash a day or two.

Slowly i began to notice the side effects. Gradually i noticed that my libido was gone, even though i was still attracted to women still, i couldn't translate that into anything of physical usefullness. This culminated with a very embarissing situation with a beautiful girl, that pushed me to stop taking these stupid tablets. Of course my acne came right back within a week. After months of trying other regimens I decided to try the Nature's Curse way again, thinking maybe it was a fluke, as expected my acne disappeared and my manhood was rendered useless.

Now i've stopped taking them which has made my acne come back with a vegence resulting in som cysts for the first time, and i cannot get clear like i was. I went to a derm and they put me on Ceptra and differen(night) and BP(mornings). So far it sucks but its only been a week.

The WIERD thing is the instructions for the tablets say you should chew them not swallow with water, but when i did that nothing happened at all. I know that sounds ridicioulus as they are getting absorbed either way but i swear i tried for weeks chewing them up and nothing happened. So i figure that it has something to do with my hormones, specifically testosterone, is there any way i can address this without the side effect? Any thoughts..feedback? Sorry its such a long post..

Heres a link to what tablets i'm talking about.

[removed]

They're homeopathic so maybe you could order some more from the company but ask them to send you the ones that don't give people libido problems. Might work.

I'm confused. When you say you lost your Libido, do you mean you've lost your desire for sex (which it usually means I think) or you just can't get it up because you don't desire it? Either way, fuck that. At least with acne you have some chance of getting laid ;)

Here's some info on the ingredients in the "for males" supplement from the Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database (evidence-based information on supplements and other natural medicines):

Calendula Officinalis - used to initiate menstrual periods, among other things. Likely safe. Sufficient evidence for effectiveness in any of its uses is lacking.

Hydrastis canadensis - menorrhagia and dysmenorrhea, among others. "Possibly safe when used orally and appropriately, short term." Sufficient evidence for effectiveness is lacking.

Juglans regia - used for hypercholesterolemia, as well as skin disorders. Likely safe when consumed in amounts normally found in foods, insufficient data available on its safety when used as medicine. Possibly effective against coronary artery disease and hypercholesterolemia, no information available on its effectiveness otherwise.

Antimonium Crudum - no info available, unless this is "vegetable antimony," which is possibly unsafe due to liver toxicity

Echinacea angustifolia - used as immunostimulant, likely safe short-term with insufficient evidence for long-term safety, possibly effective against common cold and vaginal candidiasis

Ledum palustre - used as an abortifacient, among other things. "Likely unsafe when large amounts are used orally to try to cause abortion (2). The essential oil of marsh tea causes severe gastrointestinal (GI) tract irritation, kidneys and urinary tract damage, and central nervous system (CNS) excitation followed by paralysis (2). There is insufficient reliable information available about the safety of marsh tea for its other uses." Insufficient evidence for effectiveness.

Orchitinum (glandular) - no info available unless this is "orchic extract," which is used to maintain healthy testicular function. "There is insufficient reliable information available about the safety of orchic extract. However, since orchic extract preparations are derived from animals, there is concern about contamination with diseased animal parts (1825). So far, there are no reports of disease transmission to humans due to use of contaminated orchic extract." Insufficient info on effectiveness.

Sarsaparilla - used mostly for skin conditions. "LIKELY SAFE ...when used orally in amounts commonly found in foods. Sarsaparilla has Generally Recognized As Safe status (GRAS) for use in foods in the US (4912). POSSIBLY SAFE ...when used orally and appropriately for medicinal purposes (12). POSSIBLY UNSAFE ...when used in excessive amounts; gastrointestinal (GI) irritation may occur due to its saponin constituents (4). " Insufficient evidence for effectiveness.

Hepar Sulfuris Calcareum - No information available, although it's probably just a calcium supplement, which has not been shown to help acne but is probably safe.

Carbo Vegetabilis - Used for poisoning. Likely safe when used orally and short-term. Can cause constipation, black stools, and electrolyte abnormalities. Effective against poisoning (it's activated charcoal), but has not been shown to help with acne.

Cimifuga racemosa - used for symptoms of menopause, inducing labor in pregnant women, premenstrual syndrome (PMS), dysmenorrhea, nervous tension, dyspepsia, rheumatism, fever, sore throat, cough, as an insect repellent, and as a mild sedative. Possibly safe. Possibly effective against menopausal symptoms. "Can cause gastrointestinal upset . Other potential adverse effects include rash, headache, dizziness, weight gain, feeling of heaviness in the legs, cramping, breast tenderness, and vaginal spotting or bleeding" Potentially estrogen-like effects could be causing your loss of libido.

Graphites - no information available.

I didn't look at the ingredients for the female preparation, but given how many of these ingredients were listed as unsafe during pregnancy and lactation, I would definitely advise women to use caution when considering these products.

None of the ingredients had "erectile dysfunction" or "libido loss" listed as adverse effects. Ironically, only one or two of these ingredients have traditionally been used for skin problems or acne. I really don't know where the manufacturers came up with this combination. If it's causing you an actual medical problem, though, quit taking it and talk to a dermatologist about your acne.

I'm confused. When you say you lost your Libido, do you mean you've lost your desire for sex (which it usually means I think) or you just can't get it up because you don't desire it? Either way, fuck that. At least with acne you have some chance of getting laid ;)

The reason Nature's cure may be working for you is that it helps with yeast overgrowth. Which is basically a sign that you need to treat your candida problems. Antibiotics may actually make your acne worse.

Here's some info on the ingredients in the "for males" supplement from the Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database (evidence-based information on supplements and other natural medicines):

Calendula Officinalis - used to initiate menstrual periods, among other things. Likely safe. Sufficient evidence for effectiveness in any of its uses is lacking.

Hydrastis canadensis - menorrhagia and dysmenorrhea, among others. "Possibly safe when used orally and appropriately, short term." Sufficient evidence for effectiveness is lacking.

Juglans regia - used for hypercholesterolemia, as well as skin disorders. Likely safe when consumed in amounts normally found in foods, insufficient data available on its safety when used as medicine. Possibly effective against coronary artery disease and hypercholesterolemia, no information available on its effectiveness otherwise.

Antimonium Crudum - no info available, unless this is "vegetable antimony," which is possibly unsafe due to liver toxicity

Echinacea angustifolia - used as immunostimulant, likely safe short-term with insufficient evidence for long-term safety, possibly effective against common cold and vaginal candidiasis

Ledum palustre - used as an abortifacient, among other things. "Likely unsafe when large amounts are used orally to try to cause abortion (2). The essential oil of marsh tea causes severe gastrointestinal (GI) tract irritation, kidneys and urinary tract damage, and central nervous system (CNS) excitation followed by paralysis (2). There is insufficient reliable information available about the safety of marsh tea for its other uses." Insufficient evidence for effectiveness.

Orchitinum (glandular) - no info available unless this is "orchic extract," which is used to maintain healthy testicular function. "There is insufficient reliable information available about the safety of orchic extract. However, since orchic extract preparations are derived from animals, there is concern about contamination with diseased animal parts (1825). So far, there are no reports of disease transmission to humans due to use of contaminated orchic extract." Insufficient info on effectiveness.

Sarsaparilla - used mostly for skin conditions. "LIKELY SAFE ...when used orally in amounts commonly found in foods. Sarsaparilla has Generally Recognized As Safe status (GRAS) for use in foods in the US (4912). POSSIBLY SAFE ...when used orally and appropriately for medicinal purposes (12). POSSIBLY UNSAFE ...when used in excessive amounts; gastrointestinal (GI) irritation may occur due to its saponin constituents (4). " Insufficient evidence for effectiveness.

Hepar Sulfuris Calcareum - No information available, although it's probably just a calcium supplement, which has not been shown to help acne but is probably safe.

Carbo Vegetabilis - Used for poisoning. Likely safe when used orally and short-term. Can cause constipation, black stools, and electrolyte abnormalities. Effective against poisoning (it's activated charcoal), but has not been shown to help with acne.

Cimifuga racemosa - used for symptoms of menopause, inducing labor in pregnant women, premenstrual syndrome (PMS), dysmenorrhea, nervous tension, dyspepsia, rheumatism, fever, sore throat, cough, as an insect repellent, and as a mild sedative. Possibly safe. Possibly effective against menopausal symptoms. "Can cause gastrointestinal upset . Other potential adverse effects include rash, headache, dizziness, weight gain, feeling of heaviness in the legs, cramping, breast tenderness, and vaginal spotting or bleeding" Potentially estrogen-like effects could be causing your loss of libido.

Graphites - no information available.

I didn't look at the ingredients for the female preparation, but given how many of these ingredients were listed as unsafe during pregnancy and lactation, I would definitely advise women to use caution when considering these products.

None of the ingredients had "erectile dysfunction" or "libido loss" listed as adverse effects. Ironically, only one or two of these ingredients have traditionally been used for skin problems or acne. I really don't know where the manufacturers came up with this combination. If it's causing you an actual medical problem, though, quit taking it and talk to a dermatologist about your acne.

nature's cure eh? that's very interesting that it did that. but actually I'd stick with the acne. Your screwed without the "mojo"

Hi all,

I chanced upon this thread while looking for something else and cant help adding my 2 bits. Have been practicing homeopathy for almost 20 years as an amateur. When you choose to pick a preparation like 'nature's cure...', I would assume it is usually a combination therapy with multiple ingredients. It is true there are remedies in homeopathy that could cause a loss in libido and the particular preparation you used could have one such component. It may be advised to use the services of a homeopathic practitioner or alternately you could try abchomeopathy.com - they have an online remedy finder and an online shopping tool.

Also advise 'single use' for most remedies unlike conventional medicine where you would have '3 pills a day for 7 days'; use a dose of homeopathy and watch over the next few days to see improvement in condition. Most important in homeopathy is not to take any food or drink an hour before/ after the dose for best effect as the remedy is extremely dilute and very easily neutralized by any trace of spice, ginger, garlic, onion, toothpaste, tobacco etc.

Thanks for letting me write my 2 bits.

Ray