Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dman20

Just thought I would throw in another option for those who are running out!

Hey guys, wassup I'm an 18 year old male and still in high school. As you all know, high school is where all the skin issues start happening and it drives everyone crazy! After trying a billion products on my skin I have finally found the simplest, yet the most effective treatment and it's all I need. All I do is use Dove sensitive skin soap twice a day! It's unscented so it is not irritating like the other scented soaps and it works for all skin types. This soap isn't really advertised to kill acne, but it does a great job at it!!! Out of all the anti-acne kits and medicines I've tried this is by far the best. So for you guys out there who have run out of ideas and have no clue what to use for your skin because nothing is working, I suggest you try this!

That was one of the first soaps I used a couple of years ago when I had a horrific breakout after not breaking out at all for a year. It didnt really help my acne. I have incredibly sensitive skin.

I also almost guarentee if you have really clogged pores, that nothing will really help your acne. You have to find a way to gently exfoliate. A way to know if your pores are clogged is if your face feels "tight" when you get out of the shower. I find that taking a longer shower tends to loosen up the skin and you can gently rub off the dead skin w/out any irritation. I know this because I have experienced almost every kind of skin issue, clogged pores, really red face from product and pretty much everything else. I've really had no help w/ my skin this whole time and I had to find out by myself how to fix my own problem. The dermatologists are terrible around here and don't really know how to fix skin problems. All they do is prescribe, prescribe and prescribe, and never really analyze the problem. Trust me if your skin is totally messed up this is all you have to do for clear skin.

I also almost guarentee if you have really clogged pores, that nothing will really help your acne. You have to find a way to gently exfoliate. A way to know if your pores are clogged is if your face feels "tight" when you get out of the shower. I find that taking a longer shower tends to loosen up the skin and you can gently rub off the dead skin w/out any irritation. I know this because I have experienced almost every kind of skin issue, clogged pores, really red face from product and pretty much everything else. I've really had no help w/ my skin this whole time and I had to find out by myself how to fix my own problem. The dermatologists are terrible around here and don't really know how to fix skin problems. All they do is prescribe, prescribe and prescribe, and never really analyze the problem. Trust me if your skin is totally messed up this is all you have to do for clear skin.

so you guys think this is the most gentle face wash around...im currently using spectro jel, you guys think the dove bar is less irritating?? i still haven't found the best wash ive been getting more and more gentle every time i switch washes

That soap gives me rashes. I used it for the longest time (years) and didn't realize that was where they were coming from. :(

Like I said earlier, soaps, acne kits and everything else will not help unless you unclog your pores and get rid of those flakes! I almost guarentee things will get better if you find a way to do this! The easiest way for me is too take a really long warm shower and wait for my skin to get a little pruny and if it feels like it's tight, than i know that's where my clogged pores are. Than I'll gently rub that spot and see if any white dead skin cells come off and on to my fingers. Once they stop coming off from that spot, than i know that spot is not clogged anymore.