Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

what are good ways to deal with this. its strange how one day ill be perky and the next ill be quite the opposite. please share your advice

so far im trying this:

fish oil tablets

eating as healthy as possible

excercising

things im thinking about trying

keeping the lights in my room as bright as possible

wearing brighter clothes

st johns wort

listen to upbeat music you like, do something you enjoy doing, or just cry and let it all out. Its hard to feel like shit once you've cried for like an hour lol

i've been dealing with depression for about 4 years now, i think exercise really took my mind off of it and improved my general sense of well being. i've stopped exercising recently and have sunk lower.

if you find something that makes you happy, go with it.

if there's nothing, try exercise.

its strange how one day ill be perky and the next ill be quite the opposite.

People with clinical depression tend not to have very happy moods by the day. However, those with bi-polar disorder do. If you suspect you might have a serious mood disorder, forget the supplements and see a therapist.

regarding this post right above mine.... i think its hogwash to say this person could have a serious mood disorder. experiencing bad acne is enough to make anyone feel emotionally, mentally and even physically drained. it is enough to cause damage. the last thing you need is another prescribed drug to help you feel artificially happy. you are fine. you are going through hard and devastating times, but you WILL PULL THROUGH. the right thing to do is, allow yourself to feel low, but learn from those lows each time. study it, accept it and move away from it by the things you do love as you stated. music works for me, but i am a musician so being low actually helps my creative abilities. (go figure eh) ;) exercise is wonderful, and you should stick with it. funny movies help. I recently got a new puppy and she is the light of my world and makes me feel like i have purpose. I have stopped going out as much so she keeps me company :) cooking also makes me happy, and baking (healthy of course). window shopping on ebay, taking baths with a lit candle and incense. going for late night bike rides, when i need fresh air and I dont have to worry about seeing people :). writing to people on message boards with my words of experience, and reading other stories which helps me feel like im not alone in this battle.

there are many things you can do, take it one day at a time and know that your highs and lows are normal and just as long as you keep getting up, you will grow and learn from this, and develop into a person of high integrity and with character to boot :)

i think its hogwash to say this person could have a serious mood disorder.

I just put the thought in as a possibility because of the mood swings Ilovepancakes said he was going through. Acne can happen to anyone, regardless of their mental state.

it is enough to cause damage. the last thing you need is another prescribed drug to help you feel artificially happy.

Having an undiagnosed mood disorder is very damaging, not only to the person who has it, but to their relationships with people within their social network. In addition, certain mood disorders have notable rates of suicide and self-injury.

Drugs prescribed to bi-polar sufferers don't make them "happy." It stabilizestheir mood so they won't go from euphoria to morbid depression within 5 minutes throughout the day. Drugs used to treat mood disorders do not make people "happy". The goal is to allow the person to come back to their normal mood (not depressed, not euphoric, with mood fluctuations that are appropriate for the circumstances).