Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ALVA

Got my first GF, then BAM!! acne..

I dont even know where to begin. I just want to get this off my shoulders becuase i don't want to fall into a depression. I don't want to do things that i'll regret.

Since i was 13, i had severe acne on my face(which left VERY few scars considering how BAD it actually was). Went through high school without a girlfriend and lacked social skills becuase of my shyness(acne really had my selfasteam supressed). I had very few friends(which i think just used me) and just didnt do anything after school becuase of my acne. I was a nobody..

At the age of 19(the year i was really born), I naturally cleared up of acne(so i thought).

I changed my life and did a complete 360. Got a job and moved out of my parents house and into an apartment. Then a shortwhile after i got a completely new hairstyle, bought a car, new clothes and shoes, cologne, basically the works.

At this point of my life, I didnt feel like my life improved in anyway(considering how sad i was living before). My self-esteam was still scarred from all the years of acne(i guess acne makes you considerate and a better person inside overall). I started getting attention from girls(which was new to me and got me really scarred).

Couple of months pass up, social skills improve and now i am dating my boss(which is a year older than me, and my first gf) and second girl from work but in a different department(which i put on hold/ignore because i dont like the idea of cheating). That very moment, was the highest point of my life. I brokedown at my house just to apprecieate everything that has become of me(a decent guy to the opposite sex!).

After a couple of weeks of going out, talking on the phone, and spending hours on end with my gf(my boss), she finally calls me and says to come over friday and spend the night. I knew exactly what that meant becuase i could read her like a book. I was finally ready to experience something EVERYONE i know has... for the first time.

Presend Day, Wednesday: My face is a acne warzone(the worst it has ever been in all of my years of highschool) and i didnt go to work or see my GF today. I went crying to walmart to buy groceries and i got pulled over for accidently ignoring a turn signa(i cried for an hour after this). I know the speech(if she doesnt like you with or without acne, then she was never meant for you)... but I feel like a monster and cannot make eye contact with anyone anymore!!.. I know everyone isnt shallow and doesnt care about how many huge red pimples you have on your face but its soo hard! I just went from clear skin to severe acne(skipped a step) :( .

Im suppose to take my GF out on valentines day but i dont have the will power to come out of my cave(my apartment). I've been acting like a jerk lately(involenterly) and avoiding my friends and family just to get away from them and hide. i JUST found out sugar is the cause of my acne and just about all the BEST foods have sugar.. :(

I am definatly not going over friday(which will break her heart) because of the severe condtion of my acne(soo bad it would be impossble to keep eye contact with me). I keep yelling at myself that image isnt everything but it doesnt change the fact that i look like a monster right now.

Just remember....you are a GREAT GUY! You're sensitive to other people's feelings because of what you've been through in your life with the acne and how it made/makes you feel. And also remember that your girlfriend LIKES YOU! And I'll bet it's not just the looks that she likes. She obviously finds something in you attractive. Maybe you should call her and explain what's happened and how you feel about it. I'd bet the farm that she won't care and will still want to be with you. Meanwhile, keep working on that acne. I'm on Accutane now because everything else I tried failed. But a lot of people have had great success with Proactiv. And you can buy it in the mall now (out of a dispensing machine) instead of just mail order. I used it for a couple of years and saw big improvements. But my fate was to get cystic acne that required prescriptions. You might give Proactiv a try, or even some of the other treatments people are talking about on this website. A lot of people have had success with different things.

And I'll say it again -- your gf likes you! Her choice to date you wasn't based on whether or not you had acne, so if she's ready to take the next step and have you spend the night, I'd say her feelings are deeper than just liking you and your skin is not going to matter.

mate, you said your life went total 360. Try not to let that happen again, I'm not gonna say everything will be ok but try this. You like this girl, she likes you. Call her up and explain the situation, say you've had a massive breakout. It'll be easier over the phone.

DON'T just give up and ignore her etc. If she's even half decent she'll remember what a decent guy you were and UNDERSTAND how you must feel. Also maybe chat about it to her.

I ignored my girlfriend for a week because my spots got really bad and I was so embarrassed. However I chatted to her and she was really understanding and suggested that I go and get an appointment with a dermatologist, which I did.

I think the key here is try really really hard not to be a jerk towards her cos you feel crappy about yourself. A lot of people here have made that mistake I'd imagine.

really, don't worry about it. she won't care---she just wants to be with you. i remember one of the first dates i went on with my boyfriend, i was still battling acne and didn't want to go out, but i did anyway, and found that he had broken out a little too. i'm so glad we went out anyway, because i had such a good time with him regardless of how my skin looked.

OMG dude my ignoring here you are really fucking up your chances. Don't let acne take away what you have wanted all your life now that you finally hav it.

for god's sake and for yours, do not let acne control your emotions or lose your composure. be the same guy she started going out with and do not change. acne will try to pull you down and away from her, but do notallow it.

arsenal's right, there are people that made the mistake of becoming a jerk because of acne and i'm one of them. trust me, the pain of losing someone really special to you because of shit acne is unbelievable and something that shouldn't ever be experienced.

I dont even know where to begin. I just want to get this off my shoulders becuase i don't want to fall into a depression. I don't want to do things that i'll regret.

Since i was 13, i had severe acne on my face(which left VERY few scars considering how BAD it actually was). Went through high school without a girlfriend and lacked social skills becuase of my shyness(acne really had my selfasteam supressed). I had very few friends(which i think just used me) and just didnt do anything after school becuase of my acne. I was a nobody..

At the age of 19(the year i was really born), I naturally cleared up of acne(so i thought).

I changed my life and did a complete 360. Got a job and moved out of my parents house and into an apartment. Then a shortwhile after i got a completely new hairstyle, bought a car, new clothes and shoes, cologne, basically the works.

At this point of my life, I didnt feel like my life improved in anyway(considering how sad i was living before). My self-esteam was still scarred from all the years of acne(i guess acne makes you considerate and a better person inside overall). I started getting attention from girls(which was new to me and got me really scarred).

Couple of months pass up, social skills improve and now i am dating my boss(which is a year older than me, and my first gf) and second girl from work but in a different department(which i put on hold/ignore because i dont like the idea of cheating). That very moment, was the highest point of my life. I brokedown at my house just to apprecieate everything that has become of me(a decent guy to the opposite sex!).

After a couple of weeks of going out, talking on the phone, and spending hours on end with my gf(my boss), she finally calls me and says to come over friday and spend the night. I knew exactly what that meant becuase i could read her like a book. I was finally ready to experience something EVERYONE i know has... for the first time.

Presend Day, Wednesday: My face is a acne warzone(the worst it has ever been in all of my years of highschool) and i didnt go to work or see my GF today. I went crying to walmart to buy groceries and i got pulled over for accidently ignoring a turn signa(i cried for an hour after this). I know the speech(if she doesnt like you with or without acne, then she was never meant for you)... but I feel like a monster and cannot make eye contact with anyone anymore!!.. I know everyone isnt shallow and doesnt care about how many huge red pimples you have on your face but its soo hard! I just went from clear skin to severe acne(skipped a step) :( .

Im suppose to take my GF out on valentines day but i dont have the will power to come out of my cave(my apartment). I've been acting like a jerk lately(involenterly) and avoiding my friends and family just to get away from them and hide. i JUST found out sugar is the cause of my acne and just about all the BEST foods have sugar.. :(

I am definatly not going over friday(which will break her heart) because of the severe condtion of my acne(soo bad it would be impossble to keep eye contact with me). I keep yelling at myself that image isnt everything but it doesnt change the fact that i look like a monster right now.

sorry to hear that your skin has got worse at the moment,try not to let it get to you though.your gf likes you for who you are and thats an all round great guy.getting some acne back on your face shouldnt affect that.so dont try avoiding her,just meet up with her and act like you normally do around her and things should be fine.if she is gonna let some acne affect your relationship thats just dumb.

good luck with it all....

"did a complete 360." Haha, I had to laugh at that...

On a more serious note you're gonna have to face the music in the end, right? You sound like a good bloke and I'd be letdown to hear her turning away just 'cause of the condition of your skin. Good luck, mate!!!

I personally think that when you're in a relationship and you've got easy, unlimited access to sex your body kicks up the testosterone production so you're good to go day or night, 3 - 5+ times per day. Because I definetly notice an increase in testosterone while I'm in a relationship as opposed to when I'm single.

Maybe thats what caused this new breakout.

I personally think that when you're in a relationship and you've got easy, unlimited access to sex your body kicks up the testosterone production so you're good to go day or night, 3 - 5+ times per day. Because I definetly notice an increase in testosterone while I'm in a relationship as opposed to when I'm single.

Maybe thats what caused this new breakout.

yo, buddy, if you go and get with her even with your face fucked up it would be the ultimate confidence improver.

honestly, try doing this, she really shouldn't care. if she doesn't, it's pure benefit for you. the sex will probably clear up your skin anyways.