Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maniacal

Working out

I'm sure this question has been answered before, but I could not find it through searching.

I workout 3 days a week, and also take a racquetball class twice a week. Before these, I wash my face gently with Dan's face wash to get the BP off(so I don't bleach my clothes). After the workout/class, I take a shower.

I read in the FAQ that this doesn't warrant a third regimen, but it also seemed to imply that you shouldn't wash the BP off at all (I can't rearrange it so I workout before applying the regimen).

Anyways, should I just wash and moisturize, or wash, BP, and moisturize afterwards?

Aren't you doing the regimen 3 times a day when you work out? What's the condition of your acne?

If your acne is average ,it's important to have BP on your face ,but with mild acne you could just wash your face with water and use a moisturizer after work out.

Aren't you doing the regimen 3 times a day when you work out? What's the condition of your acne?

If your acne is average ,it's important to have BP on your face ,but with mild acne you could just wash your face with water and use a moisturizer after work out.

You wash your face before the work out to avoid bleaching your sports wear right? I found out that nylon fabric shirts don't bleach. All of my bleached shirts are cotton fabric. So if your sports wear are synthetic fabric made then it shouldn't be a problem to change without washing your face. Maybe I should make a topic of this and see other members advice. Also the BP2.5% on your face should have sinked into your skin in the afternoon.

You wash your face before the work out to avoid bleaching your sports wear right? I found out that nylon fabric shirts don't bleach. All of my bleached shirts are cotton fabric. So if your sports wear are synthetic fabric made then it shouldn't be a problem to change without washing your face. Maybe I should make a topic of this and see other members advice. Also the BP2.5% on your face should have sinked into your skin in the afternoon.

Since you are doing the Regimen in the morning, then doing a quick wash before workouts to avoid the bp getting on your clothes, then showering again after your workout, why not go ahead and do the full Regimen after your shower (after the workout). That would put it at twice a day. You might also just rinse, rather than wash, before working out. That should be sufficient to get the bp residue off.

So, it would look like this:

a.m. Wash, apply bp, apply moisturizer

before workout: quick rinse

After workout: Wash in shower, apply bp, apply moisturizer

done for the day.

So it is safe to workout/jog with BP on your face? (not from dans regimen, cause it seems like your all being pretty specific about dans regimen BP)

I put my BP on in the morning and I usually jog around 7-8 p.m.

i think it depends alot on which bp you use. creams like neutrogena suck. they hardly get into the skin at all and will turn white even when my face starts to lightly glissen from walking to class in the sun. gels, on the other hand, work much better. i have been using the proactiv bp but it sounds like dans is quite similar. i can lift weights and play ball with no visible difference(no white nastiness) and my clothes have never been bleached. if, for some reason, this still remains a problem consider bringing a towel(preferably white) to the gym or court or whatever and dab(not wipe) residue away. also, never dab/wipe the residue onto your shirt(seems like that would go without saying, but i have seen it done maaany times and people wonder why their blue shirt has orange spots on it) good luck!