Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
miserable!

Derm wants to discuss bloodwork?

Okay so I went in to get my blood drawn yesterday. But on Saturday I drank and not even thinking took a couple puffs of marijuana, stupid I know. The derm called my mom today and wanted to discuss my bloodwork. Do they drug/alcohol test while checking on my liver? I don't know what to do and what they are calling for. This has never happened! Does anyone have any suggestions on what they could be calling for? Accutane has been a godsend for me!

They don't do drug testing unless your mom/dad have requested one with your latest bloodwork. That's unlikely, unless you've been giving them more than normal grief. ;)

It's more likely that the boozing and using of marijuana has altered your lab values so that your derm may question the wisdom of continuing you on Accutane. Or may decrease your dose. So if you don't completely lose out on taking Accutane, keep this fear of losing Accutane in mind when next you contemplate an alcoholic beverage or a hit from someone...

Alright so that makes me feel a little relieved. I never smoke weed and with my luck I was scared it would show up. Hopefully its nothing big, I'm definitely going to be more careful. I want to stay on Accutane forever. Hahaha if only.. Thank you!

denie it tell your mom your doctor is a lying joke haha. and that you never smoked weed and how dare they acuse u of such a thing. denie denie denie everything so u can hit the sweet jeeba every now and then hahaha

Hi there -

If you do drink, do so rarely on Tane.... Tane is hard on the body and especially the liver. Also, like you said if you are gonna indulge in a beer (and it's cool with your Derm. ) don't indulge a few days before the lab test. Have it after..

Cheers.

um...just to clarify...the MJ wont effect your blood work, nor is it any more detrimental to your body while on tane than it normally is (which is already close to nothing).

the alcohol is what has your doctor asking questions, not the weed.

i smoke regularly and so do a lot of others, and i have not ever had any questions about my blood work.

I'm now kind of questioning if it has to do with my liver. I'm coming up on the third month of Accutane. I'm a very small girl for my age (about 102) pounds and my derm was kinda scared to up my dosage from 40 to 60. Maybe that could be the culprit?

they didn't ask you if anything would come up?

anytime i get blood or urine sent away the nurse or whoever asks me questions about that and as long as i'm honest they don't call home about anything.

p.s. be careful- i wrote about the wacky tobaccey in a thread a few days ago and i got a smackdown from the mods :(