Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nemt

PanOxyl Foaming Acne Wash

I saw an ad for this product on really late night TV (not an infomercial, a regular low budget TV ad smaller companies use) and picked some up a few days later at Rite Aid. I've been using it for a few days, and it seems to work a lot better than BP creams (the active ingredient is 10% BP) without drying, although this might just be the initial result since I haven't been using it that long. I also really enjoy using it, it makes a better lather than most normal body washes, at least with the water in my shower.

Does anyone else have any experience with this product?

I used it before. I stopped only because it was just slightly too drying for me, but my skin is pretty sensitive. I used to use prescription Triaz acne wash, and they feel very similar. I wonder if you could get just as good results overall with only otc panoxyl. This isn't about the wash, but it says something about the company: My boyfriend loves the 10% bar; nothing else, even from dermatologists, has put a dent in his bacne. (I've tried this, too, and it was too drying for me, but better than most bar soaps.)

I've tried using the panoxyl body wash on my bacne the last few weeks with very bad results---more acne, skin irritation, and it was also extremely drying...

I recently switched to Dr. Bronner's tea tree oil soap and my skin is feeling a lot better, it will take more time to see if it curbs the acne...

hope that helps...