Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LuLuHarp

Want to be on Accutane ASAP

Ya... I just called the derm and made an emergency appointment because I realized that I want to go on accutane ASAP!! He asked me in my last appointment to choose between BP and accutane and I was planning on taking tane but i chickened out and next thing i know i'm making an appointment with the gyno. Now that i'm switching to tane...I'm frikin terrified and I wanna know what is the success rate...how bad is the IB? how long does it last... and when do u REALLY start seeing the change... oh and any other useful info.

THANKS!!

Edited by Wynne
made title more descriptive

Hi LuLu! Welcome! Don't be terrified, I think you'll do just fine. I'm no expert by any means, but I've read a lot about this treatment, researched it, read personal blogs, etc., to help me make the decision to start Accutane. I'm only three weeks in, so I don't know what lies ahead. But I've read so many blogs/journals that said it was the best thing they ever decided to do, and that the side effects were worth it. I'd say only 1% of what I've read has been negative. You should go to the blogs on this website and read what other people are writing about their experience. I think it'll make you less afraid and you might even feel comfortable with your choice once you've read what other people are experiencing.

Guest Pand
Hi LuLu! Welcome! Don't be terrified, I think you'll do just fine. I'm no expert by any means, but I've read a lot about this treatment, researched it, read personal blogs, etc., to help me make the decision to start Accutane. I'm only three weeks in, so I don't know what lies ahead. But I've read so many blogs/journals that said it was the best thing they ever decided to do, and that the side effects were worth it. I'd say only 1% of what I've read has been negative. You should go to the blogs on this website and read what other people are writing about their experience. I think it'll make you less afraid and you might even feel comfortable with your choice once you've read what other people are experiencing.

When did you get your IB, how long did it last for? Im on week 3 too.

I got my IB around week two. It wasn't too bad, honestly. I've noticed "funky" blackheads and pimples developing in areas that are unusual for me, but I didn't turn into a pimple-covered freak show like I had expected. I'm not going to get too excited yet, because I know that I could have several of these before it's over. I'm just happy that my side effects have been mild so far.

Thanks Toooldforthis...I've read some of the accutane blogs and have seen the gallery, everyone's skin looks awesome after using accutane but i'm still nervous. I dont have baad acne to begin with and i'm not looking forward to this IB thing and it leaving a bunch of temporary scars. What happens to me is when my skin breaks out... thats when i'm all gung-ho about accutane, then like 2 weeks later it clears up and i convince myself not to use accutane again (back at square one)