Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
modelgirl35

35 and starting Accutane

Hey...i'm on day 30 and have a derm appt. today to up my dose...i'm only on 20mg...and havent seen alot going on...but i have a lot of little tiny whiteheads too ALL along my jaw...it didnt occur until i started accutane....ugh...have you been tested for polycystic Ovarian Disease or Ovarian cancer? My acne occured out of the blue and with an attitude to take over my face....my derm/gyno said that DUH! its hormonal but your hormones changing that rapidly is a sign of trouble internally...so they ran tests and all sorts of things..and found out that i had premature signs of ovarian cancer...mind you i just turned 18 last Nov...so not to worry you but i have found TONZ of women on here that are in the same situation...have you ever consider this possibility?

Much Love!

Day 16 and dealing with the tiny pimples on the left side of my face and also some whiteheads here and there. My mom said my face was looking better and to get that from her means its working! She is the first one to broadcast that my face looks horrible if it does.

My lips are so freaking dry its not funny. I am lubing them up ever 5 minutes at work. I have Burts Bees chapstick and I have lipgloss, I have Vaseline...they all sooth my lips but they dont stay on my lips. I need something to stick to my lips for a good while so I am not constantly rubbing on the chapstick or lipgloss. At night I put a ton of vaseline on so when I wake up they arent painful or itchy from peeling and being dry. Anyone have suggestions. I need something to last more than 5 to 10 minutes.

Tomorrow I am meeting this guy that my cousin is setting me up with...I have a dilema but I don't know if I want to get into it on here..lol..hmmm but anyway I am nervous for him to meet me for the first time with my skin acting up and all you know. I mean I have an idea of what he looks like and he is gorgeous. I saw a pic of him and he saw a pic of me. He is stopping by my job to drop off a police report for me so he is going to say hello in person for the first time. wish me luck! I might have to cover up tomorrow hair and all lol :ninja:

I use Dr. Dan's Cortibalm (usually can get it online). It's costly, but I only have to use it twice a day. It's wonderful. I'm at the end of month 4. Doc upped dosage to 80mg this month. I have to say that while I was on 40mg & 60mg I failed to see any changes in my face. So at month 4, I'm still a little mad. I'm all yucky.

Also, I'm on EstrostepFe, it's supposed to help your skin.

DAY 18

I had a slight nosebleed. My skin looks crazy,the acne is hard and dry, the kind that if you pick it will bleed or leave a red mark... and I had a semi date with this new guy and i was very very very very very self conscious the entire time. I even started to try and explain why my skin looked a mess by telling him I was taking Accutane, to see if he would ask what Accutane was, but he didnt bite he just said ok and just started talking about something else. I really hope he sticks around long enough to see that my skin is beautiful underneath all this mess right now. I wore my hair down and made him sit on my right side which had less acne. Its a shame I know :redface:

DAY 20

I still have my IB and it is somewhat trying to clear up in spots but still very very noticable. I have a huge monthly zit on my forehead. I never get pimples or zits on my forehead and if I do, they are small and go away quickly. I have this monster zit on my head that hurts and I just got my period so I know its from that. The only good thing about this whole thing is I get to start my BC pill today. I know it will help with the acne and the breakouts so I am happy to have started it. I just want my face to start clearing up. I just started seeing someone and he tells me I am beautiful and he stares at me alot but I am thinking about my acne. I am very self conscious you know. I want to be able to pull my hair up in a ponytail but I am so in tune with my face and what people are seeing. Today I went all day out in public with no make up but I would not make eye contact with anyone. I am looking forward to change.... :(

Day 24

I will take a pic this weekend and compare

My face is clearing up a bit. I did my blood work today. I am almost done with month 1 believe it or not! My appointment is next week on the 12th. When I go I will ask her to do the cortisone shots again. I have some painful bumps near my eyes in each outer corner. They are not big but they are whiteheads by the end of each day and then I pop them gently to release the pain. Then they are back again in the morning. I have been trying the egg yolks again like I did in the past and I honestly think it is helping me a littleI also still have that big pimple in the middle of my forehead that came with my monthly. It is going down a bit thank goodness. I have a date with my new friend this Saturday and I don't want him staring at my face. I hope the lighting is very dim. hmmm :think: He is taking me on a real date to a nice restaurant. I wonder what I should wear. Its been a while since I had a real date with a real man. I have been dating "boys" and have had alot of heartache over the past few years but this one seems to be the real deal and very interested in me. Any suggestions?? :dance: . Anyway, I think my BC pill is helping out alot even though I have been on it for only a week.

How is everyone doing? How is the acne?? I still cant believe I am at the end of Month One!!

Will I have another IB since I got one within the first two weeks of taking this???

Day 24

I will take a pic this weekend and compare

My face is clearing up a bit. I did my blood work today. I am almost done with month 1 believe it or not! My appointment is next week on the 12th. When I go I will ask her to do the cortisone shots again. I have some painful bumps near my eyes in each outer corner. They are not big but they are whiteheads by the end of each day and then I pop them gently to release the pain. Then they are back again in the morning. I have been trying the egg yolks again like I did in the past and I honestly think it is helping me a littleI also still have that big pimple in the middle of my forehead that came with my monthly. It is going down a bit thank goodness. I have a date with my new friend this Saturday and I don't want him staring at my face. I hope the lighting is very dim. hmmm :think: He is taking me on a real date to a nice restaurant. I wonder what I should wear. Its been a while since I had a real date with a real man. I have been dating "boys" and have had alot of heartache over the past few years but this one seems to be the real deal and very interested in me. Any suggestions?? :dance: . Anyway, I think my BC pill is helping out alot even though I have been on it for only a week.

How is everyone doing? How is the acne?? I still cant believe I am at the end of Month One!!

Will I have another IB since I got one within the first two weeks of taking this???

Hey..i'm on month 2 day 41....i woke up this morning with a nice painful pimple on my jawline..ugh...i havent broke out for over a month...and this pimple really scared me..i went to the derm and she injected it with cortizone and a few whitheads too...Girl, like you i want nothing more than my "model" skin. I planned on trying out to be a Oakland Raiderette and because of this skin...FORGET IT! Red marks look worse....skin is too dry to apply makeup...and i'm only on 30mg....how were your results from your pap smear?

Hey..i'm on month 2 day 41....i woke up this morning with a nice painful pimple on my jawline..ugh...i havent broke out for over a month...and this pimple really scared me..i went to the derm and she injected it with cortizone and a few whitheads too...Girl, like you i want nothing more than my "model" skin. I planned on trying out to be a Oakland Raiderette and because of this skin...FORGET IT! Red marks look worse....skin is too dry to apply makeup...and i'm only on 30mg....how were your results from your pap smear?

I'm going to take some and post for ya. Seriously though i cant get this dry skin under control! It bugs the crap out of me that i cant wear my dermablend!!!!!! Because it like smears and clumps and all sorts of strange things...i apply Cetaphil and CeraVe creme to my face and no luck drying to stop it!!! Dermablend is foundation that is specially made for problem skin. It is made for acne and other severe skin conditions. It is on the thick side but covers ANYTHING flawlessly! It can only be found in Dillards and sometimes macy's and is about $30-40. But i use like a pea size amount and it covers my ENTIRE face perfect. Well it did...i tried using regular foundation and it didnt work either. UGH!

Left Side...Problem CHin

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p270/ih...ey/100_2796.jpg

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p270/ih...ey/100_2797.jpg

Right Side..Problem area too..

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p270/ih...ey/100_2795.jpg

Clear Areas...

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p270/ih...ey/100_2793.jpg

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p270/ih...ey/100_2791.jpg

Pageant in FLorida....

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p270/ih...ey/000_0897.jpg

Pic of when the two famous spots appeared that resulted in a huge breakout for months...

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p270/ih...ey/000_0832.jpg

Sadly i dont have pics of when it was at its worst...i wasnt interested in taking pictures...but i hope i NEVER have to be at that "worst" point again!

DAY 28 ACCUTANE....DAY 10 OF MY MENSTRUAL CYCLE......YEA. :mad: ...WTF YOU ASK. I DONT KNOW, BUT I AM NOT HAPPY ABOUT IT....WILL POST LATER I AM IRRITATED

DAY 29 ACCUTANE...JUST GOT MY NEW PRESCRIPTION FOR MONTH 2 WHICH IS 80 MG. 40 MG. TWICE A DAY....AND CORTISONE INJECTIONS. DOC SAYS MY SKIN IS IMPROVING ...........STILL F'IN SPOTTING! I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO AND IF THIS IS GOING TO BE AN ONGOING THING..BUT I AM SO READY FOR MY PERIOD TO BE DONE. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS AND INCONVENIENT

DAY 29 ACCUTANE...JUST GOT MY NEW PRESCRIPTION FOR MONTH 2 WHICH IS 80 MG. 40 MG. TWICE A DAY....AND CORTISONE INJECTIONS. DOC SAYS MY SKIN IS IMPROVING ...........STILL F'IN SPOTTING! I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO AND IF THIS IS GOING TO BE AN ONGOING THING..BUT I AM SO READY FOR MY PERIOD TO BE DONE. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS AND INCONVENIENT

Hey! You are I are pretty much on the same time frame and we are the same age!

Have you ever tried a progesterone cream? This actually helped clear my face. I get this stuff.

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/webapp/wcs/...&catOrder=0

You can get it at a health food store, but its about 30 dollars a bottle. You start it on day 5 of your cycle and go to day 25 and lay off until you start. Then you begin again. It makes you more regular and the PMS symptoms are MUCH better!! I think this is much better than using the pill to regulate you because you don't get all bloated.

Hey! You are I are pretty much on the same time frame and we are the same age!

Have you ever tried a progesterone cream? This actually helped clear my face. I get this stuff.

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/webapp/wcs/...&catOrder=0

You can get it at a health food store, but its about 30 dollars a bottle. You start it on day 5 of your cycle and go to day 25 and lay off until you start. Then you begin again. It makes you more regular and the PMS symptoms are MUCH better!! I think this is much better than using the pill to regulate you because you don't get all bloated.

I did my accutane course when I was 29.

Since your dosage was increased your skin, chances are you will get more IBs, even worse than the ones you have seen before. Most people see improvements on the third month.

Be very patient. I feel your pain, I was there. Your skin will get better. I know it's hard. I remember waking up in the morning with new breakouts too. Also being in public was extremely difficult but I had no choice. People will forget once your skin clears or even tell you how amazing your skin is now. Time goes by very fast, it's been more than 3 years since I finished my course and my skin is still clear.

My recommendations are:

Use Aquaphor for your lips (CVS, Walgreens, any pharmacy)

Cetaphil to wash your face. (same as above)

Wash your face as least as possible (once or twice but not more a day)

Moisturize daily

My skin seems to be getting better...I need to stop peeling though. Its a very bad bad habit that I have. I get dry alot and then I start messing with my skin.

I hope that this course works for me cause all this drama with my skin, my body....I don't think I can do it again. I will try and post some pics tomorrow...I feel too lazy right now to do it. But the bumps are going down although I am getting cystic pimples on the cheek area. I can actually count the pimples now. 2 big ones on the left cheek and maybe 5 or 6 little ones. One big one on the right cheek and maybe about 5 small ones, compared to 20 something on each side.

Doc took me off Yasmin today...I will finish this pack then start Femcon next week with my new cycle. Thank God nothing is wrong internally...just spotting

DAY 47

I went to the derm. today and had a few cortisone shots. I am still getting quite a few cystic pimples in my cheek area. More on the right side. Other than that, my lips are always dry so I am constantly lubing them up with vaseline and lip gloss. My lips stay greasy. One day this week, I left my chapstick and lipgloss at home by accident and I was a complete mess at work. I had to put lotion on and I even borrowed some lip balm from a friend. It lasted like 10 minutes then it was gone. I don't know if I licked it off out of habit or it just wore off. I know I am going to buy a stash and keep it in my desk drawer so there won't be a next time.

Here are some pics from Day 1 compared to Day 47.

DAY 1 post-71228-1206736117_thumb.jpg

DAY 47post-71228-1206736213_thumb.jpg

DAY 1 post-71228-1206736278_thumb.jpg

DAY 47post-71228-1206736328_thumb.jpg

post-71228-1206736117_thumb.jpg

post-71228-1206736213_thumb.jpg

post-71228-1206736278_thumb.jpg

post-71228-1206736328_thumb.jpg

I think you are just a couple week ahead of me.

I am suffering as well in the pooing area.

I take fiber pills and tryed that Myralax powder stuff. Its okay, but if I don't take it I am hurting.

My feet are still hurting.

Hey there model girl!!!!

you are sooooo beautiful! your skin has made amazing improvements!

ok as far as the constipation - I had this and started to incorporate a fish/flax supplement (good fats) and a good fiber supplement (go to a wild oats or something like that and ask them their faves {try not to get a drugstore brand it will really make a difference}.

So any way I take three fish caps in the morning with my tane which helps to get the fat amount, and then with my evening meal I take 5 fiber caps with a glass of water. This has changed my course - not only do I seem to be absorbing the tane better I also don't have such a hard time down there.

Hope this wasn't too preachy - just want to share what has made a HUGE difference to me.

Thanks!