Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
~Chris~

What if you squeeze a pore and nothing comes out?

I know it sounds gross, but its a serious question... I've seen those nasty videos on Youtube of people squeezing their blackheads right out, but when I squeeze my pore on my nose (they are large with something dark down deep), nothing comes out except oil, and if I squeeze too hard I just end up irritating the hell out of my skin. Sometimes a little sebum comes out but usually the pore still looks large and dark after squeezing, or after using Biore Pore strips for that matter. Those strips irritate my skin more then squeezing does... So what's actually in my pore, and is it normal to not come out with squeezing?

My old dermatologist thought I had Trichostasis Spinulosa, but I went to another doctor and they said they couldn't see any hairs, and I can't either. I think these are just pores blocked with something that doesn't want to come out... But what is it? Does anyone else experience this?

Chris I am in the exact same boat as you. i have what seems like 50 blackheads on my nose and nothing ever happens when i squeeze them out. like you, it just hurts like hell, irritates my skin, leaves a big mark and i have a 50/50 chance of getting a pimple in that spot

i wonder if anyone else has our problem? id love to know what it is too

ps mine are also in every pore

Chris I am in the exact same boat as you. i have what seems like 50 blackheads on my nose and nothing ever happens when i squeeze them out. like you, it just hurts like hell, irritates my skin, leaves a big mark and i have a 50/50 chance of getting a pimple in that spot...

Quit squeezing them. :rolleyes: I know, easier said than done... But, really. :naughty:

From what I've read on these boards, & from my own experience..A few things target them best...

In no particular order-

Mandelic Acid

Retinols/Retin-A/Green Cream

Glycolic Acid & Salicylic Acid- together in a regimen

Chemical Peels

Using the Baby Brush exfoliation method

Can anyone think of more?

<edit:> :lol: Wynne beat me to it!

everyone seems to be missing the point ... chris is not asking how he can squeeze them out he was just describing his symptoms and wanting to know why this happens and what he has on his nose - because you should be able to squeeze blackheads out (regardless of whether or not you should) so maybe what he has are not your standard blackheads.

everyone seems to be missing the point ... chris is not asking how he can squeeze them out he was just describing his symptoms and wanting to know why this happens and what he has on his nose - because you should be able to squeeze blackheads out (regardless of whether or not you should) so maybe what he has are not your standard blackheads.

Chris I am in the exact same boat as you. i have what seems like 50 blackheads on my nose and nothing ever happens when i squeeze them out. like you, it just hurts like hell, irritates my skin, leaves a big mark and i have a 50/50 chance of getting a pimple in that spot...

If nothing happens when you squeeze, you irritate your skin, you get a lasting red mark, and you have a 50% chance of getting an inflamed lesion, then WHY do you squeeze? Stop it.

Use something like mandelic acid, Retin A, or glycolic acid, or the baby's hair brush method to gently (GENTLY!) exfoliate and stop SQUEEZING your skin.

I dont squeeze...i learnt my lesson the first two times i was just saying that is what happens if i do.

Is the baby brush method good on sensitive skin do you know at all>

Thank you guys for all your answers. At least I know others are in the same boat as me, and something might eventually get rid of these bastards. I've noticed that when I squeeze one of them, it gets red, and eventually a pimple-like bump pops up on it. I just need to stop squeezing, because its not getting me anywhere. I'll have to rely on Sacylic/Mandelic/AHA's~something... anything clearing these out, and not my fingers. >.<

I'm still on day 1 of Mandellic. I've noticed some pores almost look "perfect" that I'm 100% sure looked like s*** awhile back (a year or more ago, they must have cleared themselves out or been helped by the Retin-A I'm on), so once a find a regimen that really works to stop plugging my pores up, these things should clear up. I'm 18 so maybe in a few years my oil glands will slow down and this problem will solve itself, but its VERY depressing when you don't feel "normal". Almost every aspect of my life is affected by my freaking skin...

If nothing happens when you squeeze, you irritate your skin, you get a lasting red mark, and you have a 50% chance of getting an inflamed lesion, then WHY do you squeeze? Stop it.

Use something like mandelic acid, Retin A, or glycolic acid, or the baby's hair brush method to gently (GENTLY!) exfoliate and stop SQUEEZING your skin.

I like manually extracting my blackheads, but I don't do it unless I've been using something to loosen them up first. When I was using SA, my blackheads were easy to squeeze out. Now that I've stopped using it, even though I'm still using mandelic, my blackheads don't want to come out. I'm thinking about starting the SA again, just on my nose where the blackheads are, so they will be looser and easier to remove.

I like manually extracting my blackheads, but I don't do it unless I've been using something to loosen them up first. When I was using SA, my blackheads were easy to squeeze out. Now that I've stopped using it, even though I'm still using mandelic, my blackheads don't want to come out. I'm thinking about starting the SA again, just on my nose where the blackheads are, so they will be looser and easier to remove.

Guest Timehealsall
Man, I have this shit too. All over my nose and along the sides. Pretty much tried everything, unfortunately nothing has ever worked. Did you ever find a solution?

did you guys who squeeze your blackheads ever get permanently enlarged or scarred pores?

i dont get how some people can squeeze the hell out of there skin and get no scarring, while people like me where the plugs just fall off and leave holes...

It sounds like nodular acne and nothing will ever come out of it. You must not squeeze it, though, because it will injure your skin layers. Try homeopathy. It worked for me because it cures the root of the problem, no matter what it is.

*Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules that you agreed to when signing up.*

hello chris im nicole iv had them black heads in my nose 2 i keep sqweezing them a bit will come out but not all of it totally sick as fook i have them on my chin to and iv read on what foods to eat what makeup to use and all the lardy dar but its just to annoying to follow haha and i wanted to be a model too :( ooh poo if any one gets some easy tips let me know and chris go see gp about it n see if u get some cream for it they gave me one that smellt like vinagar when i was at school but i stopped using it cos it stunk like my mam feet haha :D

I know it sounds gross, but its a serious question... I've seen those nasty videos on Youtube of people squeezing their blackheads right out, but when I squeeze my pore on my nose (they are large with something dark down deep), nothing comes out except oil, and if I squeeze too hard I just end up irritating the hell out of my skin. Sometimes a little sebum comes out but usually the pore still looks large and dark after squeezing, or after using Biore Pore strips for that matter. Those strips irritate my skin more then squeezing does... So what's actually in my pore, and is it normal to not come out with squeezing?

My old dermatologist thought I had Trichostasis Spinulosa, but I went to another doctor and they said they couldn't see any hairs, and I can't either. I think these are just pores blocked with something that doesn't want to come out... But what is it? Does anyone else experience this?

Have you tried a light steaming of the face before squeezing?.