Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acnehate10

Mystic / Spray Tan

I would also like to know the answer to this! Let's keep bumping this to the top until somebody who has been there and done that notices and replies. I don't sun myself for a tan, because I'm fair-skinned and prone to freckles and moles. Too risky as far as skin cancer. I normally use an at-home self tanning lotion during the summer, but that was pre-accutane. I'd love to know if I have to be pasty white when I should be wearing shorts, or if I'll still be able to get an even-looking fake tan.

i use solariums and use mystic tan all the timeeeee :)

it tends to go more orangerer (is that a word) so when u choose to get it done dont go the darkest shade. get a light one n if its okay next time go darker :)

with mystic tan i get medium and i look TOO DARK :) but thats up to u :)

i also use self tanning products on my face to hide redness from tane

This isn't a personal experience, but one of my friends during high school decided to use the sunless spray tanner, and like the above poster said, I think she went on the darkest shade, because for weeks, she became the "oompa loompa" of our school (I think she regretted it so badly).

I'm not sure why, but those sunless spray tanners do seem to make you quite orangey in skin tone, so just be sure to not go overboard.

I mystic tanned last week!! I'm in a wedding next week and I refuse to be pale (I'm that superficial :D ). I didn't look oompa loopa at all... it worked great!!!

Does anyone from the UK use any fake tans?

What is mystic tan?

Mystic Tan is the very best professional spray-tan (fake) that you can get. A lot of salons offer spray tanning, but from what I hear, Mystic Tan is the best out there. It's what I've read that most celebrities use to get a fake tan.

As for me, for the last few years I've been using L'Oreal brand bronzing/tanning gel. You have to get an even application, but once it's on, the tan looks totally natural. Can't stand the oder though -- the chemicals in it make my skin smell like a dirty foot! LOL

Just make sure you exfoliate prior to getting a sunless tan (shave your legs if you have time, this counts as exfoliating) Moisturize consistently after your tan if you don't want it to fade in a blotchy manner.

mystic tan is a specialized tanning room - with jets around the 4 walls. you stand in the center and it sprays you up and down 3 times.

its completely uv free and is perfectly applied even tone no streaks. the room is private so some users go naked. i find i like to have a "Tan line" so i go in an old pair of undies because the serum can discolor clothing. it is the best. its hard to find a salon that provides it but when you do, you will never use anything else :)

it contains all those antioxidants, anti-cellulite and vitamin and minerals to promote healthy soft skin and ensure a longer tan. ive become an addict recently after being unable to use solarium's due to accutane and i find fake tans more fun. because with solarium's u "build up" your tan so you see in a week. mystic tan you see fastttttt :)

I also like Mystic Tan but I'm not on Accutane.

Another suggestion: Sally Hansen Airbrush sun in spray cans! It's EXCELLENT and gave me a beautiful, natural dark color. The line also has a tan extender spray that likely contains emollients; it also has a shimmer and nice fragrance. The Sally Hansen line does not stink like most artificial tanning sprays/lotions. Of course it has an odor, but nothing like others I've tried. It is terrific.

Before you do the Mystic Tan or any other type of artificial tanning, be sure you exfoliate your entire body from top to toe. I used a baby's hair brush and it really helped ensure an even looking tan application. Don't stint in the cover stuff you apply on your feet and palms or you WILL have dirty looking feet and hands. ;) Be prepared for the shock as the cold spray hits you. I think they should warm it up! Oh I gasped!

Does mystic tan cause break outs? Does it clog the pores on your body and face? I have used it before and love it, looks great but I also get break outs...not sure if it's from the mystic tan. Anyone have break out problems?

I have found that if you use a soft sponge to apply fake tanner, it really helps to even it out. Especially with lotion of some sort after or during application. On the elbows and knees I do mix lotion with the tanner or wait until I have applied most of the tanner from the sponge and then put a little lotion on those areas and use the sponge. It is best to start with something lighter until you get the hang of it and then go to a more medium color. The sponge also aids with keeping as much of the self-tanner off your hands which is a pain to scrub off it it does get on there. And it does!!

Mystic tan worked well for me on most of my body parts but my feet and hands did not do well with it. And, my scalp looked very pale in contrast with the rest of me. I am pretty pale to begin with, though. Sometimes, it would run down my leg too fast and I could not get the streak evened out before it dried.

A friend of mine that works at at tanning salon suggested the spray on method and said there was even a can of it available at Wal-Mart (and other places I am sure) in a silver can that was reasonable and decent. Have not looked for it yet.

well im on tane 2nd time round grrr so prob why my skin is much drier only on day 5 so far and have a wedding to go to next saturday for which i want to fake tan it as im not going pale ill be on day 15 by then my skin is already so dry and im moisturizing about 4 times a day in the hope it wont be so dry and ill end up looking a patchy mess!!

anyone else know how else to sort out my skin whilst on tane before i fake tan? i need to exfoliate gently before the tan and that dries your skin out plus when i have the fake tan on im not going to be able to moisturise that night and i can imagine my skin is going to be sooo dry and painful in the morning plus patchy?!

so has anyone who has gotten the dry skin on tane used a fake tan cream and if so did it go patchy?

I'm on a low dose, so I don't have a problem with dry skin. Are you taking EFA's? They may help. I guess you'll just have to get your skin as moisturized as possible before hand. You can also lower your dose or not take it for the week. It stays in your system anyway, but it may make you less dry. You could also get a humidifier. lol, I'm full of ideas. :)

I love the way the mystic makes my skin look. I'd actually like to be a little darker though.