Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was just looking at a picture that I took last summer. I had FLAWLESS skin.. well at least compared to now.

People asked me out, stared at me... but now... it's all changed

Suddenly my skin got VERY bad. I have acne EVERYWHERE on my face.

I have hyperpigmentation all over my face and I have these small acne all over my face... I have open sores on my face.

It's just a mess.

I don't know.. I hate my self.. I don't like how people treat me in stores now when they see my face. how they sort of look down on you for your skin.

My skin... I hate it. And I think I haven't worked with it and it's punishing me.

It's my fault. My skin is sensative.. but that doesn't mean that my constant munching on chocolate, chinese food and fast food really helped.

Also gained some weight for that and what's worse?

people who use to know me last summer will actually ASK me

"what happened?"

I guess I should change my life style... being a college student isn't an excuse to be a slob.. that's for sure.

I'm not sure about the whole diet thing, to be honest. I am frustrated that the condition of my skin is like a rollercoaster, though. It will seem like it's improving one day and then BAM, breakout.

I really don't think people judge it as harshly as we do. Depending on severity, I have a feeling most people barely notice it, or if they do, don't give it a second thought. I have a theory that virtually everyone has something physical they're self-conscious about, and most of them are focused enough on their own flaws that they don't dwell on those of others. For us it's acne. For other people, who knows. Nobody's perfect. I'm just tired of obsessively checking my face in the mirror every day, freaking out how people in the world are going to react. It's so lame and pointless. :l

I'm also a college student and consider myself fairly lazy. I think it's just part of what the college atmosphere does to people. Maybe it's preparing us for when we have to go out and work some day. =P

Honestly, if you are that bothered by your current lifestyle and eating habits, change. Even if your acne doesn't improve as you change your eating habits, your body will and that will give you a boost of confidence. When I started college I was about a size 14 (170 lbs), by the end of my freshman year I ate myself into a tight size 16 (187 lbs), and got really sick of myself. It was hard enough dealing with acne, then I had to deal with my weight. At the begining of my sophomore year I decided to change my lifestyle. I started to eat lots of veggies, fruit, and fish, and cut out sweets and desserts completely for about 6 months. I went to the gym about 5 days a week, and would walk on the treadmill for 20 minutes each day. Well, over that 6 months I lost about 40 lbs and got down to a size 6/8 (145 lbs). I still had acne, but my body was so nice, it lessened the stress. I'm telling you, just make up your mind to change and see what the results will be. Change your mind, change your life.

i know what you are going through, except my skin's glory days were around 3rd grade. it sucks i know. but try to do anything you can to keep your spirits up. i would recommend positive addictions such as exercise and healthy diet. no matter how bad your skin looks you will feel better if you take care of yourself, right? spend time to find good looking clothes, not necessarily expensive. also, what helps me the most is talking to others. finding friendship really helps me to stay positive. just my 2 cents

I was just looking at a picture that I took last summer. I had FLAWLESS skin.. well at least compared to now.

People asked me out, stared at me... but now... it's all changed

Common story among people who can remember their skin's glory days. Just goes to show that skin is everything. Prolly the most important component of looks. Do whatever you can, just focus all of your efforts on improving it. Weight's easy to fix. Shitty skin is not!

Thanks guys. I read through to remind my self what I was going through.

I have no one but my self to blame!

You all had some nice encouraging words, and I still appreciate that after 2 years has past. :)