Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Thus far, what he's doing in the video is the only thing that really gets that gunk out of me. I have to have no inflamed acne around the area to do it, though, which doesn't happen much. That lasts like a week. I usually just try to ignore it all.

i had those. and yellow thicker ones on my nose!

accutane has gotten rid of them but the trade off is i now have extremely dry skin that gets eczema from the slightest thing like the sleeves of my shirt rubbing against my skin!

Thanks for all of your replys..

I've used the best known masks, jojoba oil, retin-a, tazorac, glycolic acid, salicylic acid, skinoren, fish oil, flaxseed oil and a healthy diet, all of which did not improve the condition at all..

Seems like accutane is the best treatment for this condition but i can't risk taking that as i train in MMA and don't wont to risk damaging my joints.

I've also noticed if you don't squeeze the sebum out each day it clogs up more and more and eventually turns into cysts which is really annoying!!

So anyone who knows how to treat this condition successfully please post and let us all know as it would mean a great deal to a lot of people.

Thanks.

I've used the best known masks, jojoba oil, retin-a, tazorac, glycolic acid, salicylic acid, skinoren, fish oil, flaxseed oil and a healthy diet, all of which did not improve the condition at all..

Seems like accutane is the best treatment for this condition but i can't risk taking that as i train in MMA and don't wont to risk damaging my joints.

I've also noticed if you don't squeeze the sebum out each day it clogs up more and more and eventually turns into cysts which is really annoying!!

So anyone who knows how to treat this condition successfully please post and let us all know as it would mean a great deal to a lot of people.

Thanks.

I was looking up sebum control and I came across talk about ketoconazole. It is an anti fungal drug used to treat dandruff, athelete's foot and other fungal conditions. A listed side effect of using the shampoo is reduced sebum production leading to dry brittle hair. The effect is thought to be due to the drug acting as an anti-androgen. It is available as a shampoo or cream with the brand names Nizoral and Daktarin Gold. It's a long shot but you never know.

I was looking up sebum control and I came across talk about ketoconazole. It is an anti fungal drug used to treat dandruff, athelete's foot and other fungal conditions. A listed side effect of using the shampoo is reduced sebum production leading to dry brittle hair. The effect is thought to be due to the drug acting as an anti-androgen. It is available as a shampoo or cream with the brand names Nizoral and Daktarin Gold. It's a long shot but you never know.

I suggest just leaving them alone. All your doing by squeezing them is making your pores larger and as you said making yourself prone to cysts. What I do for that area to dry it out is take a q-tip, some Proactiv mask (Ya I know people hate Proactiv but I love that mask) and just rub a line on either side, within one to two days you should be good. I usually do it once every two - three weeks.

i had those. and yellow thicker ones on my nose!

accutane has gotten rid of them but the trade off is i now have extremely dry skin that gets eczema from the slightest thing like the sleeves of my shirt rubbing against my skin!

Try a greek yogurt mask 2 times a week. It's a light lactic acid that cleans the pore from within. I've been doing them for about 2-3 months and I rarely get anything out of my pores and when I do they're really small and getting smaller.

I also train martial arts (Jeet Kune Do) and I understand the fears about Accutain. It can really do a number on your body, including weakening your immune systems which with make you heal slower every time you get injured. Not fun.

Try the yogurt mask. If you cant find the greek yogurt, sour cream works as well.

Wash face as normal, put the yogurt/sour cream on and leave until dry (About 45mins) and then rinse with warm water. It will take a bit since when it dries it looks like glue on your face but it works a treat. Do the rest of your routine as normal. Just make sure to use moisturizer when you get to that step.

I get that around my nostrils, it's pretty gross...like you can just see the oil clogged in my pores because they are so big...I've tried exfoliating and pore strips but so far only squeezing it out like that helps D;

I have some of those on my chin. I dont do anything to them because they arent visible unless I tuck under my lower lip. Plus hes using his nails!

I have some of those on my chin. I dont do anything to them because they arent visible unless I tuck under my lower lip. Plus hes using his nails!

Yeh, its surprising he doesn't have any scars and his skin actually looks good apart from the sebum coming out of his pores.

Yeh, its surprising he doesn't have any scars and his skin actually looks good apart from the sebum coming out of his pores.

I dont know why anyone would post a youtube video of that. Thats really disgusting!

Ugh, my nose totally does this. The problem with just squeezing them out like that is that the skin gets really flaky at that area and using a moisturizer doesn't hide it at all. And my nose looks red for a day or so.

The mildest way to remove the excess sebum is using a clay mask. I have been using Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque for a while now. I put on a thin layer leave it for about 30 minutes and you can see the oil has been drawn out into the dry mask. Trouble is I'm not convinced it is making any long term improvement.

Do any of you guys get what this guy has coming out of his pores in the video?

If yes then have you managed to treat it successfully or keep it under control?

thanks.

HI,

This actually worked for me very very very well simply rub the area with excess sebum with the flesh of a tomatoe (not the skin) each night before bed for a week at the end of the week your skin will be super shiny and your pores super tight and gunk free. Also increase your consumption of water fish not just omega 3 and flaxseed supplement. I know you said you do MMA so if you're only drinking a few glasses of water it may not be enough since you sweat more than average due to heighten activity. Also make sure you are washing you splash your face at least three times a day to remove excess oil (always wash your hands first). I hope this helps and yes don't touch your face often, our hands and feet produce incredible amounts of oils I don't know why. good luck!

Thanks.

I know of one product that inhibits Sebum production. I haven't tried it myself yet. I've tried this company's acne wash and it is the best I've come across.

here is a link to the sebum inhibiting product:

This site won't let me post a link, so go to DRSEMEL.COM and click on the Acne Section and you will find the product named Face It Dryer.

thanks! As Ringo would say, Peace and Love...Peace and Love...

These are called sebaceous filaments and I read a study that said when you squeeze them out they just fill right back up within 30 days. I guess some people just have more than others. I can squeeze a little out, but not like that, oh man.

Thanks.

I know of one product that inhibits Sebum production. I haven't tried it myself yet. I've tried this company's acne wash and it is the best I've come across.

here is a link to the sebum inhibiting product:

This site won't let me post a link, so go to DRSEMEL.COM and click on the Acne Section and you will find the product named Face It Dryer.

thanks! As Ringo would say, Peace and Love...Peace and Love...