Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jerry002

Getting off the regime successfully

I have been on the regimen for about 6 months now and it has worked fairly well. the areas i have been applying cream to are all clear, but areas i never had any problems with before are now starting to break out.

anyway, i was wandering if anyone has had any success dropping the regimen and switching to just a daily cleanser. i am hesitant because my skin feels like it may be dependent on BP cream now.

I've been cutting down on the regimen, and I use to use it on my chin and cheeks but stopped that completely and they're both fine. My chin I just cleanse every morning and its fine, and my forehead (which is my biggest trouble area) I only apply the BP gel once in the morning after cleansing and then just cleansing only when I shower later in the day after track and the gym and stuff. Doing this I think caused my skin to improve, which makes me want to drop the regimen as well, or reduce to just cleansing. My advice to you is to just do it gradually, use less and less each time you use it and cut down on the amount of times you do it daily, and see if there is any big changes. If there arent, stop using it completely for a few days and see how things turn out. The worst that could happen is that you could start to see a breakout coming and then just start the BP again and neutralize it before it starts.

Hope this helps

You will probably just break out like you did before you started the reg. Your skin wont have changed much in 6months I wouldnt of thought.

You can never know how long a particular person has to use the Regimen. I have been using it since 2001 and from time to time go off of it to see the response...you can try the same. Using benzoyl peroxide does not cure your acne but only treats it and you can also rest assured that your body will not become "dependent" on it. Some people for whatever reason have acne that lasts longer than others (I am 32 and STILL have it) so using benzoyl peroxide will have to last as long as your acne lasts. Also as people age most experience a change in where their acne appears. Mine was more on my nose and forehead in my teens, but as I entered adulthood it changed to my cheeks, chin and forehead. Go with it and treat the areas that need the treatment.

Here's a quote from the "Alternative Medicine Handbook"...

"In teenagers, acne is often found on the forehead, nose, and chin. As people get older, it tends to appear towards the outer part of the face."

Sounds like rubbish to me. For whatever reason, i do not know. this isnt just me this is others reporting this. BP breaks you out in areas that you wouldnt normally if you do not apply regularly and keep applying.

Sounds like rubbish to me. For whatever reason, i do not know. this isnt just me this is others reporting this. BP breaks you out in areas that you wouldnt normally if you do not apply regularly and keep applying.

Ive been on the regime 5 months (just at nights) and during that time I have come off twice.

1st time results: Stopped BP and instead just used Neutrogena foaming cleanser morning and night, and Neutrogena oil-free face lotion during the day, and Cetaphil during the night.

I started to break out with small acne spots.

2nd time results (where I am right now, 1 week in): Exactly the same as above, however I have added in a home microdermabrasion in with all these natural oils in. This is to clear red marks and it is working extremely good.

I am breaking out nowhere near as much as the first time I tried to come off Dans regime. In the 1 week that I have been off BP (and counting) only 2 small acne spots have appeared. I just dab a small amount of 10% BP on them at night time and it has removed them. I don't have any active acnes at this moment!