Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dan

Tubes vs. Bottles poll

Bottles or Tubes  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer the old tubes or the new bottles?

• Tubes
    • Bottles
    • I like both
    • Some other option (see my comment below)

What about a 5 oz tube for $9. I wonder if that's possible :P

On drugstore.com I've found not only 5 oz tubes (Aveeno scrub) :P, but 6 oz tubes (St. Ive's products), 6.5 oz tubes (Clean & Clear cream cleansers), 8 oz (Queen Helene mint julep mask), and 9 oz tubes (Tresemme conditioning treatment). That seems to be about the biggest they get. If the tube wasn't too unwieldy and the hole was the same size as the 4 oz. tubes, I'd be thrilled with 6-9 oz. tubes. I imagine they'd be slightly cheaper than the bottles, too, because they are a thinner material and don't need a pump piece.

Use an 8 oz tube like sunscreens do

http://img.classiccloseouts.com/images_104...m/5DZ189685.jpg

My thoughts on this are pretty simple - BUYING larger sizes of bp is a very good idea from a cost-effectiveness point of view, i.e. cheaper product per ounce since less packaging is involved. But, USING smaller sizes (and in this case, TUBES rather than pump bottles) makes a lot more sense - easier to dispense the correct amount of bp, and cut open the tube when it nears the end.

So the solution to me seems simple - rather than having only pump bottles available, or having giant unwieldy tubes, there should be 4oz (or perhaps 6oz) REFILLABLE tubes available. Then you can offer a 16oz (or even 32oz) "refill" size bottle. Preferably this refill bottle and the refillable tubes would have caps designed in such a way so as to make refilling reasonably easy. The refill bottle would not need to have a pump (though I suppose it could) since the idea would be to refill the smaller tubes rather than use the refill bottle on its own. But I suppose that could be an option as well.

The advantage to this combination of products is we still get the nice easy-to-use tubes - AND we get the cost-effectiveness of buying the refill bottles (it's like buying in bulk!) - cheaper to manufacture since there's less wasted packaging than having a bunch of small tubes, so it'd be cheaper to buy.

So if there is a way to accomplish the "refillable" goal then I truly think it'd be the best of both worlds - please consider this option if you have not already!

We originally thought of a refill system but for whatever reason that fell through. Maybe it just isn't really a feasible thing to do. The gel is just too thick to easily refill another container with ... unless the container that you were refilling had a large opening (like the flip-top or pump containers do). If we could get a tube with a large opening and a flip cap then it might be a possibility.

If we could get a tube with a large opening and a flip cap then it might be a possibility.

This does sound like what would need to happen.... a tube with a large opening, but with a flip-cap that screws on with a normal (small) sized opening so as to properly control the amount of bp that comes out.

I don't know anything about what sort of packaging options there really are readily available though, so I'm not sure how feasible this would be. :) But I'd really encourage you guys to look into it!

Also, it really is fantastic that you guys are using the open forum to get product feedback - thanks! Together I bet we'll all figure out the ideal product configuration :)

i love the idea of refillable tubes! that would make the bp much more portable, so i wouldn't actually have to buy the travel size just for travel (not very cost effective).

in regards to the old blue style and the tubes, i think the old saying applies: if it ain't broke, don't fix it. i wish you would've taken this poll before the changes were made.

for those who like the refill idea, what i've been doing is squeezing some BP from the tubes into old 2 oz bottles of proactiv. the opening of the small bottles were big enough and it worked out fine.

I'm a new user, and today I started to use the DKR regimen and these new bottles. So I'm not really sure how the tubes are like, although they're probably like any other tube I used before. But so far I'm using the pump dispenser for the BP, and it's doing a good job in my opinion. It's easy to control and forms a thin line on my finger without a problem.

I'm pretty curious, but for those who have actually tried both pump dispensers and tubes for BP, how much better is the tube since a lot of people prefer it?

And as for BP being stuck on the pump, I'll have to examine it as I use it. But so far I'm liking these products way better than Acnefree and Proactiv. Consistency of the BP feels nice, the cleanser doesn't over-dry my face as much, and the moisturizer is easy to put on. But as it is the first day, I can't offer a good review on it yet. However, I can't complain about the price :)

But thanks a lot for getting these products out, Dan! If things go as well as planned, I'll be a loyal customer.

Thanks you guys. I'll look into going back to tubes for the 2oz. and 8oz. BP, and keep the 16oz. in bottles. It make sense to keep bottles for the cleanser and moisturizer I think.

Again, keep in mind this would be a little down the road. It takes a while to order tubes and get them filled.

Please bring back the tubes, even a smaller version too. I travel a lot on weekends and camp, and the tubes are easier to pack. It'd be nice if you could make a tube with a larger opening so it could be refilled from a larger bottle or something, like what I do for sunscreen. I just don't have room for a giant bottle of something even in my tiny bathroom at home. Thanks. I really depend on this stuff!

i've barely gone a week into my new large bottle of bp and i've noticed that the sides of the bottle are getting sucked in by the pump. is this supposed to happen? i can't imagine what the bottle will look like when i'm halfway through.

Have we established an estimated time frame in which tubes could possibly be reintroduced into the distribution process? The last tube design appeared well thought out and professional. I'm certain there would be alot of happy users if the tubes were brought back. Obviously the initial human reaction to change is resistance, especially when you change something that works well. I'm sure the bottles have their advantages for particular applications. It does seem as though the tubes are the way to go for the Acne product. Hopefully we'll see a return to the tubes in the near future.

Best Regards To All!

I'm with Cramsession on the option of two caps with the old packaging. Before I received the product, I was just a customer. After I saw that you'd offered two caps (one squeeze and one pump) I became a fan. NO ONE takes such customer centric approaches anymore.

I also actually used both the cap and pump tops by switching to the cap when the bottle got low. Then I could get every bit out.

Other than that, tubes for 8 oz or less of BP and both caps for the larger bottles.

Thanks for asking our opinions on this.

Julia

I definitely prefer the tubes over the bottles. Its much easier to travel with and you can cut the tube in half and get the last bit of BP out of it.

I absolutely HATE the new pump bottle!!!! I am just below half a bottle and already am having trouble getting the bottle to pump out the gel...I have to take the top off and dab it on. Further, the pump bottle is far less travel friendly. PLEASE start offering the old tube again but with the bigger size.

I also actually used both the cap and pump tops by switching to the cap when the bottle got low. Then I could get every bit out.

You might try doing that when the bottle gets low.

I just got my bottles yesterday, I'll check back on which I like more!

i really like the tubes alot, but thats only for the medication; while the bottle for the cleanser and the moisturizer is great

I miss the tubes - much better than bottles for the bp imo. I find the bottle inconvenient to take around with me but am often away for a long periods and so the new travel size container isn't big enough for me.

i only recently ordered the set of products, thus never experiencing the tube that is spoken of. my one concern is...how do you measure out your '2 pumps of bp' easily from a tube?? i like just having all three of my products neatly lined up in pump dispensers on my counter where i can just pump and and begin the next step. why stop, pick up a tube, flip the cap, hope you get the correct amount, close the cap...and proceed? anyway i may not even know what im talking about here cuz like i said, ive never used the tube yet. i can see how it would be handy for travel, but then again, id want all three in tubes for travel if that were the case, and would still want the OPTION of getting one or the other or mix n match etc. (if the whole tube thing is easier just cuz you can get the product out easier, then i would prefer they ALL be offered in tubes. why waste cleanser and moisturizer...but not bp?)

i only recently ordered the set of products, thus never experiencing the tube that is spoken of. my one concern is...how do you measure out your '2 pumps of bp' easily from a tube?? i like just having all three of my products neatly lined up in pump dispensers on my counter where i can just pump and and begin the next step. why stop, pick up a tube, flip the cap, hope you get the correct amount, close the cap...and proceed? anyway i may not even know what im talking about here cuz like i said, ive never used the tube yet. i can see how it would be handy for travel, but then again, id want all three in tubes for travel if that were the case, and would still want the OPTION of getting one or the other or mix n match etc. (if the whole tube thing is easier just cuz you can get the product out easier, then i would prefer they ALL be offered in tubes. why waste cleanser and moisturizer...but not bp?)

everyone here started out on tubes so we probably prefer it over the bottles, what worries me is that the bp sometimes isnt very prone to go up a pump, even in the tube there is a bunch of bp still on the sides of the tube that just dont come down no matter how much you shake it, with a pump this might be alot worse :shock: but traveling wise, everyone travels with the bp cleansor and moisturizer anyway and most dont use one without the other so i dont see why you can complain about just the bp and not about the cleansor or the moisturizer. I would like to know when the tubes will be brought back though if thats possible just because the content is easier to get out in a tube fashion, maybe its the same reason toothpaste isnt dispensed in a pump. :D

everyone here started out on tubes so we probably prefer it over the bottles, what worries me is that the bp sometimes isnt very prone to go up a pump, even in the tube there is a bunch of bp still on the sides of the tube that just dont come down no matter how much you shake it, with a pump this might be alot worse :shock: but traveling wise, everyone travels with the bp cleansor and moisturizer anyway and most dont use one without the other so i dont see why you can complain about just the bp and not about the cleansor or the moisturizer. I would like to know when the tubes will be brought back though if thats possible just because the content is easier to get out in a tube fashion, maybe its the same reason toothpaste isnt dispensed in a pump. :D

I don't prefer the tubes, and I started a year ago :P

Hard to say if it will be hard to get the leftovers, but if you think of it this way:

With the tube, the product can't settle in one area. and even if you DO cut it open, there is FARR more than you can use in one session. So, what do you do with the leftovers anyway?

BUT, with the bottle, it will slowly settle to the bottom as you use it overtime. So, At the end I would be surprised if there was contents on the sides. Gravity always wins!

Oh, and I used to use Pump Toothpaste as a kid!

BUT, with the bottle, it will slowly settle to the bottom as you use it overtime. So, At the end I would be surprised if there was contents on the sides. Gravity always wins!

going by your logic, why wouldn't the bp settle to the bottom of the tube if gravity always wins? most of us store it upright anyway. the bottle is supposedly made of material that makes the bp NOT stick... but i haven't used it till the end to verify that.