Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iCandy

Trying to Get Rid of Hyperpigmented Flat Scars

I have hyperpigmented scars on my lower legs from picking at ingrown hairs (I know terrible habit, have stopped).

The skin has the same texture as the surrounding skin, the only difference is that it is a slightly darker colour.

I have had two different types of peels to the area, I can't remember what type of peel it was >.< but they only made a very slight difference, if any. I now use a 2% hydoquinone cream, john plunkett's superfade cream, on and off and sometimes think it's helping but am not too sure.

I have medium/dark olive skin (fitzpatrick 3/4) and would like a peel for my legs that will really make a difference. I have not found a dermatologist that has been able to help so I'd like your advice :) .

Thanks! I know it isn't acne but I figured you'd have the most experience with this sort of thing ^.^

Hyperpigmentation topics are best posted in the forum through the link below

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Red-marks...r-acne-f34.html

This forum is mainly for atrophic and hypertrophic scarring.

hydroquinoine is a good start.... with your darker skin you have to be careful, I'd look up the Jessner's peel, very effective peel that is much safer for darker skins than other peels.